Sackboy
458 posts

Re: PS4 screen dims

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2014

saab01 wrote:
How is it my tv it doesn't make any sense. When I watch tv never did the screen ever dim or get brighter at times. And never when playing on my PS3 or 360 did the screen ever dim mid gameplay.

My thoughts are that the light sensor on the PS4 changes according to the light in the room.

If you actually want a solution you need to go through the basic troubleshooting steps firstcheck your TV's settings. With most modern HDTVs you have a different settings template for each input. For example, on my TV I use dynamic contrast and the eco sensor on HDMI 1, because it's just my cable box. But on HDMI 2 and 3 I have those settings disabled for my gaming consoles.

You're most likely using a new input for your PS4, which means it hasn't been configured yet. Default settings almost always use the eco sensor.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Feb 24, 2014
It's your TV. I have that setting and turned it off. I have custom settings now.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Your TV is in Eco mode

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month
I have to say it's not the tv. I can watch netflix on the ps4 and after a while the picture dims, if I pick up the ps4 controller turn it on and just flick the joystick and the picture turns bright again. Turn the controller off and repeat once the screen dims again. However the tv I have is a smart tv and it has netflix built in. If I'm just watching netflix through the tv and not on the ps4 the tv never dims.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (252 Views)
0 Likes