Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
18720 posts

Re: PS4 "social features"

Feb 22, 2013

moblesuit75 wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

I like the idea of a PSN social network but not the idea of PSN being more social with facebook, twitter etc.

I like the idea of giving us the option to keep our anymous [PSN ID Only] persona. I hope detailed control  over our PSN profile display/info is given to us. Public Vs Clan Vs Friends

I like the idea of sharing my screen with friends and/ being able to view theirs.

I like the idea of a built in video capture software and the ease to share it to youtube. [if this works just with facebook then I will not care for it]

Forgot about that too.  Bye bye to the safety of anonymity.  When your PSN ID is attached to your FaceBook, then all bets are lower when it comes time to protect yourself from viscous ten year olds in Nebraska, hell bent on ruining you because you blew them up in BF3.:smileylol:

Oh, an yay, more cap vid of some aim bot armed idiot taking people out from an un Godly range and angle.  Lets see all the videos!  Booooo.

Still a, No Thanks from me.

Moble

Oh no please people don't fall for this. Nooooo :smileylol:

That will be the day when these boads will turn into 99% threads about "Someone is threatening to hack my account. What can I do?

PSN ID posted:

Some one on facebook sent me a message and now they've magically taken control over my COD game. To whom do I pray to?  Help!

Those game cheat videos are inevitable but to share video game experiences with friends, not john doe, it should be fun. From time to time I encounter funny things, given the context, that I wish I could share with friends

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 21 of 42 (149 Views)
MVP Support
18720 posts

Feb 22, 2013

chaos_789 wrote:

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

You all make some really good points :smileyhappy:

I agree with the facebook aspect of things stated as i really can't stand it either and won't be linking crap to it ! ( I only recently joined the facebook world like 2 months ago just because my bro and cousins who all live in other states and it is a good way to keep in touch with them).

But being able to share gameplay and such with the people on my PSN is gonna really cool i think !

That share gameplay can be good for people who post help videos, unlike before you don`t need to go out and spend money to buy a recording device. That button is not one I would use often if at all.

Exactly which is why I hope they allow us to post to youtube not just facebook.

Message 22 of 42 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

By the way some of you guys post you make it sound like you game in some deep dark cave ! I mean you all must be gaming fans with most of you have thousands of posts in this forum and that's being pretty social in my eyes.

The world is turning into a very social place with facebook,instagram,youtube,smartphones ect. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people that post in this forum have a smart phone,facebook page and so on.

IDK I am a social gamer and I very much enjoy playing with friends and sharing my gaming experiences with them so I am soooo excited for the new social features. :smileyhappy:

you hit the nail on the head...i do pretty much game in a cave..lol

my social media is right here i guess you could say,i dont even have a FB,myspace or a tweeb account and never plan to...the only person i want to know anything about me is my wife and thats where it stops other than a very few close friends who i call on a landline phone because i dropped using cellphones about 3 years ago and will never go back....i work alone and i play alone besides when i play with my ol'lady ..HAHA

point being i am much happier without all the social nonsense most people feel the need for...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 23 of 42 (138 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 22, 2013

One thing i noticed is when they showed the player interface there was no Youtube logo it was a Ustream logo, wonder what that means, if anything.

Message 24 of 42 (129 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

One thing i noticed is when they showed the player interface there was no Youtube logo it was a Ustream logo, wonder what that means, if anything.

It is too early to say so by E3 we should know for sure. I don't see why SONY can't manage to negotiate with youtube to feature a direct upload to youtube option

Message 25 of 42 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

They possibly haven't come to an agreement on Youtube sharing, which I'm sure Google will call them up on so we have better options. The console isn't finished, and we have years of firmware updates after its release, we'll get Youtube sharing for sure.

Message 26 of 42 (123 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Time will tell. Can't wait for E3 !! Do you think they reveal the case before E3 ?
Message 27 of 42 (114 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4419 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:
Time will tell. Can't wait for E3 !! Do you think they reveal the case before E3 ?

I am thinking E3 will be the time to do it.  Of course you have seen my theory on what they may be holding back in lieu of a Next Gen XBox Announcement.

Moble

Message 28 of 42 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I feel E3 we will see price,case and hands on gameplay for sure. I'm excited for BF4 i love playing BF3, I hope Dice makes a huge effort at E3 !

Also i think the PS4 is gonna once again be held back on multiplatform games again just because leaked specs of the 720 say it will have 8 gigs of gddr 3 ram where as sony has already stated the PS4 will have gddr 5 wich is a huge differnce in speeds !  

Message 29 of 42 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18720 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

moblesuit75 wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

I like the idea of a PSN social network but not the idea of PSN being more social with facebook, twitter etc.

I like the idea of giving us the option to keep our anymous [PSN ID Only] persona. I hope detailed control  over our PSN profile display/info is given to us. Public Vs Clan Vs Friends

I like the idea of sharing my screen with friends and/ being able to view theirs.

I like the idea of a built in video capture software and the ease to share it to youtube. [if this works just with facebook then I will not care for it]

Forgot about that too.  Bye bye to the safety of anonymity.  When your PSN ID is attached to your FaceBook, then all bets are lower when it comes time to protect yourself from viscous ten year olds in Nebraska, hell bent on ruining you because you blew them up in BF3.:smileylol:

Oh, an yay, more cap vid of some aim bot armed idiot taking people out from an un Godly range and angle.  Lets see all the videos!  Booooo.

Still a, No Thanks from me.

Moble

Oh no please people don't fall for this. Nooooo :smileylol:

That will be the day when these boads will turn into 99% threads about "Someone is threatening to hack my account. What can I do?

PSN ID posted:

Some one on facebook sent me a message and now they've magically taken control over my COD game. To whom do I pray to?  Help!

Those game cheat videos are inevitable but to share video game experiences with friends, not john doe, it should be fun. From time to time I encounter funny things, given the context, that I wish I could share with friends

Oh crap, I called it and it already happened on the PS3 :smileyvery-happy:  :smileyindifferent:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/account-hacked/m-p/39634875#M265765

Message 30 of 42 (82 Views)
0 Likes