Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Re: PS4 "social features"

Feb 22, 2013

I can see where your coming from but do you think this is the concensus of the masses or just a hand full of people ?

Message 11 of 42 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18752 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I like the idea of a PSN social network but not the idea of PSN being more social with facebook, twitter etc.

I like the idea of giving us the option to keep our anymous [PSN ID Only] persona. I hope detailed control  over our PSN profile display/info is given to us. Public Vs Clan Vs Friends

I like the idea of sharing my screen with friends and/ being able to view theirs.

I like the idea of a built in video capture software and the ease to share it to youtube. [if this works just with facebook then I will not care for it]

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 12 of 42 (193 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 22, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:
Pulling your name and picture from your Facebook profile, sharing game videos on Facebook and Ustream. It isn't as socially intergrated as some people may think.

But that's just the thing Fidelity, I don't need that.  I don;t have it now, so why would I need it later.

That, and it is also Sony's way of integrating all things Sony.  They want Brand Allegiance to stem from this.  They figure, if your P can communicate with your TV, BlueRay, Phone, Tablet, and anything else, that you will be sure to buy all Sony.

While I have a Sony Digital Receiver, PS3, Sony BlueRay, and currently a Sony DLP; my next TV is certainly going to be a Samsung.  So already I am supposedly cutting off the capabilities of the "Social" aspect of the PS4.  Does it matter to me?  No.

I just find it funny how the "majority" of the World is going to goo and gah about this feature.  When it comes down to it though, I like to game to be alone.  It calms my soul and makes me happy to be doing something by myself.

I don't need the tech to talk to me and give me status updates.

Sorry Fidelity, didn't mean to rant on you.  Actually wasn't meant to be directed to you.  You were only pointing out what the feature does, I understand that.

Just figured I would use your post to expound a little more to the OP.

Moble

Message 13 of 42 (191 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

By the way some of you guys post you make it sound like you game in some deep dark cave ! I mean you all must be gaming fans with most of you have thousands of posts in this forum and that's being pretty social in my eyes.

The world is turning into a very social place with facebook,instagram,youtube,smartphones ect. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people that post in this forum have a smart phone,facebook page and so on.

IDK I am a social gamer and I very much enjoy playing with friends and sharing my gaming experiences with them so I am soooo excited for the new social features. :smileyhappy:

I suppose what it comes down to on this; is when we can;t play our PS3s, we come here to talk about it.  It is a love affair of sorts.

When we can't be with the one we love, we talk about them.:smileywink:

Moble

Message 14 of 42 (189 Views)
MVP Support
18752 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

By the way some of you guys post you make it sound like you game in some deep dark cave ! I mean you all must be gaming fans with most of you have thousands of posts in this forum and that's being pretty social in my eyes.

Yes it is being social but we get to keep our privacy

The world is turning into a very social place with facebook,instagram,youtube,smartphones ect. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of the people that post in this forum have a smart phone,facebook page and so on.

I've a smart phone and the only reason I got one is so I have intenet access on the go. Facebook who? You wont have me in there. Call me a sinner but I like the flesh, face to face interaction & hand written latters.

IDK I am a social gamer and I very much enjoy playing with friends and sharing my gaming experiences with them so I am soooo excited for the new social features. :smileyhappy:

Same here [see my previous post] We can talk gaming all you want YAY and moving stories too  Awwwww, Fiona :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Faith-in-humanity-restored/m-p/39613637...

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 15 of 42 (188 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

I like the idea of a PSN social network but not the idea of PSN being more social with facebook, twitter etc.

I like the idea of giving us the option to keep our anymous [PSN ID Only] persona. I hope detailed control  over our PSN profile display/info is given to us. Public Vs Clan Vs Friends

I like the idea of sharing my screen with friends and/ being able to view theirs.

I like the idea of a built in video capture software and the ease to share it to youtube. [if this works just with facebook then I will not care for it]

Forgot about that too.  Bye bye to the safety of anonymity.  When your PSN ID is attached to your FaceBook, then all bets are lower when it comes time to protect yourself from viscous ten year olds in Nebraska, hell bent on ruining you because you blew them up in BF3.:smileylol:

Oh, an yay, more cap vid of some aim bot armed idiot taking people out from an un Godly range and angle.  Lets see all the videos!  Booooo.

Still a, No Thanks from me.

Moble

Message 16 of 42 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7319 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I don`t mind it, not sure how much of it I would actually use. Most people, though, seem to be for social media in todays world. Just look at how many people use social website regularly. I myself don`t post on them much, I do use facebook with the PS3 though. I am sure I would use some features, like uploading trophies.

As you said though, the social features on PS4 are not just facebook and stuff, they even said you can have your own social media profile on the PS4.

I also hear some people saying they will not get it because of the social features, but that makes little sense, because the they are optional extra options, you are not forced to use them, and the PS4 is designed to appeal to multiple groups of people, not just a single group. Secondly, PS4 is still primarly a gaming device, most people will use it to play games.
Message 17 of 42 (185 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Just thought of something I would use, with regards to the Social Feature.

Integrate THIS FORUM!:smileyhappy:

Have an interactive link to, in game and otherwise, communication to the PSN FOrum.  GENIUS!  That is the only way I would use it.

Moble

Message 18 of 42 (180 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Feb 22, 2013

You all make some really good points :smileyhappy:

I agree with the facebook aspect of things stated as i really can't stand it either and won't be linking crap to it ! ( I only recently joined the facebook world like 2 months ago just because my bro and cousins who all live in other states and it is a good way to keep in touch with them).

But being able to share gameplay and such with the people on my PSN is gonna really cool i think !

Message 19 of 42 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7319 posts

Feb 22, 2013

PKRFN4LIFE wrote:

You all make some really good points :smileyhappy:

I agree with the facebook aspect of things stated as i really can't stand it either and won't be linking crap to it ! ( I only recently joined the facebook world like 2 months ago just because my bro and cousins who all live in other states and it is a good way to keep in touch with them).

But being able to share gameplay and such with the people on my PSN is gonna really cool i think !

That share gameplay can be good for people who post help videos, unlike before you don`t need to go out and spend money to buy a recording device. That button is not one I would use often if at all.

Message 20 of 42 (174 Views)