Nov 26 2013
By: sadlybeautiful Lombax Warrior 104 posts
Accepted Solution

PS4 profile question?

7 replies 150 views Edited Nov 26, 2013

Hey everyone, I just signed into my profile on the PS4 today and I saw that my first and last name were highlighted above my PSN ID. And later when I was looking at my friends list it just showed my full name and not my PSN ID at all.

My question is this: Do my friends see my first and last name or do they just see my PSN ID?. I don't want my full name used as my ID but that's all it shows me. Am I the only one seeing my full name?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: PS4 profile question?

Nov 26, 2013

YOU see it no matter what.

Your privacy settings determine who else does.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (147 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 26, 2013

If they sent a "Real Name" request and you accepted they'll see your name. If that didn't happen they won't.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (144 Views)
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 26, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

If they sent a "Real Name" request and you accepted they'll see your name. If that didn't happen they won't.

To elaborate:

Privacy Settings

Select [PSNSM] > [Privacy Settings].

• Activity Sharing
    Set which of your activities are viewable, and set the group of players who can view them.
  • Friends
    Set the players who can see your Friends.
  • Trophies
    Set the players who can see your trophies. You can also specify for each game whether to show trophies.
  • Name and Profile Picture
    Set whether the name you registered with your Sony Entertainment Network account is displayed in games. This feature is available in supported games only. If a player's Facebook account information is linked, the player's Facebook profile picture also appears.
    Your name and profile picture are displayed only to players who have accepted your name requests, and players whose name requests you have accepted. For details about name requests, see "Adding Friends".
    Set the players from whom you receive messages in (Messages).
  • Friend Requests
    Set the players from whom you receive Friend requests.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/privacy.html

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Okay, that's what I thought. I didn't see anything specific about who could see my actual name and who couldn't. I just saw an option to show my friends list to other friends, who could see my activities and whether to use my real name during gameplay, but it didn't say anything about just ordinary PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 26, 2013

So just to be clear: the name request option is only available during gaming and for those people you met while gaming? It's not for those on your friends list that you don't play games with?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16286 posts

Nov 26, 2013

No. Anyone one your friends list can request your real name. It's up to you if you want to accept or not.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (122 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I just wanted to test it out but it only would allow me to send it to players met and it said no players met. Maybe nobody on my list was online on their PS4 at the time. I wish that aspect was more clear. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (116 Views)
0 Likes