Highlighted
Oct 02 2013
By: jwilliamswku First Son 6 posts

PS4 multiplayer vs Xbox live multiplayer

8 replies 1049 views Edited Oct 2, 2013

I haven't had a playstation since the ps2....but i'm actually thinking about buying a ps4 this go around instead of an xbox one.  I play multiplayer online ALOT and this will be one of the main selling points for me.  Is the multiplayer on playstation networks just as good as on xbox live?  Any lagg?  How are the servers? Are they always up? I know this can probably only be answered by someone who has both consoles, so as to have an objective opinion.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (1,049 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: PS4 multiplayer vs Xbox live multiplayer

Oct 2, 2013
I have both and they both run great. When I play a game like Black Ops 2, I feel that its a bit less laggier on the PS3 then the 360, though. Could just be me, IDK. The only thing I really wish the PS3 had was party chat, however, its officially coming out for the PS4, so that makes me a happy person.

As far as the servers always being up, yes they are. PSN does have some scheduled maintenance once in a while, but usually they give you a warning before hand, and if you sign on before the maintenance starts, you will stay logged in.

I'm a heavy online gamer and thats my passion, to play games online, and trust me when I say this, the PS3 has been perfect. You will be satisfied more then 100%.
Message 2 of 9 (1,005 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Oct 2, 2013

jwilliamswku wrote:

I haven't had a playstation since the ps2....but i'm actually thinking about buying a ps4 this go around instead of an xbox one.  I play multiplayer online ALOT and this will be one of the main selling points for me.  Is the multiplayer on playstation networks just as good as on xbox live?  Any lagg?  How are the servers? Are they always up? I know this can probably only be answered by someone who has both consoles, so as to have an objective opinion.  Thank you.

No problems at all to speak of. I hardly ever see any lag or issues. I just choose to go online with the game and it just works and works great. Lag issues if any may also be a provider problem not PSN if some one is using DSL for net VS. Fios The DSL will be tons slow due to DSL is 700k byes a second and on Fios I got over 80meg a second for data speeds. So to make an clear answer. I have no issues at all.

Message 3 of 9 (1,003 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Oct 2, 2013
I think xbox has the edge. However with PS4 being subscription only I see its online seriously improving.
Message 4 of 9 (999 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Oct 2, 2013

It's relatively the same experience.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 5 of 9 (995 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Oct 2, 2013
its the same thing, i think theres this false bravado in everyone thinking live is better, but i own both and i dont no lag on PSN at all, its the same thing.
Message 6 of 9 (991 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8157 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Have both.

Experienced more problems with the 360 but only because I've played online a lot more with my friends on 360

However any problems I do get are minescule on either console.

The REAL, repeat REAL difference between the two online services I have noticed are that PS users are playing more tactically and 360 users play more aggressively. Also PS+ is hands down, the better investment as the subscription pays for itself in the first few months with the free content.

I have many problems with MS' policies, hardware and first problem games.

The only problem I really have with SONY is thier controller style.

Hope this helps
Hey That Chris signature
Message 7 of 9 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

I have a couple accounts on X-Box and PS and my biggest problems with PS online have been dropped games due to peer hosting. With the X-Box there had been more support for dedicated servers. The party chat function was nice also in X-Box and I hope they bring that to PS4. 

I do enjoy the Playstation experience more and have encountered less annoying idividuals than when I played on X-Box. I feel that if they are planning on having Plus required as a subscription to play online, then they are planning on doing a lot more with the online experience. It does take resources to incorporate that technology and maintnance which cost money. If this is the reason I have to pay a subscription fee in order for the experience to enhance then I will be glad to support it.

"Be water my friend." - Bruce Lee
12th Man
Message 8 of 9 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Oct 2, 2013
Xbox certainly has the less mature audience.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 9 (925 Views)
0 Likes