Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 15, 2013
Message 11 of 20 (405 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/15/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 15, 2013

Grindhead_Jim  thank you for the informative reply...  Glad to see there was a concern about this and will be patched in the near future.. Good to see we won the fight and not just take it up the @$$ and say thanks like all the kid sheep who never payed for thier own consoles using thier parents $$ lol

Message 12 of 20 (400 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/11/2006
Offline
278 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 15, 2013

lol glad I have a ps3 and a nice computer... what kind of modern day device can't even play mp3's... Gotta love the modern day mentality of releasing something as soon as possible and then fixing it later. (I'm looking at you too bf4!)

Photobucket
Message 13 of 20 (395 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 18, 2013

Turbo1998 wrote:

lol glad I have a ps3 and a nice computer... what kind of modern day device can't even play mp3's... Gotta love the modern day mentality of releasing something as soon as possible and then fixing it later. (I'm looking at you too bf4!)


The PS4 isn't broken - it's just getting a feature added.  Big difference between EA's faux pais with BF4 and the lack of MP3/DLNA support.  For the record, Music Unlimited works like a dream.  I still want MP3 support on par with MU functionality, but I would be lying if I said that MU wasn't a truly viable substitute in the meantime.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 14 of 20 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/28/2007
Offline
312 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 18, 2013

 


Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Hey, guys: we've done this dance, and we won:

 

http://www.destructoid.com/ps4-will-get-mp3-and-dlna-support-eventually-265587.phtml



Glad to see this. I think its funny that they were surprised by the reaction to not having it. Anyway, I used the streaming feature on the PS3 all the time so Im ill be looking forward to the update.

I am Croxphire
Message 15 of 20 (352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
65 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 18, 2013

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

so i cant view the videos i have on my pc if they are connected to eachother?

 

 


get rid of that gimped PC if it can't play video's. 

Message 16 of 20 (348 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Nov 18, 2013

JoeKnightt wrote:

HiTmAN_90 wrote:

so i cant view the videos i have on my pc if they are connected to eachother?

 

 


get rid of that gimped PC if it can't play video's. 


He's talking about DLNA support.  The videos that are ON his PC, being viewed on his PS4 - that's what he is asking for.  Play nice, would ya?

Grindhead_Jim

Message 17 of 20 (343 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/02/2013
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Dec 15, 2013

Well Im no fan of Microsoft I have supported Sony Playstation from 1 to my gimped 4 , I was "lucky" and got one in about 5 minutes at the Sony store in orlando with no waiting.. Much excitement from the kids. Set it up and jeez where are the Media streaming options??? So out the lounge came the ps4 and into the kids den.. Much excitement at the games.... then .... Dad I cant play any movies .. Out came the ps4 back into the lounge next to my ps3 that actually does stream and now that PS4 is almost forgotten a 600 dollar deadweight.. Well done Sony .. Heres the crux I am now looking at the Microsoft Xbox simply because it does what I want or to hell with it I will stick to the PS3 .. after all it is a media center

Message 18 of 20 (270 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

[ Edited ]
Dec 15, 2013

JohnKarnes wrote:

Why did I know the term Microsoft is better was going to pop up!!!  TROLL ALERT  TROLL ALERT WARNING DANGER WILL ROBERTSON!


Soon as he starting insulting people here I knew he was a troll. For the insults he has been reported to a mod. If he did any reseatch he know there be no streaming out of bux but also know its coming back with a firmware update. How about the op do this right and search for topic like thes and reply there instead of making the same thread 10001 and one different times.

Message 19 of 20 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS4 media server

Dec 15, 2013

Gautengusa wrote:

Well Im no fan of Microsoft I have supported Sony Playstation from 1 to my gimped 4 , I was "lucky" and got one in about 5 minutes at the Sony store in orlando with no waiting.. Much excitement from the kids. Set it up and jeez where are the Media streaming options??? So out the lounge came the ps4 and into the kids den.. Much excitement at the games.... then .... Dad I cant play any movies .. Out came the ps4 back into the lounge next to my ps3 that actually does stream and now that PS4 is almost forgotten a 600 dollar deadweight.. Well done Sony .. Heres the crux I am now looking at the Microsoft Xbox simply because it does what I want or to hell with it I will stick to the PS3 .. after all it is a media center


first of all the PS4 was only 400. Unless some one oversold you online. Also its been said these feature will return with a firmware update. I cant see why people can not be patient. Id personally rather wait on stuff like this and let them get it right vs rush it and everyoen cry it doesnt work right.

Message 20 of 20 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes