First Son
5 posts

Re: PS4 losing customers to XBox One

Jul 24, 2013

I talked to a sales person @ a gaming store and they said PS4 has a lot more pre-orders then the XB1.Smiley Frustrated

Play games to " RELAX "
Message 31 of 89 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1624 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Lot of new posters here chimming in about this. Sorry OP, but I don't really care about the xbone, nor its fanboys, so your opinions are yours, and yours alone. I will never go back to them, ever, but those of you who are, or say you are, ....good luck. They flipped once, very quickly, and I imagine they will flip again, once they get a decent base back.  But all the speculation, and this article says this, or this article says that ,means nothing. What will mean something is, once the initial sales are over and the hard numbers come in, who went where, and who did what, and did it the best.  So, I'm sorry OP, what you say or show means nothing right now. Try again later, or try the xbone forums, that is where you belong.

Message 32 of 89 (355 Views)
Fender Bender
3207 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I think they are regaining the ones they lost.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 33 of 89 (350 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1010 posts

Jul 24, 2013

rukrom wrote:

ban me all you want, keep taking this down all you want, i will post the truth

1. the kinect will not be a privacy issue as it CAN be turned off. if you're still THAT paranoid. COVER YOUR MIC AND CAMERA! use your brain if sony still lets you have one http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy

2. ps+ isn't that special. free games? license transfer. it's been around longer

3. no backwards compatibility? well, golly gee! i guess i'll just keep my 360! no brainer there!

4. we don't require a handheld like the vita for our second screen capability. any smartglass capable device will do

5. http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

no online check in and buying, selling, and trading will stay as they are

Why ban you? Stupidity is something to tame. Anyways.

1. "the kinect will not be a privacy issue as it CAN be turned off. if you're still THAT paranoid. COVER YOUR MIC AND CAMERA! use your brain if sony still lets you have one http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/privacy"

Oh wow! I didn't know I can do that to the kinect! It's not like I don't have to buy it in order for the console to work! Oh wait, you are required to buy the kinect with the Xbox One and not able to disconnect it. Why should someone who is "paranoid" have to buy the kinect aka spending more money on a console when they just want the Xbox One. Sony doesn't allow us to use our brain? Well they did a good job in giving customers option in buying their camera than being forced to buy the bundle ed- "Day one edition". 

2.  "ps+ isn't that special. free games? license transfer. it's been around longer"

It's not like Microsoft adapted that model aft- they did. They decided to start that the next generation even though "It's been around for a long time"- "Its been around longer?" 

3.   no backwards compatibility? well, golly gee! i guess i'll just keep my 360! no brainer there!

No brainer here either! I can keep my Ps3! It's not like an executive from before the backlash said you should stick to 360 offline support..Nvm.

4. we don't require a handheld like the vita for our second screen capability. any smartglass capable device will do

Vita will be used for remote play for the PlayStation 4 GAMES.  Tablets and phones are still useable in games such as Watchdogs.

5. "no online check in and buying, selling, and trading will stay as they are"

Everyone knows that here by now. Microsoft needed to reverse it's policies so they can try to compete with Sony and Nintendo. 

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 34 of 89 (341 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Im a big supporter of everything playstation and I plan on buying a ps4. I'll wait and see how the Xbox-one does further down the line and decide then if I want one but since I was never fond of the 360 or original Xbox, I'm not too interested in what Microsoft has had to offer. I've bought a couple 360s over the years but nothing beats the free online play ps3 has to offer, or the lifespan of the ps3 compared to the 360. Is ps4 planning on keeping it free? If so, Awesome! If not, whatever ill still support Sony so they'll be able to afford the technology required for the ps9 they made a commercial for back in the day when ps1 first came out.

If people want to switch from ps4 to Xbox-one, I'm totally cool with that. Hopefully a lot of the immature kids I keep end up playing with make the switch.

Message 35 of 89 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1624 posts

Jul 24, 2013

ban me all you want, keep taking this down all you want, i will post what I believe, and like a TROLL. There fixed that for you, there was something wrong with it initially. I believe I fixed it, your welcome!

Message 36 of 89 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jul 24, 2013

LazyShady wrote:

2.  "ps+ isn't that special. free games? license transfer. it's been around longer"

It's not like Microsoft adapted that model aft- they did. They decided to start that the next generation even though "It's been around for a long time"- "Its been around longer?" 

5. "no online check in and buying, selling, and trading will stay as they are"

Everyone knows that here by now. Microsoft needed to reverse it's policies so they can try to compete with Sony and Nintendo. 

2, No. PS4 switchee here from Xbox. Liscense transfer has been around for years, I do remember hearing about it much longer than PS+.

However, it's not as good, and just like Game Sharing on PS, is against terms of service. Which he blantantly points out that he breaches on consistent basis.

5. Nintendo? Really? When it comes to home consoles, both Nintendo and M$ could barely fight their way out of a paper bag.
 I think even with the DRM policies, they'd still beat nintendo because of Xbox Call of Duty players that literally know nothing about the console when they buy it other than it's Microsoft's Next Generation console.

Message 37 of 89 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Jul 24, 2013

roonaboot wrote:

I've pre-ordered both consoles. Really close to cancelling the PS4 Smiley Sad

The Xbox One's launch titles are better.

Canceling because of launch titles is a really bad idea. Also, you don't even know them yet, the PS4 hasn't released them.

Microsoft is based in the USA. Their big event is E3.

Sony is based internationally, but in mainly Japan. The event to watch for them is Gamescom, and on a lesser note Tokyo game show.

Their new launch titles are to be revealed at Gamescom, in late August. Don't make the mistake of canceling before that.

Message 38 of 89 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6986 posts

Jul 24, 2013

ha

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 39 of 89 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
6025 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

(For those who don't have time to read my post, scroll to the bottom of my post to get a general idea why as a 360 owner I switched and why I'm now part of this great community, anxiously awaiting for the PS4 like millions of others.)

I was a Playstation fan since the PlayStation 1 through the first few years of the PS3. On the second year of the PS3, I grabbed a 360 due to a friend being over my house playing Gears of War (split screen). After a while I was only buying multiplatform games (Thanks Digital Foundry Smiley Sad  )and exclusives for my 360 only and while I did buy exclusives on my PS3, they were very few and far between in the beginning. So I sold my PS3 in May 2010, I know because my trade in went towards the new Alan Wake (big fan of Remedy, the developers behind Max Payne 1 & 2). Saw no point in keeping my PS3 at the time. 

It wasn't until the Vita came out that I played anything PlayStation, bought that handheld day one. Love the thing still and it wasn't until PlayStation Plus came to Vita did I bother looking at the PS3 again. With PlayStation Plus, Instant Game Collection looked very appealing, along with the great discounts and features that PlayStation Plus gave you - this appeal to me didn't just center around my Vita but the PS3 side looked enticing as well but I didn't own a PS3 at the time. So my wife gave me one in 2012 for Christmas, that's almost 3 years not owning one. So I owned both consoles again.

Fast forward to May this year, after being slapped in the Face by Microsoft for announcing the Xbox One. A device centered on tvtvtvtv, sportssportssports, and bigger focus on the Kinect (now the 2.0 on Xbox One) I already hated on the 360. Then their twitter fiasco happened which resulted in that one guy getting fired that hinted what was going to hit 360 fans hard. Their PR group came out and told everyone about their used games restrictions, Mandatory Kinect connection, and 24 hour check ins. The 24 hour checks really upset me as a prior military member who went to the desert, online connections were not always available and I knew some friends who are still in the military that this would affect. You know what Don Mattrick said about Military members who can't access an online connection For Xbox One... They can get a 360. Wow.

I was already disgusted in the company and at the breaking point but E3 did it for me. $599... Really. No one in the crowd in Microsoft's conference even bothered saying anything when that price was heard. What was weirder is the Microsoft employees who were mixed in the crowd were trying to get the crowd to cheer... It didn't work.

Then Sony came out and excited the crowd to no end, who were in a burst of cheers, chants, and clapping with each announcement about the lack of DRM restrictions on used games, no 24 hour checkins, and the camera was shown to be optional. Sony  won the crowd on all accounts but when the $399 price tag was announced, the crowd went nuts, it blew everyone's mind. The crowd was so crazy at that point no one even noticed or cared when Sony said multiplayer would require PlayStation Plus. No one gave a flip, everyone was so happy! Smiles could be seen from everyone when that auditorium was disbanding. It did it for me, I was sold.

A few days after the conference, I took my 360 and all my games and traded it in to my now paid off PS4. That day I converted, I just didn't want anything to do with the console from a company who didn't give a crap about the customers and fans who helped build it to be a well known brand. Even with the 180 turnaround, It wasn't enough. Like a wound that can't heal, the impact of how Microsoft could care less about it's customers was still with me. I never forgot and I will never forget how they handled everything with the snobbish attitude of theirs.

Three PlayStation Community here is great and if it wasn't for the great people here, like minded friends here in the forum, my friends list wouldn't be as big as it is now. So as an ex-Xbox 360 owner, I'm glad I made the switch. Nothing will change my mind, I'll never forget, and currently I await like the Millions of others who preordered their PS4. Can't wait to get my hands on the thing!

Message 40 of 89 (279 Views)