Fender Bender
2546 posts

Re: PS4 isn't much better than the PS3

Oct 1, 2013
1080P is the highest resolution we will see on either system bc 4K is not yet established as a main stream resolution that will happen years down the road. there is no need for anything beyond Blu ray discs at this point. What we will see in game as far as physics is where the major desperation will be between the PS3 and PS4. The graphics will be greatly improved once secs have more time with the system and the graphics are already better regardless. Just compare resistance fall of man an early PS3 game to what we have seen from The Last of Us to just see just how much graphics can change from the launch to later on and they will improve steadily along the way
Message 11 of 31 (7,759 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14385 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Right now. For this year and most of next year you wont be seeing a massive leap.

The PS4 is new tech. Developers have to get used to it and also games are still in development for the old tech.

A mix of the both holds back the new systems, it happens every generation.

The games near PS3's launch didn't look much better than PS2 games. Likewise for the 360 games not being much different to the original XBOX games near it's launch.

It's a combination of getting used to new tech and being held back by old tech. Until the PS3 and XBOX 360 phase out and developers learn more about what they are working with the games will not look massively better. There will be the odd one or two, but thats it.

I can give an example. Kane and Lynch Dead Men was ugly as hell and not far away from PS3 launch while the second one Dog Days was absolutely stunning visually and had improvements all over the place. Apart from online...

With any new gen... You get the one stand out title which looks awesome, and eventually everything gets better than that. When everything gets to the point of looking better than Shadow Fall then everything will look awesome.

Message 12 of 31 (7,757 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013
Also if your sticking with the PS3 for what ever reason that's fine but dont go around on message boards saying the PS3 and PS4 are no different just to justify your decision when that is not even accurate at all. Many people if given the choice will take the PS4 over the 3 if having to pay for a new system was not a factor.
Message 13 of 31 (7,745 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Oct 1, 2013

While I can. 

darknovaxp wrote:

I think this post on Kotaku sums my feelings up very well.

http://kotaku.com/to-the-people-saying-this-hardly-looks-better-than-ps3-814869706

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 14 of 31 (7,740 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7130 posts

Oct 1, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
i know the PS4 is much more powerful than the PS3 in terms of specs (CPU,GPU,Ram...) but in everyday use these specs doen't convince me it's worth upgrading to the PS4 and that's why: 1.The PS3 can run games at full HD 1080p same as the PS4. 2.they both use the high quality Blu-ray Disc type. 3.most games for PS4 are also on PS3. 4.The PS3 can run games in 3D! 5.they both have HDMI ports so if the PS3 can run games at 1080p and in 3D,in pure logic games on PS4 won't look much better in my opinion. i know the PS3 is 7 years old but did you know that Sony spend BILLIONS of dollars and teamed up with Toshiba to create The "Cell Chip'' inside the PS3 which is very capable.

ps4  is  much faster than ps3,, thats is the deal breaker they do alot of the same but  no more 1-2 hr downloads to play the game. Ps 4 does  things on a  faster  and higher rate than ps3.. it not even  a match..

ps3  tech is  still great and its  still the last great console in my opinion

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 15 of 31 (7,737 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
454 posts

Oct 1, 2013
Those games for the Playstation 3 and also Playstation 4 are what you call ports. They will have the same graphics as the current gen with the difference of better performance than last gen pending on how they [the developers] chose to port the game. If you want, let us not have any games to play at launch.
Message 16 of 31 (7,731 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6209 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013

RokoHunter wrote:
i know the PS4 is much more powerful than the PS3 in terms of specs (CPU,GPU,Ram...) but in everyday use these specs doen't convince me it's worth upgrading to the PS4 and that's why:
1.The PS3 can run games at full HD 1080p same as the PS4.
Wrong. Only a few titles on PS3 are in 1080p native, heck even more so only some PS3 games are in 720p. A Majority of PS3 titles are sub-HD resolution actually (less than 720p). Here's a small list that hasn't been updated in a while but still proves my point. 
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1113342&postcount=2
Worse, only an extreme few games run in 60fps, and more so the majority of games run either at 30fps or less ( Crysis 1, 2, 3 run in 25fps and even drops to 15fps). PS4 wool be native 720p for half the Games, 1080p native for half the other, no subHD (less than 720p) anymore. PS4 will also have a range of rock solid 30fps to 60fps games , NOTHING less than 30fps.
2.they both use the high quality Blu-ray Disc type.
There's a difference though. Developers have to compensate for the 360's DVD data limits, so details and content on a PS3 disc hardly even filled a single layer disc of 25GB at all done times. Even when they do, normally it wasn't with content but uncompressed textures.
3.most games for PS4 are also on PS3.
I don't see Killzone Shadow Fall and a couple others, sorry.
4.The PS3 can run games in 3D!
So does the PS4 if the devs want to.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/22/ps4-will-support-4k-videos-and-photos-but-not-games-3...
5.they both have HDMI ports so if the PS3 can run games at 1080p and in 3D,in pure logic games on PS4 won't look much better in my opinion.
Wrong again. NO GAME Runs in 1080p with 3D. Uncharted 3 drops the resolution to 896x504 for 3D, Killzone 3 640x716 for 3D. Sorry guy.
i know the PS3 is 7 years old but did you know that Sony spend BILLIONS of dollars and teamed up with Toshiba to create The "Cell Chip'' inside the PS3 which is very capable.

All your opinions, not facts.

Message 17 of 31 (7,720 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Oct 1, 2013

The PS4 is in my future.

Just not my immediate future...

.........................Missing Piece Locator.........................
Message 18 of 31 (7,710 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Oct 1, 2013

The PS3's CELL is a very strong piece of hardware and we have not and will not ever really see it's full potential as Sony had expected this to be the next big thing,that could make for some great homebrew later on.

The PS4 and every system after we will not see the graphical leaps like we have in the past but there will be more in game activity,quicker rendering,fps etc.,comparing the PS3 and PS4 is a silly argument.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 31 (7,699 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Oct 1, 2013

So everyone has a PS4 but me? Smiley Tongue

Seriously you can't play dozens of titles on the PS3 that are coming to the PS4. Get real people.

If you honestly can't tell the PS4 is better than the PS3. Well you just might be living in the clouds.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 20 of 31 (7,676 Views)