Nov 23 2013
By: AgentKimiKat First Son 9 posts

PS4 how to block or report abusive players?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 26685 views Edited Apr 1, 2014

While playing a multiplayer game tonnight I realized that I do not know how to block other gamers. I've been looking online to try and figure it out and I'm stumped so I thought I would just ask.

1. How do I block a player?
2. How do I report an offensive player?

3. If these options are not possible does anyone know whom I can contact at Sony I have been verbally, sexually, religiously and racistly harassed by other users on this console and since I've only been using it a few days I find the fact that I canot figure out how to report this with the PS4 UI very frustrating.

Does Sony actively tolerate verbal harassment? Xbox is very strict on it and I've been playing Xbox for most of my multiplayer games so I'm not firmiliar with Sony policy regarding this sort of abuse.

Mod Edit: Add label. Click here for more information on labels

Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 11 (26,685 Views)
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Re: PS4 how to block or report abusive players?

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

You can highlight their name on the PS3 or PS4 and select "add to block list".

For reporting, you can select a users message or user and press "Grief Report".

No, sony does not tolerate any form of harrassment. If it is happening, report it and block the player.

I hope this helped you. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11 (26,675 Views)
Lombax Warrior
236 posts

Nov 23, 2013

yea xbox is great at the whole multiplayer concept

you can mute a single person pretty easily using XBOX LIVE and NOT the in-game interface

i had one guy who would babble on and on about gibberish in BF4 and tried to mute the guy but coudn't do it

day later i was experimenting in the BF4 menu and saw an option to disable voice chat altogether.

but i didnt want to mute the WHOLE chat

just wanted to mute 1 guy

anyways, if anyone knows how to mute a specific player using SONY interface and not the game, (COD does a good job at it though), let me know

Message 3 of 11 (26,660 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Take it like a man.

Message 4 of 11 (26,635 Views)
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2013

ccrogers15 wrote:

You can highlight their name on the PS3 or PS4 and select "add to block list".

For reporting, you can select a users message or user and press "Grief Report".

No, sony does not tolerate any form of harrassment. If it is happening, report it and block the player.

I hope this helped you. Smiley Happy

I saw none of these options at all in the menues for the PS4. I wish I had because I definately would have done these things. Can you walk me through how to do this?

1. How do you find the names of people you have played with. The obvious menu to me should be the PS4 menu Friends -> Players Met. However according to this menu I have met no players which is nonsense I've been playing online for days.

2. How can I report someone if I cannot figure out who the heck they are? Is this Players Met menu list supposed to have players and it just doesn't?

I am just amazed at how bad the PS4 is for online gaming features. Xbox literally tried to hand them the "Console war trophy" and they have done nothing but try and hand it back! This is just sad.

Message 5 of 11 (26,621 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Nov 23, 2013

That's nice. Now are you going to sit here and keep promoting Xbox's online service or try to get a resolution to this problem?

If it still says you haven't met any player recently over an online lobby, then let Sony know of this bug.

When it does start working for you, you should be able to report them by clicking the option.

Message 6 of 11 (26,607 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Nov 23, 2013

EternalDarkRealm wrote:

Take it like a man.

wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 11 (26,598 Views)
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Comparing features is promoting xbox? **bleep**?

It's actually pretty easy to mute and report people on PS4, which comes in handy considering how many complete idiots I've had to listen to this past week.  I miss the days when PSN users rarely used mics.

Message 8 of 11 (26,597 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 1, 2014
I need to block someone on friend list, have seen it in game, but not from friend list !
Message 9 of 11 (25,024 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

Found it! He wasn't on friend list there lay the problem! So friend menu! Add name on find player on psn! click on it wen it comes up! Bottom left with under send friend request... Options and block ! Easy wen u know how Smiley Wink x

Hello

Problem solved, old thread = closing now Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11 (25,022 Views)