Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: PS4: enough for everyone?

Aug 26, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

I think you will have a very hard time getting one on launvh day unless you do a pre-order. If you really want the system at launch don't take a chance. Go to Walmart and put 10% down and that will secure your PS4. I have heard many times that extra Dual Shock 4's will be in short supply so I would also suggest adding one of those to you pre-order as well.

Some people seem to have something against preordering. I wonder sometimes if they really have any idea what Gamestop's full preorder policy is, which if you ask me is far better than Walmart or Best Buy.

I think anyone who thinks they'll be able to get one on launch day without a preorder very easily at all is seriously out of their bloody minds. It MIGHT be possible, but it will be nigh impossible. It will be like trying to find a cat hair in a haystack.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 11 of 24 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

The possibility of being able to buy a PS4 from the store on or a little after the launch date, is going to SERIOUSLY depend on where you live.....

There is always a chance that there might be one or two PS4's sitting on a shelf, but chances are even they won't be there for long.....

My recommendation.... get a pre-order NOW and slowly pay it off when you afford to put down another $20 or $50 every other week. You'll have it paid off WELL before the PS4's launch and you might even have some money saved up to buy some extra games and even accessories and such.

Don't procrastinate if you want a PS4.... this wouldn't be the first time a Playstation console has been sold out for weeks.

The last thing you want to do is overpay because someone is scalping and you want one but can't find one at a store.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 24 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Aug 27, 2013

I have my money allready for both of the new systems.  The cost isn't an issue.  I don't want to pre-order because I don't know if things are going to change.  

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 13 of 24 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Aug 27, 2013

ya...there will be plenty. but if your wanting a day 1 launch buy you should preorder. stores will hold inventory if they get low and they have alot of preorders. (theory, im no manager i dont know for sure.) but logic goes those who preorder get one, those who dont roll the dice.

you will still get one easy enough. i doubt this will be a wii fiasco(sp). but you might be a day or two late to the party.

i'll be waiting myself. probably a little while. im expecting a special bundle to come out not to long after the launch. some shadows fall special edition ps4 package. or whatever game, just a bundle. last time, with the ps3 i bought mine, a couple years after release. and a month or so later a bundle came out. i wasnt to happy. so this time, bundleis when im buying.

""putting my portable id here via moblie device is not as simple as i thought copy/paste function doesnt want to copy it right, oh well""
Message 14 of 24 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3683 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

Amnalehu wrote:

I think you will have a very hard time getting one on launvh day unless you do a pre-order. If you really want the system at launch don't take a chance. Go to Walmart and put 10% down and that will secure your PS4. I have heard many times that extra Dual Shock 4's will be in short supply so I would also suggest adding one of those to you pre-order as well.

Some people seem to have something against preordering. I wonder sometimes if they really have any idea what Gamestop's full preorder policy is, which if you ask me is far better than Walmart or Best Buy.

I think anyone who thinks they'll be able to get one on launch day without a preorder very easily at all is seriously out of their bloody minds. It MIGHT be possible, but it will be nigh impossible. It will be like trying to find a cat hair in a haystack.

how does the gamestop pre-order policy differ from the walmart policy?

Message 15 of 24 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Aug 27, 2013
You should really preorder it since there will be none at launch day, I assure you of that.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 16 of 24 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 27, 2013
Short answer: No
Long answer: Noooo

These are going to be the biggest console launches ever!
Message 17 of 24 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Aug 27, 2013
GOOD LUCK to you my friend, i remember ps3 was so rare around the holdiays, if you didn't pre-order you were pretty much out of luck.
Message 18 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11830 posts

Aug 27, 2013
It's quite possible stores will only get enough to fill most of the preorders, and some stores might not get enough to fill all preorders...

With GameStop they go by the order of who preordered first, for example since I was the first who put down a preorder for the ps4 I m guaranteed a unit on day one and I would be given 48 hours to pick it up before they will sell it to someone else in the list. However if I were to be the 26th person who preordered a ps4 and they only received 25 units then I will have to wait till the next shipment or for 48 hours in case someone didn't pick up their unit in the time given to them.
>

Message 19 of 24 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Aug 27, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

I have my money allready for both of the new systems.  The cost isn't an issue.  I don't want to pre-order because I don't know if things are going to change.  

You can always cancel pre orders.........

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan.
Message 20 of 24 (71 Views)
0 Likes