PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: PS4 could operate like the Wii U?

Nov 22, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
For the PS4, I definitely do imagine that a touchscreen would be implanted in the Dual Shock 4 design, but it has to be done in a cost effective way retailing for about $80...
80$ thats  way to high..  65$ would be about right. if not 60$

I agree it is high, but since it incorporates a touchscreen I would expect it to cost more, but it certainly won't cost as much as a second WiiU gamepad which costs ~$174 in Japan.
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3328510/second-wii-u-gamepad-wont-be-supported-or-priced-at-...

Perhaps like the WiiU, there will be a cheaper option, a basic gamepad without a touch screen, sold as an alternative.

In the meantime I think with further cost reductions over the next year, Sony could easily sell a PS3/Vita combo pack for $300, to compete directly with the WiiU...

Message 11 of 29 (77 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 22, 2012

TeAshimaDeVa wrote:

Don't really care how it operates, but IMO they should make the games strictly digital download. F this blu ray **bleep**

Eventually this market is destined to go digital only, but for now the retail option is still quite viable. I'm just glad that the PS store has evolved to better supply digital versions of games at the same time as the retail ones... 

Message 12 of 29 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6939 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
For the PS4, I definitely do imagine that a touchscreen would be implanted in the Dual Shock 4 design, but it has to be done in a cost effective way retailing for about $80...

I agree it is high, but since it incorporates a touchscreen I would expect it to cost more, but it certainly won't cost as much as a second WiiU gamepad which costs ~$174 in Japan.
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3328510/second-wii-u-gamepad-wont-be-supported-or-priced-at-...

Perhaps like the WiiU, there will be a cheaper option, a basic gamepad without a touch screen, sold as an alternative.

In the meantime I think with further cost reductions over the next year, Sony could easily sell a PS3/Vita combo pack for $300, to compete directly with the WiiU...

Your last sentenced is rumored what they are going to do . remember ps3 has a 15 yr plan. It would be  cost effective thing to do.   From my stand  since both are already out

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 13 of 29 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Nov 22, 2012

Yea, I like the digitals, where I live, ee don't really get much selection for gamws, I have to drive nearly 50 miles to get most games. We only have a small Wal-Mart with limited selection so it helps me a lot

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 14 of 29 (67 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28812 posts

Nov 22, 2012

TeAshimaDeVa wrote:

Yea, I like the digitals, where I live, ee don't really get much selection for gamws, I have to drive nearly 50 miles to get most games. We only have a small Wal-Mart with limited selection so it helps me a lot

How ironic that many decry attempts to put a drag on used game sales, yet they embrace digital downloads that will effectively KILL used games all together. 

You do know that there's a service called the United States Postal Service that will deliver to your front door, don't you? Many outlets will even offer FREE shipping on orders over $25. And that for all the alleged conveniece for digital game sales, you can save more money by buying a disc and comparision shopping. 

Message 15 of 29 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
405 posts

Nov 22, 2012

lol yes I know that, but sometimes I want it when I want it. 

~REVOLUTION_IS_MY_NAME~
Message 16 of 29 (63 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28812 posts

Nov 22, 2012

TeAshimaDeVa wrote:

lol yes I know that, but sometimes I want it when I want it. 

If you pre-order a game, it will usually arrive by launch day, and whatever the "conveniece" that digital downloads may give you, it's no substitute for saving $20-$30. The compeittion of the "free market" has it's own rewards. 

Message 17 of 29 (61 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 22, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Your last sentenced is rumored what they are going to do . remember ps3 has a 15 yr plan. It would be  cost effective thing to do.   From my stand  since both are already out

The plan is for 10 years, I doubt that the PS3 will still be sold actively in stores in the year 2021...

Message 18 of 29 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6939 posts

Nov 22, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

TeAshimaDeVa wrote:

How ironic that many decry attempts to put a drag on used game sales, yet they embrace digital downloads that will effectively KILL used games all together. 

You do know that there's a service called the United States Postal Service that will deliver to your front door, don't you? Many outlets will even offer FREE shipping on orders over $25. And that for all the alleged conveniece for digital game sales, you can save more money by buying a disc and comparision shopping. 

It wouldnt matter how  he it bought it,  as long he is buying. Your crying over used games sales. 

I understand cost but same time the  guy is buying new, why hassle him about  it, why go throught trouble of package insurance and etc. maybe he dont want to do that?  maybe he having friends over at 8pm.  The post man wont be there at that time that night.

If  he wants to do digital buys let  him  dont demean the  man about it.  Let people have fun they  way they like..

I really dont care to buy used games, becuase i can get the same new  at 20$ the next year.  Everything new is going cost more regardless of what it is

Mcbuttz78

Message 19 of 29 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6939 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

The plan is for 10 years, I doubt that the PS3 will still be sold actively in stores in the year 2021...

It will  be , nothing can stop the used market for products being sold. If the  65 shelby corba  is still being sold at auctions and  car lots  then a ps3 will be in  gaming stores used  or new. It will be around becuase ps2 is still around in  store being sld. You    can  stillt oday order a brand new  atari  machine from a atari for the  right price. Smiley Happy

I say  15 years becuase nothing in buisness really end on the date you set it regardless becuase revenue  doenst come in all the same time it flow over the years.. You have end it when it at it lowest never it highest Smiley Happy.  Ps3 is its  6-7th year  to say 3 more  yrs it will go dry in profit  is a  bit silly,  this era(mark)  right now ps3 is at it highest.  I will  say around 2017 ps3 will be around low number of qaulity out put for market setting maybe . But  people will still be playing it  . Becuase gamer where playing ps2 online for 11 + years, alot still play ps2 today.

Ps3 is more social than  the ps2..  I wills say with 100% certainity alot will be playing, and places will be selling it.   And btw 2015 would be 15 yrs mr dophlin not 2021. happy thank giving  to you

Mcbuttz78

Message 20 of 29 (43 Views)
0 Likes