First Son
13 posts

Re: PS4 could operate like the Wii U?

Nov 22, 2012
I thought it would feature virtual reality style gameplay.
Message 21 of 29 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7025 posts

Nov 23, 2012

urbanned123 wrote:

Ps3 does that now.  what do call them card that come with ps vita remember the name of what augment or something. Im hearing they c an do that without the cards..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 29 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 23, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
For the PS4, I definitely do imagine that a touchscreen would be implanted in the Dual Shock 4 design, but it has to be done in a cost effective way retailing for about $80...
80$ thats  way to high..  65$ would be about right. if not 60$

I agree it is high, but since it incorporates a touchscreen I would expect it to cost more, but it certainly won't cost as much as a second WiiU gamepad which costs ~$174 in Japan.
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3328510/second-wii-u-gamepad-wont-be-supported-or-priced-at-...

Perhaps like the WiiU, there will be a cheaper option, a basic gamepad without a touch screen, sold as an alternative.

In the meantime I think with further cost reductions over the next year, Sony could easily sell a PS3/Vita combo pack for $300, to compete directly with the WiiU...

Your last sentenced is rumored what they are going to do . remember ps3 has a 15 yr plan. It would be  cost effective thing to do.   From my stand  since both are already out

The plan is for 10 years, I doubt that the PS3 will still be sold actively in stores in the year 2021...

It will  be , nothing can stop the used market for products being sold. If the  65 shelby corba  is still being sold at auctions and  car lots  then a ps3 will be in  gaming stores used  or new. It will be around becuase ps2 is still around in  store being sld. You    can  stillt oday order a brand new  atari  machine from a atari for the  right price. Smiley Happy

I say  15 years becuase nothing in buisness really end on the date you set it regardless becuase revenue  doenst come in all the same time it flow over the years.. You have end it when it at it lowest never it highest Smiley Happy.  Ps3 is its  6-7th year  to say 3 more  yrs it will go dry in profit  is a  bit silly,  this era(mark)  right now ps3 is at it highest.  I will  say around 2017 ps3 will be around low number of qaulity out put for market setting maybe . But  people will still be playing it  . Becuase gamer where playing ps2 online for 11 + years, alot still play ps2 today.

Ps3 is more social than  the ps2..  I wills say with 100% certainity alot will be playing, and places will be selling it.   And btw 2015 would be 15 yrs mr dophlin not 2021. happy thank giving  to you

I am talking strictly how long retail outlets will actively sell new PS3 products. From what I saw the PS1 was sold barely past the 10 year mark. The PS2 has lasted at least 12 years. The PS3 I believe will be actively sold at least through 2016, maybe as long as 2018 but not much longer than that.

The PS3 was released in the USA and Japan in 2006, so 2006 plus 15  years would equal 2021...

Message 23 of 29 (53 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 23, 2012

urbanned123 wrote:

The next Xbox is rumored to support augmented reality glasses, like Google Glass, I would suspect that Sony may develop a similar device...

Message 24 of 29 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7025 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
For the PS4, I definitely do imagine that a touchscreen would be implanted in the Dual Shock 4 design, but it has to be done in a cost effective way retailing for about $80...

I agree it is high, but since it incorporates a touchscreen I would expect it to cost more, but it certainly won't cost as much as a second WiiU gamepad which costs ~$174 in Japan.
http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/13/3328510/second-wii-u-gamepad-wont-be-supported-or-priced-at-...

Perhaps like the WiiU, there will be a cheaper option, a basic gamepad without a touch screen, sold as an alternative.

In the meantime I think with further cost reductions over the next year, Sony could easily sell a PS3/Vita combo pack for $300, to compete directly with the WiiU...

Your last sentenced is rumored what they are going to do . remember ps3 has a 15 yr plan. It would be  cost effective thing to do.   From my stand  since both are already out

The plan is for 10 years, I doubt that the PS3 will still be sold actively in stores in the year 2021...

It will  be , nothing can stop the used market for products being sold. If the  65 shelby corba  is still being sold at auctions and  car lots  then a ps3 will be in  gaming stores used  or new. It will be around becuase ps2 is still around in  store being sld. You    can  stillt oday order a brand new  atari  machine from a atari for the  right price. Smiley Happy

I say  15 years becuase nothing in buisness really end on the date you set it regardless becuase revenue  doenst come in all the same time it flow over the years.. You have end it when it at it lowest never it highest Smiley Happy.  Ps3 is its  6-7th year  to say 3 more  yrs it will go dry in profit  is a  bit silly,  this era(mark)  right now ps3 is at it highest.  I will  say around 2017 ps3 will be around low number of qaulity out put for market setting maybe . But  people will still be playing it  . Becuase gamer where playing ps2 online for 11 + years, alot still play ps2 today.

Ps3 is more social than  the ps2..  I wills say with 100% certainity alot will be playing, and places will be selling it.   And btw 2015 would be 15 yrs mr dophlin not 2021. happy thank giving  to you

I am talking strictly how long retail outlets will actively sell new PS3 products. From what I saw the PS1 was sold barely past the 10 year mark. The PS2 has lasted at least 12 years. The PS3 I believe will be actively sold at least through 2016, maybe as long as 2018 but not much longer than that.

The PS3 was released in the USA and Japan in 2006, so 2006 plus 15  years would equal 2021...

it was made in 2005  released 2006 didnt come to someplaces till 2007/08. You have to keep that is considerration. In buisness you dont always  count the  the start up years which  would be the 1st 3 yrs.  Its just the rookie  qb in the nfl  his  first couple of years,  the training years is the 1st 3-5, it rare that would get  good qb out the gate that you dont need to improve to  profit. Same as  for buisness/ products if   it can survive those years and look good then you have a good salemanship to make a plan.  So when they say they have 15 year plan  2015-2017 would be where they are  talking about, maybe nt 2020 lol.    You also have to  remembtr every product  is made  on paper 1st which are  counted as the start up years.

I dont know if the the truth for software/hardware but i know it true or a company.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 25 of 29 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Nov 23, 2012

TeAshimaDeVa wrote:

Don't really care how it operates, but IMO they should make the games strictly digital download. F this blu ray **bleep**

Why strictly digital? If everything could have both a physical version and digital version, then why isn't that good enough? If I had to download every physical game that I had on my consoles, I don't know what I would do. Only a couple of my physical games install on the hard drive, and out of about 500GB, I have 125 GB left. I would have run out of space long ago. That **bleep** doesn't make any sense to me. And I don't even want to get into what would happen if you had a digital only game, and your system broke after the store stopped supporting that console. Could you buy another of the same console? Sure, but how are you going to get another copy of the game? Turn to the second-hand market? Nope, how the hell would you do that? I try to avoid buying digital games for this very reason.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 26 of 29 (42 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2012

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

it was made in 2005  released 2006 didnt come to someplaces till 2007/08. You have to keep that is considerration. In buisness you dont always  count the  the start up years which  would be the 1st 3 yrs.  Its just the rookie  qb in the nfl  his  first couple of years,  the training years is the 1st 3-5, it rare that would get  good qb out the gate that you dont need to improve to  profit. Same as  for buisness/ products if   it can survive those years and look good then you have a good salemanship to make a plan.  So when they say they have 15 year plan  2015-2017 would be where they are  talking about, maybe nt 2020 lol.    You also have to  remembtr every product  is made  on paper 1st which are  counted as the start up years.

I dont know if the the truth for software/hardware but i know it true or a company.

Sony has repeatedly stated that their products will have at least a 10 year lifecycle, including the first few years a console is on the market, and I don't see that the PS3 will be any different. You seem to be making this far more confusing by incorporating the development time to design a console. I am strictly talking about the lifecycle of when a console is introduced into the market and when it exits the market, and Sony has averaged 10 years in that regard.

Other countries that get PS products after the North American, European, and Japaneese markets, IMO are secondary markets that have little impact on a console's lifecycle. They are just additional markets where Sony can sell their products when the technology gets cheaper to make. For example the PS2 is apparently still selling quite well in South America, but that hasn't lengthened its lifespan in the US...

Message 27 of 29 (40 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Nov 24, 2012

its not just a thought, its the revolution in gaming

Message 28 of 29 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
51 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Coudl operate as the wii u?I hope not,everything to look or act as everything related to Nintendo is going to stink bad as the  crappy wiiu.

Message 29 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes