Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: PS4 backwards compatibility or rendering equivalent..

Apr 17, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Fine, go watch a video of someone who has the YLOD and just get it from there XD

I have no idea what this "supporting hardware" is, but from the way they talk about it, it's outdated, discontinued tech.

Sounds good! Smiley Happy

True, it probably is outdated hardware. lol

Message 21 of 25 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 17, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:
(I need the second ps3 because the new store will not allow my main ps3 store acees)

I think I know why.

All PS3s running on legit firmware can access the store, only hacked ones lose store access.

So I wasnt supposed to even hack my own console anymore!?!?!?!?!

Whose console should I hack then?  Not like I have an option to not hack do I?  I thought not.

Besides the people on the interwebs wont think I'm good at games If i dont hack every game I play and make myself win!

Its only then they will see my sad, sad real life shining through the void of my interwebs gaming fame.

So yeah, what was your PSn password again?

No. You're not.

Just because a feature you want isn't there  doesn't mean you have to hack your console. And if said hacking causes you to need an extra PS3, then it's not Sony's fault that your setup is "cluttered".

Which means you have no valid point to complain.

I'm sorry the question was what is your PSn password again?

And LOL that you cant tell I'm kidding.

The only thing stopping me from accessing the store is the store, not my ps3.  Know how I know?

Cause I have a total of 4 PS3's now, 2 can access the store, 2 connot access the store.  I had no problems with the store before the "New Store" update.

I dont hack anything, I'm more of a hardware guy then software.  I would not know how to even do it, and would be too scared to ruin my precious.

The stupid part is the two that can access the store are an original 60GB ps3 which I intend only to use for PS2 games to extend its live, and a 250Gb slim which the disc slot is messed up and will not accept any discs.(Still on warrenty so going to see if i cant get that fixed pretty soon here.)

So I'm going to leave the 60GB and my main PS3(a 320GB uncharted bundle) in my entertainment stand, but they both use the same controllers at least.  This is how I get BC today, so for the next trick I will pull a PS4 outta my hat and see if it fits in there somewhere and see if i cant find some way to make all the cables, controllers, adapters, accessories fit in there still, LOL.

Then Start building a new library of games from scratch.  Thats the big deal here.  Intial PS4 cost likely around the $500 mark, new controllers?  At least as much as current ones so an extra $60 to own a console with 2p support.  Then we need some games to play, again at least as much as curent so $60 each here, lets say there are 2-3 decent launch games for each person on average.

Thats about $740 as a realistic estimate of a minimum initial purchase here and then only have 3 games to play!!

My PS3 cost me about $880 with warrenty but with only buying 1 game I had enough games to play for a long time, all shiney and new upconverted.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 22 of 25 (137 Views)
Platinum
55190 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Philly I'll just let you speak for me, man that post really sounds familiar (as in reminds me of myself)

Message 23 of 25 (133 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Fine, go watch a video of someone who has the YLOD and just get it from there XD

I have no idea what this "supporting hardware" is, but from the way they talk about it, it's outdated, discontinued tech.

It would probably be the XDR RAM.

RAMBUS, the makers of XDR, is just a hollow shell of it's former self. High licensing costs made everyone favor the cheaper DDR series and RAMBUS is only infamous for Patent Trolling: They just hoard patents and sues anyone and everyone just to keep themselves afloat.

Message 24 of 25 (111 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Icestar10 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

It would probably be the XDR RAM.

RAMBUS, the makers of XDR, is just a hollow shell of it's former self. High licensing costs made everyone favor the cheaper DDR series and RAMBUS is only infamous for Patent Trolling: They just hoard patents and sues anyone and everyone just to keep themselves afloat.

That's very interesting! lol 

Message 25 of 25 (100 Views)
0 Likes