Apr 10 2013
By: Carrissis First Son 26 posts

PS4 and Ustream accounts.

6 replies 136 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

My question is this. WIll we need to create a Ustream account to use the streaming feature with the PS4. If you do can you make an account now and then link it later. Or will this have to be an account just for the PS4 system. I have not found anything information on this.

Message 1 of 7 (136 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14040 posts

Re: PS4 and Ustream accounts.

Apr 10, 2013

Carrissis wrote:

My question is this. WIll we need to create a Ustream account to use the streaming feature with the PS4. If you do can you make an account now and then link it later. Or will this have to be an account just for the PS4 system. I have not found anything information on this.

That's because there is none available.  The PS4 is still months away from launch, and that's without any delays.  The specs of the unit are not even available, much less everything else surrounding the functionality of the unit.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 7 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 10, 2013
i can't see why yould need to make 2 accounts it would make sense to just have one
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 10, 2013

why not wait until E3 or Sony's launch and wait for reviews?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 7 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1243 posts

Apr 11, 2013
I hope they will allow us to chose a streaming service other than Ustream, I use Twitch.tv and would prefer to stream there.

If not then ill probably not stream using the PS4's share function and just rout it through my PC like i do now with the PS3...

Which i think defeats the purpose of having console hardware based streaming to begin with...

Message 5 of 7 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
19919 posts

Apr 11, 2013
There is currently no information about what we will need to stream what our PS4s are displaying, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to choose from a list of well known streaming services. It would be nice to not be limited in choices.
Message 6 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 11, 2013

WoolySpud wrote:
I hope they will allow us to chose a streaming service other than Ustream, I use Twitch.tv and would prefer to stream there.

If not then ill probably not stream using the PS4's share function and just rout it through my PC like i do now with the PS3...

Which i think defeats the purpose of having console hardware based streaming to begin with...

Yea... not everyone thinks the same way you do. Its a good thing that we can choose to use it or not.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 7 of 7 (76 Views)
0 Likes