Apr 05 2013
By: Fattieman First Son 29 posts

PS4 & Older Games

6 replies 124 views Edited Apr 5, 2013

To start off, I want to establish myself that the PS1 was my first home console & I loved it immensely. I upgraded to the PS2 in the next generation, and that became my only console for that generation.

When the Xbox 360/PS3 generation came around, I was enticed by the graphical prowess of Gears of War, the fact most of my highschool schoolmates had an Xbox 360, and it was cheaper than the $600 PS3, were all factors that made the 360 my primary console this generation.

HOWEVER, upcoming news/rumors for Microsoft's next effort doesnt seem promising.

So I will be likely be building my own PC as well as looking into possibly purchasing a PS3.

I watched the PS4 event live online, and I know that the PS4 won't natively support PS3 discs. However, they didn't mention if it would play digital versions of PS3 titles.

The Last of Us looks really intriguing, and I have YET to use my PSN (SEN) profile online yet, so I was wondering if you guys/gals think this would be something available at launch?

It would make sense in my mind, as launch lineups arent very big, and this would give newcomers like myself more titles to play with (pun intended).

Xbox Live GT: Lord Fattieman
Steam ID: Fattieman
Message 1 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: PS4 & Older Games

Apr 5, 2013
I would love to jump on the nextbox hate bandwagon, but I would rather be able to hate and be justified. With that in mind, I'm waiting until there is concrete evidence before laughing in the faces of anyone.
Message 2 of 7 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
14446 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

There has been talk about PS3 games being available digitally through a cloud service, run by Gaikai.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 3 of 7 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Why not just keep your PS3 if you want to play PS3 games?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 7 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Apr 5, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

There has been talk about PS3 games being available digitally through a cloud service, run by Gaikai.

but sony hasn't announced when it will be available. its just something they are working on.

Message 5 of 7 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20176 posts

Apr 5, 2013
The closest thing we have to any real shred of evidence is the Gaikai service, which will allow us to stream games right to our PS4s.

However, if you want to play PS3 games without worry with the PS4 out, you could always just keep/purchase a PS3, since it's still relevant technology and still being supported. I highly doubt that PS3 support will simply just drop once the PS4 is released.
Message 6 of 7 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1670 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
The closest thing we have to any real shred of evidence is the Gaikai service, which will allow us to stream games right to our PS4s.

However, if you want to play PS3 games without worry with the PS4 out, you could always just keep/purchase a PS3, since it's still relevant technology and still being supported. I highly doubt that PS3 support will simply just drop once the PS4 is released.

It wont based off of watch dogs and battlefield 4, since they are releasing on current and next-gen.

Message 7 of 7 (64 Views)
0 Likes