May 11 2012
By: Favreorite First Son 11 posts

PS4 - Will Sony Learn From Past Mistakes; Will They Stick with or Abandon New Hardware Devices (Like PS Move) ?

2 replies 268 views Edited May 11, 2012

I'm using my PS3 for the web a lot lately because my laptop has some problems right now. I'm sure most PS3 owners can agree their browser ummh, what's the word I'm looking for...sucks?...Yea, that's it. SUCKS!  Is Sony gonna start taking the PlayStation's problems seriously and with more urgency? Like the browser? Like the way "fat" PS3 owners were basically forced to do a system update that killed off Linux? Even if most gamers didn't care about Linux and don't seemed too bothered about a browser that has made marginal improvement over the years. Who's getting complacent here? When some things don't work out too well for Sony they seem to sort of just slowly back away from them. I'm betting that's how it will be with the Move, if they haven't already conceded after seeing the success of Kinect and it's more promising tech for the future.

I'm not a fan of M$, but I've always liked most Sony gear, especially PlayStation. It was a close-call,they almost crashed and burned. It took a couple years, but Sony kept at it and competing, and got the PS3 turned around. I want the PS4 to avoid mistakes like the PS3 made and be about what us gamers want and what makes sense. It also needs to be far easier for developers to work with than the PS3. I hope it's killer and can't wait for e3 in June.

Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
38743 posts

Re: PS4 - Will Sony Learn From Past Mistakes; Will They Stick with or Abandon New Hardware Devices (Like PS Move) ?

May 11, 2012

No system is ever going to be perfect, does the PS3's browser suck?, yes, did the removal of Linux bother me?, not one jot, the PS4, when it's released, will be a great machine, will everyone be happy with it when the spec's are announced?, no, that's life.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 2 of 3 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: PS4 - Will Sony Learn From Past Mistakes; Will They Stick with or Abandon New Hardware Devices (Like PS Move) ?

May 11, 2012

Favreorite wrote:

I'm betting that's how it will be with the Move, if they haven't already conceded after seeing the success of Kinect and it's more promising tech for the future.

???? i have move- and have also used kinnect --- move is 1/1 = you can play online shooters with it-- and look at killzone 3-- the move guys kick ass-- because the move is 1/1. kinnect dosent have that (yet). sorry i know kinda off topic, but thought i wopuld defend the move

Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)
0 Likes