Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
MVP Support
12250 posts

Re: PS4/Vita remote play performance? Tips?

Apr 8, 2014

Evan297 wrote:
I know there is probably a good reason that the thumbsticks can't be clickable, and that there isn't a r2/l2. If there was though, the Vita would be pretty well perfect IMO. Especially with being able to use the screen as the touchpad.

The thumbsticks being clickable would probably just increase the chance of them breaking (and they already feel pretty flimsy honestly)

And L2/R2 = more thickness to the system.

But anyway, I don't use remote play, because I can't get it to work anywhere but home, and i don't need it at home because I use my own personal TV.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 15 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2013 posts

Apr 8, 2014
That was kind of what I figured. If something goes wrong with the thumb sticks on the Vita, it would be a lot more expensive to fix or replace than a controller.

The added thickness with the r2/l2 buttons could pose problems for some. I wouldn't mind it, but I know I'm probably a minority with that feeling.

What problem are you having connecting outside your home? My internet isn't very fast, but at my sisters house I was able to use remote play. She has fast internet and I had to sit close to her router though.
Message 12 of 15 (233 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8301 posts

Apr 8, 2014

I have successfully used remote play via 4G LTE (iPhone 5S) wifi tether, with little lag.  Of course, this was playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (single player), Knack and inFamous: Second Son.  I have not yet tried any type of first person shooter, but I'm pretty sure it would be awkward and difficult, considering the lack of buttons, moreso than the lag created by my LTE connection (actually better than 30ms from most locations).

RP via LTE has actually outperformed most public wifi connections by quite a large margin.  However, the RP connection is very, very data-cap unfriendly, as it uses about 500-600MB per hour.

As for public wifi connections, McDonald's AT&T wifi connection is only in the 1.5MBps range with latency around 150ms; Starbuck's AT&T connection is slightly better, though still a bit lacking.  If you are lucky enough to find yourself in a Starbucks that has switched over to Google Wifi, you will have pretty good success (this connection is generally 35+MBps/20ms or better ping).

Message 13 of 15 (231 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12250 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Evan297 wrote:
That was kind of what I figured. If something goes wrong with the thumb sticks on the Vita, it would be a lot more expensive to fix or replace than a controller.

The added thickness with the r2/l2 buttons could pose problems for some. I wouldn't mind it, but I know I'm probably a minority with that feeling.

What problem are you having connecting outside your home? My internet isn't very fast, but at my sisters house I was able to use remote play. She has fast internet and I had to sit close to her router though.

No idea. I DMZed my PS4, uPnP and all that stuff.

No dice. I have a 2WIRE router, and I saw that a lot of people in the Support section have had no luck with this kind of router.

But I even tried using my other router (Linksys), and it also never connected. My Vita would say "Searching for PS4 through the internet", and then nothing.

Not like it matters too much to me, but it would be cool if it worked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 15 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2013 posts

Apr 8, 2014
@glaciusx25

That's unfortunate. Before I even tried it I saw how many people were having problems with it on the forums. I guess I was just one of the lucky ones. Hopefully soon there will be a fix for it in the updates.
Message 15 of 15 (223 Views)
0 Likes