Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Re: PS4 Update 1.60 out TONIGHT

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2014

No device will survive todays market being a gaming device only. p4 has netflix, browser, hulu, hbo go coming for a reason...it  is not just a gaming device,and when you laucnh a  new device it should be betetr then the old one. It's way worse, it's gimped.

Message 71 of 347 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2014
@mastorofpuppetz

So does that mean you are willing to help Sony by paying for the millions of copies of games such of The Last of Us that wouldn't have sold by releasing them on the PS4 instead of the PS3?

Launches are generally about multiplatform games since its the only way AA's and AAA's make money so early in a generation.
Message 72 of 347 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Feb 3, 2014
And actually a gaming device only or at least primarily certainly can survive. Media devices are over saturating the market. I own 6 devices that can play Netflix, Hulu, etc. One thing they can't do though is high quality gaming if they can play games at all. Looking at the sales numbers and demand of the PS4, its doing more than just surviving. Its dominating.
Message 73 of 347 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah I dont even care if my ps4 does those other things. Cause everything else that I own even down to my phone can do those things.

Then again my entertainment setup uses 2 TVs, one strictly for gaming and the other for tv, Netflix, etc so I cant reallt speak for anyone but myself.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 74 of 347 (291 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Feb 3, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

No device will survive todays market being a gaming device only. p4 has netflix, browser, hulu, hbo go coming for a reason...it  is not just a gaming device,and when you laucnh a  new device it should be betetr then the old one. It's way worse, it's gimped.

You own a PS3, just use that.

It's not like you have to have EVERYTHING on one device.

I don't complain that my toaster doesn't butter my toast while it's toasting, because I have a butter knife+tub of butter I use for that.

The PS4 doesn't have to be some sort of universal console.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 75 of 347 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 3, 2014

The toaster analogy is terrible and a typical strawman....................the ps4 plays movies now, has a browser, ps3 had all these modern features ps4 is a BIG step back. In the lomng run once the hardcore adopted dry up it wont sell unless it is up to 2014 standard.

You should not need to sue 3-4 devices to do with ps4 what ps3 could do by itlsef.......That makes the ps4 terrible value.

Message 76 of 347 (280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Feb 3, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

The toaster analogy is terrible and a typical strawman....................the ps4 plays movies now, has a browser, ps3 had all these modern features ps4 is a BIG step back. In the lomng run once the hardcore adopted dry up it wont sell unless it is up to 2014 standard.

You should not need to sue 3-4 devices to do with ps4 what ps3 could do by itlsef.......That makes the ps4 terrible value.

What 2014 standard?

Besides, what other console are console buyers going to buy? If they really cared about all those features, they would've bought a PC long ago.

The Xbox One is no better. And the Wii U is doing even worse.

And if the PS4 is such "terrible value", then why did you buy one? Most people who find things to be terrible value, typically don't buy those things.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 77 of 347 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2641 posts

Feb 3, 2014

What good mono wireless chat headset can I use with a PS4?  Personally I don't really like the big stereo headsets with big cups. 

Message 78 of 347 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Feb 3, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

XxsajinxX wrote:

if it was just for one headset and some bug issue then why would they put out a 1.60 update and not just 1.54. bug fixes would just be 1.54 and not 1.60. 1.60 should be huge

Not really.

Headset support is something a lot of people were waiting for.

They also only update by .01 increments, or to the nearest .10 or 1.00.

Yes but when you jump from something like 1.54 to the 1.6 It always has been a big upgrade. The 1.54 to 1.55 updates the .01 changes have been always tiny fixes to things but when it goes to the next number ie the 1.60 in this case. Generaly from PS3 updates have been decent too huge updates.

Message 79 of 347 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Murderstyle75 wrote:
And actually a gaming device only or at least primarily certainly can survive. Media devices are over saturating the market. I own 6 devices that can play Netflix, Hulu, etc. One thing they can't do though is high quality gaming if they can play games at all. Looking at the sales numbers and demand of the PS4, its doing more than just surviving. Its dominating.

Who wants to switch back and forth to different devices to perform different functions?

My PS3 is more in use than my PS4 because I can do Netflix, game (GTA V), and stream my movies and music when we have parties.

We had a party Saturday night and my buddy was like "Dude, why aren't you streaming the music to the PS4 instead of the PS3?" and I was like "Uhhhhh it doesn't do that.". He said "Then why dont you put it on a flash drive and play them?". I said, "Uhh it doesn't do that either, I'll plug in the PS4 later when everyone leaves and we'll play Ghosts."

Don't get me wrong, I love playing Ghosts and Knack on the PS4, its definitely a big improvement and the console itself is very powerful, but why take the step so far backwards? People that say "ughhh why did you even buy it if you knew it wasn't going to have this this and this uguhhh?". We bought it because there are a few good games worth playing and the general usablity is much better, but a complete package this is not, and clearly won't be for a very long time if it really takes 2 months to patch in support for a few headsets.

Message 80 of 347 (265 Views)
0 Likes