MVP Support
13578 posts

Re: PS4 Update 1.60 out TONIGHT

Feb 3, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Ur dumb, the ps3 added those things over time it did a lot mroe then ps2 did at launch, so the ps4 shoyld be able to do what ps3 did, it does a lot less. Your poast makes no sense. Media ability is pretty standardm, my phone can do mroe then my ps4.

You must have dyslexia if you type like that.

Also, learn to QUOTE, or at least put @username or else no one can tell who you reply to.

I already know your post is directed towards me.

And the PS3 did more than PS2 at launch because they were touting it as "It only does everything", and it was more multimedia device than gaming console.

PS4 is going back to basics with "Greatness Awaits". While it doesn't have as many features, the quality of the features it does have is better.

Again, all of these things were clearly laid out before the PS4 launch. Just because you were too lazy to cancel your pre-order and just ASSUMED that Sony would add them in short order, doesn't mean they have to meet YOUR standards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 51 of 347 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Feb 3, 2014
If you don't like what your ps4 does then that is your fault for buying it. A lot of people like it already without any updates, although, the update will hopefully make it even better along with future updates. Once again, if you don't like it, it is your fault for spending the money. If it was a gift, then be happy you have someone that cares enough about you to buy you something.
Message 52 of 347 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
490 posts

Re: About time!!!! Update 1.60 tonight!!!!

Feb 3, 2014

I hate to be the guy to complain but it needs to be said over and over. I'm incredibily disappointed that they haven't figured out the Bluetooth on PS4 for headsets. If you go to Settings>Devices, there is a 'Bluetooth' Devices catagory. In this menu, it shows that the DualShock 4s are Bluetooth devices. I don't understand why this generation of PS has taken a step back on wireless headsets. This new "Gold" headset needs a USB adapter to be "wireless" and can also be plugged in to the 3.5mm jack. If the PS4 supports Bluetooth and uses it for the DualShock 4 controllers, why can't they figure out how to implement it with headsets? They figured it out on the last generation.... I'm sorry, but I thought we were past the days where we need a bulky rectangle adapter sticking out of our shiney new (and designed to look sleek) consoles. I'm hoping this is still just an early release quick-fix kind of thing and that they plan to fully utilize the Bluetooth feature in the near future. Seems to be a waste to have Bluetooth supported in the machine but only use it for the controllers.

Message 53 of 347 (334 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Feb 3, 2014
Yes i do agree with you glaciusx25 but the way this company is sending out updates it seems to go by how large the update is and that is why i wrote that way
Message 54 of 347 (339 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: About time!!!! Update 1.60 tonight!!!!

Feb 3, 2014

Will it fix the HDMI issue that Sony has known about since the first PS4 was sold?

Message 55 of 347 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Do you folks really get excited about being able to use a headset?  I don't get it.  Are you talking about just something that allows you to chat with people if playing a game online?

Message 56 of 347 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Feb 3, 2014
Being able to chat with a headset that has no background noise. And hear the game crystal clear.
Message 57 of 347 (328 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13578 posts

Feb 3, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

Do you folks really get excited about being able to use a headset?  I don't get it.  Are you talking about just something that allows you to chat with people if playing a game online?

The headset isn't just used for chat.

It is also used for game audio.

This is useful for

1. People who play FPS games like COD, so you can hear enemy footsteps and know where they are.

2. The many people who don't have sound systems for their TV, and would rather have high quality audo via a headset

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 58 of 347 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 3, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

2. The many people who don't have sound systems for their TV, and would rather have high quality audo via a headset

So how does that work?  Would you need to plug the headset into the TV then?  Or is there a setting somewhere on the PS4 that changes game audio from going to through the TV to a headset plugged into the controller?

Message 59 of 347 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Feb 3, 2014
These are USB headset that you plug directly into your ps4.
Message 60 of 347 (308 Views)
0 Likes