I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Re: PS4 Update 1.60 out TONIGHT

Feb 3, 2014
This is it..... Is it going to support more Bluetooth headsets as well....??? We waited what..3 months for this? Just for an update to support one type of headset? #smh
Follow Me on Twitter Guys: @snakesayan

Get your Portable ID!
Message 21 of 347 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 3, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Kickflipper1087 wrote:

Two months for this update and it's only got headset support most likely...

Gotta be kidding me.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk.......

Can't think of a clearer example of this than with these kinds of responses.

You are the coolest person in this forum, I envy you, man. Like a rockstar and stuff.

I'm just saying, for people who don't need / want headsets, they're really not giving us much here.

Message 22 of 347 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Feb 3, 2014

snakesayan92 wrote:
This is it..... Is it going to support more Bluetooth headsets as well....??? We waited what..3 months for this? Just for an update to support one type of headset? #smh

Well the blog post is clearly to advertise the headset, with the update being mentioned in the same breath, to ensure people are aware of its necessity.

No update release notes yet, but, I'm willing to bet that this is the overal headset update many have been waiting for.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 23 of 347 (685 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3346 posts

Feb 3, 2014

DC_Camel wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

Hello PlayStation Nation! The next system software update for PlayStation 4 (version 1.60) will be available for download beginning late tonight, bringing support for the PULSE and PULSE – Elite Edition wireless stereo headsets to PS4. We know you’ve been patiently waiting for this update, which means PS4 owners will now be able to enjoy an enhanced gaming experience with 7.1 virtual surround sound and crystal clear voice chat with our official PlayStation headsets. PlayStation headsets are created for PlayStation gamers, by gamers – and designed to truly provide the audio that game developers intended. It’s truly how games were meant to sound.

LOLOLOLOL. 

Clearly they didn't meet this thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Where-s-the-PS4-System-Software-Update-So...

Seems the "insider" in that thread that everyone doubted actually had some real info.  It would be interesting if they were preparing a bigger patch with more features for the 22nd but due to threads like that they pushed the headset support early.

Eh. He was close, but still off by one day since he predicted 2/4, and as the saying goes, "Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades."

Message 24 of 347 (682 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13735 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Kickflipper1087 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Kickflipper1087 wrote:

Two months for this update and it's only got headset support most likely...

Gotta be kidding me.

If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk.......

Can't think of a clearer example of this than with these kinds of responses.

You are the coolest person in this forum, I envy you, man. Like a rockstar and stuff.

I'm just saying, for people who don't need / want headsets, they're really not giving us much here.

And for the people who DO have headsets (specifically the Pulse Elites), this is a welcome update.

Sony can't please everyone at the same time.

Would you rather they just don't do an update at all right now, and just release everything at once?

They're clearly not ready to add anything else at the moment, so why not push out what IS ready?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 347 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

About time!!!! Update 1.60 tonight!!!!

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2014
Message 26 of 347 (701 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Feb 3, 2014
This, I'm so happy about! I bought the pulse elites on sale just over a month ago due to the promise of the headset being supported in the near future, using that 3.5mm cable works but no surround sound.

I when I first heard there was a new type of headset being released as well, I got exited, till I saw the pics. I'll be honest, I don't like them. The head band is much too wide for my taste, the elites look MUCH better.
Message 27 of 347 (666 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Feb 3, 2014
As I just purchased my Pulse Elite Headphones Saturday, very pleased to be getting this update.

Nice!
Message 28 of 347 (650 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 3, 2014

They are Probably torn between time spent on firmware updates and  Playstation Now Prep with the Beta coming.  Not that I received a invite.   I believe some Blu-Ray audio support was supposed to be in this update as well.  

Message 29 of 347 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Feb 3, 2014

3 months for this??? LMAO, why is the ps4 a terrible media player? Where is media support? You tube? Why don't I get notified when friends log in?? Sony making me regret buying a ps4 at launch.

Message 30 of 347 (637 Views)
0 Likes