Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/22/2008
Offline
926 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

I wouldn't worry about anything that nVidia says.  As a former PC fanatic, I grew up hearing about how great the nVidia cards were and that they were the top of the line.  Then, after saving up for what seemed like eons, I could finally afford one and discovered that the product was nowhere near what the price was.  The only thing that nVidia has going for it is name recognition and that is what they market themselves on.  The people who actually work with their products are no longer fooled by the self-boasting that the company puts out.  They are akin to Apple.  Yes, they may put out some nice products, but the massive overcharging they put in there just because of their name is laughable.

 

I honestly will never take any statements that nVidia has about any technology seriously.  They are just bitter right now because Sony saw through the smoke and mirrors they were putting up and wasn't will to overpay for their services.  Bravo Sony.

Message 11 of 29 (159 Views)
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

 

They are just bitter right now because Sony saw through the smoke and mirrors they were putting up and wasn't will to overpay for their services.  Bravo Sony.


I think that's a bit too farfetched; you don't have any evidence of this~.

Message 12 of 29 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/19/2007
Offline
8695 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

Kitty1400 wrote:

Hello,

 

Since the PS4 announcement I have been a tad obsessive with the whole thing. I've been looking up news on the PS4 2-3 times a day.


mind = blown


~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 13 of 29 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 11/30/2007
Offline
973 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

i cant wait for ps4 i read news on twitter

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel
Message 14 of 29 (145 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

Mastr_0f_Chaos wrote:

i cant wait for ps4 i read news on twitter


Smiley LOL

 

Moble

Message 15 of 29 (139 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

Kitty1400 wrote:

Hello,

 

Since the PS4 announcement I have been a tad obsessive with the whole thing. I've been looking up news on the PS4 2-3 times a day. I have noticed that for 4 days in a row if you type specifically "PS4" into google News the #1 result is slander using/twisting Nvidia's negative comments about the PS4. What bothers me most about it is that the same posts are always on top and say they are only a couple hours old, yet for 4 days straight it's been #1 so it's just the same thing being reposted to always be the number one thing people will see/associate with PS4 when they use google news to look for information regarding it. The slander is basically basing the PS4 entirely on the CPU as if it were in a PC environment and not factoring in anything else. PS4 components can't be directly be compared with PCs unless you understand them, but 95% of people will believe the first thing they hear that sounds believable.The truth that people should know is: PS4 is a closed system-GPU heavy machine with very little interference from the OS/other processes. PC's are much more CPU heavy, open systems, and are clogged up with operations that have nothing to do with your game. Also the best graphics cards for PC's only have 2GB GDDR5 ram, but the PS4 can utilize most of the 8GB for graphics... Google is dominate in many regards so people will constantly use google news for information about it and it's totally littered with this slander. I don't have the time/patience/knowledge to couteract this littering of google news, but if somebody could set things right by getting the real facts out there, time and time again(just like the slander keeps getting reposted) then people would also see the true facts and not let this junk wreck PS4's reputation, when it is truly a masterpiece and doesn't deserve that.


So let me get this straight - you're basically whining because you're upset that people are saying current high-end PCs are already ahead of the PS4? Well newsflash - duh. Sorry, but it's true.

 

The real question is, why does that bother you so much? Because you know it's true or because you're so jaded, you can't believe that it's actually true? People don't buy consoles to compete with PCs - or if they do, they're dumb and should stop. If you like the PS exclusives, then go ahead and get the PS4 and enjoy it. If all you care about is playing the best version available for multi-platform titles, then save your money and buy/upgrade a PC.

Message 16 of 29 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
4421 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Kitty1400 wrote:

Hello,

 

Since the PS4 announcement I have been a tad obsessive with the whole thing. I've been looking up news on the PS4 2-3 times a day. I have noticed that for 4 days in a row if you type specifically "PS4" into google News the #1 result is slander using/twisting Nvidia's negative comments about the PS4. What bothers me most about it is that the same posts are always on top and say they are only a couple hours old, yet for 4 days straight it's been #1 so it's just the same thing being reposted to always be the number one thing people will see/associate with PS4 when they use google news to look for information regarding it. The slander is basically basing the PS4 entirely on the CPU as if it were in a PC environment and not factoring in anything else. PS4 components can't be directly be compared with PCs unless you understand them, but 95% of people will believe the first thing they hear that sounds believable.The truth that people should know is: PS4 is a closed system-GPU heavy machine with very little interference from the OS/other processes. PC's are much more CPU heavy, open systems, and are clogged up with operations that have nothing to do with your game. Also the best graphics cards for PC's only have 2GB GDDR5 ram, but the PS4 can utilize most of the 8GB for graphics... Google is dominate in many regards so people will constantly use google news for information about it and it's totally littered with this slander. I don't have the time/patience/knowledge to couteract this littering of google news, but if somebody could set things right by getting the real facts out there, time and time again(just like the slander keeps getting reposted) then people would also see the true facts and not let this junk wreck PS4's reputation, when it is truly a masterpiece and doesn't deserve that.


So let me get this straight - you're basically whining because you're upset that people are saying current high-end PCs are already ahead of the PS4? Well newsflash - duh. Sorry, but it's true.

 

The real question is, why does that bother you so much? Because you know it's true or because you're so jaded, you can't believe that it's actually true? People don't buy consoles to compete with PCs - or if they do, they're dumb and should stop. If you like the PS exclusives, then go ahead and get the PS4 and enjoy it. If all you care about is playing the best version available for multi-platform titles, then save your money and buy/upgrade a PC.


Harshly put, but valid, and true.

 

Moble

Message 17 of 29 (133 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/15/2012
Offline
189 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 19, 2013
ahhhh, you've said it all.
Message 18 of 29 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/18/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

So let me get this straight - you're basically whining because you're upset that people are saying current high-end PCs are already ahead of the PS4? Well newsflash - duh. Sorry, but it's true.

 

The real question is, why does that bother you so much? Because you know it's true or because you're so jaded, you can't believe that it's actually true? People don't buy consoles to compete with PCs - or if they do, they're dumb and should stop. If you like the PS exclusives, then go ahead and get the PS4 and enjoy it. If all you care about is playing the best version available for multi-platform titles, then save your money and buy/upgrade a PC.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey buddy, your comments would be much more credible if you didn't exaggerate to drive your point away. PS4 is being compared to the lowest end PC's. Obviously a high end PC that you can pay $3000+ is going to kick the **** out of any console in regards to raw hardware specs. You said "So let me get this straight - you're basically whining because you're upset that people are saying current high-end PCs" no man look at any post and they are saying LOW end PC's. PS remember my whole sub-point about the fact that it can't be compared directly to a PC, I guess you may have missed that part...

Message 19 of 29 (102 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/18/2013
Offline
6 posts
 

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 19, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

 

Obviously I wasn't being ltieral; nonetheless, none of this is even remotely sufficient to form any kind of legitimate opinion (I don't consider guesstimating a legit opinion). When the PSV was announced it was supposed to play PS3-like games and would feature XYZ specs, as release date, the perspective changed some and now it was "games that are close to PS3 games", similarly, I think there was an amendment made to the amount of memory or somesuch~.

Until somebody actually plays on one (and I'm guessing that will be during E3), nobody has enough information to make slanderish / praising statements about it. In fact, we don't even know what the XBOX 720 will be so it's too soon to call it "a masterpiece" only because the specs are high~.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy Fallon(I may have mispelles his name) played it on his talk show for a few mins. It is a video that can be found in various place online. Therefore somebody has played it already. PS I know people are going to read that and feel a need to tell me that even though he actually played it(you only saw the controller(wired at the time) and the TV,), you will try to tell me it wasn't played or etc. Well I could care less about those sort of comments...

Message 20 of 29 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes