Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 18 2013
By: Kitty1400 First Son 6 posts

PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

[ Edited ]
28 replies 428 views Edited Mar 18, 2013

Hello,

Since the PS4 announcement I have been a tad obsessive with the whole thing. I've been looking up news on the PS4 2-3 times a day. I have noticed that for 4 days in a row if you type specifically "PS4" into google News the #1 result is slander using/twisting Nvidia's negative comments about the PS4. What bothers me most about it is that the same posts are always on top and say they are only a couple hours old, yet for 4 days straight it's been #1 so it's just the same thing being reposted to always be the number one thing people will see/associate with PS4 when they use google news to look for information regarding it. The slander is basically basing the PS4 entirely on the CPU as if it were in a PC environment and not factoring in anything else. PS4 components can't be directly be compared with PCs unless you understand them, but 95% of people will believe the first thing they hear that sounds believable.The truth that people should know is: PS4 is a closed system-GPU heavy machine with very little interference from the OS/other processes. PC's are much more CPU heavy, open systems, and are clogged up with operations that have nothing to do with your game. Also the best graphics cards for PC's only have 2GB GDDR5 ram, but the PS4 can utilize most of the 8GB for graphics... Google is dominate in many regards so people will constantly use google news for information about it and it's totally littered with this slander. I don't have the time/patience/knowledge to couteract this littering of google news, but if somebody could set things right by getting the real facts out there, time and time again(just like the slander keeps getting reposted) then people would also see the true facts and not let this junk wreck PS4's reputation, when it is truly a masterpiece and doesn't deserve that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (428 Views)
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013
Wall of text
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Re: PS4: Untrue slander is all over Google news regarding PS4... PS4 fans must help counteract this!

Mar 18, 2013

Welcome to the forum!

I share your enthusiasm for the PS4 look at it this way though, bad press is still press. People are talkinb about it.  And with very lilttle actually out there right now, what is being said won't matter a whole lot.  Things will be made aware to all soon enough.  I also think that you'll find that a good portion of the people that will look at a PS4 won't be worried about the technicla specs.  They will be more interested in features and how the games look.  

I get where you are coming from though.  But with not much out there to slander just yet... I wouldn't worry too much.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (397 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Kitty1400 wrote:

Hello,

Since the PS4 announcement I have been a tad obsessive with the whole thing. I've been looking up news on the PS4 2-3 times a day. I have noticed that for 4 days in a row if you type specifically "PS4" into google News the #1 result is slander using/twisting Nvidia's negative comments about the PS4.

What bothers me most about it is that the same posts are always on top and say they are only a couple hours old, yet for 4 days straight it's been #1 so it's just the same thing being reposted to always be the number one thing people will see/associate with PS4 when they use google news to look for information regarding it. 

The slander is basically basing the PS4 entirely on the CPU as if it were in a PC environment and not factoring in anything else. PS4 components can't be directly be compared with PCs unless you understand them, but 95% of people will believe the first thing they hear that sounds believable.

The truth that people should know is: PS4 is a closed system-GPU heavy machine with very little interference from the OS/other processes. PC's are much more CPU heavy, open systems, and are clogged up with operations that have nothing to do with your game. Also the best graphics cards for PC's only have 2GB GDDR5 ram, but the PS4 can utilize most of the 8GB for graphics... 

Google is dominate in many regards so people will constantly use google news for information about it and it's totally littered with this slander. I don't have the time/patience/knowledge to couteract this littering of google news, but if somebody could set things right by getting the real facts out there, time and time again(just like the slander keeps getting reposted) then people would also see the true facts and not let this junk wreck PS4's reputation, when it is truly a masterpiece and doesn't deserve that.

Sorry, modified you "blocking" so I could read it better.  Mobile app eh?:smileywink:

People can say what they want about GameInformer (GI), their behind the scenes connections to whomever and such, but the recent issue had a great  Four Page Spread on the PS4.  Not much more was revealed about it, than the Stream Cast last Month, but it does shed some good light on the system for those who did not get in on the announcement.

Any informed person, looking for real advice about an upcoming system will do more than check on source.  There will be detractors and pundits, and somewhere in the middle, the truths can be found.  I would not worry yourself too much about Google News.

In fact; I would not worry too much about what Google and Nvidia have to say at this point.  Although Nvidia's criticisms can be taken with some acclamations, it is hard to decipher if their non promotion of the PS4 comes from legitimate concerns, or possible behind the scenes sour grapes in the development.  This part, we will prbably never know.

Time will tell.  Criticisms are always highest just before release of anything new.  I am sure the PS4 will have its share of bugs and problems, but it is an electronic device after all.  A complex one at that.

Again, anyone who is going to base their "next Gen" purchase, solely off a Google Article, will ultimately find themselves on the outside looking in.

While I cannot speak in great knowledge regarding system specs, component capabilities, and the inner workings of processors and drives, I can determine for myself what is, and what will be worthy of my money.  I intend to buy a PS4, while not initially, eventually I will own one.  A Google article and Nvidia will not dissuade me in the end.:smileyhappy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (382 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Oh, and Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.:smileyhappy:

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (380 Views)
Survivor
2458 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Kitty1400 wrote:

Hello,

Since the PS4 announcement I have been a tad obsessive with the whole thing. I've been looking up news on the PS4 2-3 times a day. I have noticed that for 4 days in a row if you type specifically "PS4" into google News the #1 result is slander using/twisting Nvidia's negative comments about the PS4. What bothers me most about it is that the same posts are always on top and say they are only a couple hours old, yet for 4 days straight it's been #1 so it's just the same thing being reposted to always be the number one thing people will see/associate with PS4 when they use google news to look for information regarding it. The slander is basically basing the PS4 entirely on the CPU as if it were in a PC environment and not factoring in anything else. PS4 components can't be directly be compared with PCs unless you understand them, but 95% of people will believe the first thing they hear that sounds believable.The truth that people should know is: PS4 is a closed system-GPU heavy machine with very little interference from the OS/other processes. PC's are much more CPU heavy, open systems, and are clogged up with operations that have nothing to do with your game. Also the best graphics cards for PC's only have 2GB GDDR5 ram, but the PS4 can utilize most of the 8GB for graphics... Google is dominate in many regards so people will constantly use google news for information about it and it's totally littered with this slander. I don't have the time/patience/knowledge to couteract this littering of google news, but if somebody could set things right by getting the real facts out there, time and time again(just like the slander keeps getting reposted) then people would also see the true facts and not let this junk wreck PS4's reputation, when it is truly a masterpiece and doesn't deserve that.

There are no true facts, the PS4 is still a mystery. Also, I doubt you can say it's a masterpiece, you haven't used one yet. Finally, getting worked up over conspiracy theories will do you no good. At most, it's a coincidence~.

As a last advice, use line breaks. People will be more inclined to read your posts if they are easy on the readers' eyes~.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (373 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Mar 18, 2013
The ps4 is not a "mystery" it has been announced, the system specs have been posted by Sony, and several games have been announced for it. While not everything about it has been described in full detail, and we don't know what the system actually looks like, we do know that it is a real thing, and that more will be revealed at e3 this year.
My PSN
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (361 Views)
Survivor
2458 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Obviously I wasn't being ltieral; nonetheless, none of this is even remotely sufficient to form any kind of legitimate opinion (I don't consider guesstimating a legit opinion). When the PSV was announced it was supposed to play PS3-like games and would feature XYZ specs, as release date, the perspective changed some and now it was "games that are close to PS3 games", similarly, I think there was an amendment made to the amount of memory or somesuch~.

Until somebody actually plays on one (and I'm guessing that will be during E3), nobody has enough information to make slanderish / praising statements about it. In fact, we don't even know what the XBOX 720 will be so it's too soon to call it "a masterpiece" only because the specs are high~.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (332 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15233 posts

Mar 18, 2013

if you put "PS4" into ANY search engine, you're going to get THE LATEST NEWS regarding the PS4 as the top results until something else comes up..... obvious, the latest news is Nvidia.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (323 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Some analyst and Nvidea are the only ones I have seen so far trash talk the PlayStation 4. I'm not Into PC gaming so what they say doesn't bother me. Do they feel threatened over the PS4? Who's knows, all I know is when the system drops, it will sell out regardless of what these people say about it. Its still falls in the same spot as word of mouth or reviews. Just because someone says something bad about something doesn't mean you won't like it. Just let them have their moment in the spot light for now as the system is 7 months away from release :smileyhappy:

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (322 Views)