Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 01 2014
By: superspy First Son 2 posts

PS4 UI slow... fixable?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 200 views Edited Apr 1, 2014

I am loving my PS4 but I am having an issue with the UI coming up when I am going to type something in with the controller or looking up someone's name to block them or add them as a friend. It ALWAYS happens the first time I try to get one of these things working. When I try to complete one of these actions, it locks up everything for 5-15 seconds. My friends system doesn't seem to suffer from the same issue. I do the same thing on his system and it pops right up. Was there something that I could do to fix this?

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 4 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Re: PS4 UI slow... fixable?

Apr 1, 2014

superspy wrote:

I am loving my PS4 but I am having an issue with the UI coming up when I am going to type something in with the controller or looking up someone's name to block them or add them as a friend. It ALWAYS happens the first time I try to get one of these things working. When I try to complete one of these actions, it locks up everything for 5-15 seconds. My friends system doesn't seem to suffer from the same issue. I do the same thing on his system and it pops right up. Was there something that I could do to fix this?

Mod Edit: Updated label. Please click here to learn more about labels. -Super_Nova2k13

The problem could be almost anything... Slow internet (UI uses the internet a lot to bring up multiple information), hard drive (Messed up read/write?), etc

Message 2 of 4 (188 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Its not the connection speed. The kb stutter happens whether I am online or not. I am starting to suspect that it is a HD issue. I was trying to see if there was someone else out there with my same problem that had an easier fix than replacing the HD.

Message 3 of 4 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2405 posts

Apr 1, 2014
I noticed the UI has been locking up for about 5-20 seconds (depending on what I try to do).

I think it might have something to do with one of the updates because the UI was always quick before.
Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)
0 Likes