Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Re: PS4 Thoughts?

Apr 17, 2013

theres also such a thing as don't reply if you only want to argue.............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKvfKqAuPEY

EVIL SADISTIC B down to the core of my bones, and NO ONE more loyal then me as your friend
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (139 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
14035 posts

Apr 17, 2013

X-CrimsonDeath-X wrote:

theres also such a thing as don't reply if you only want to argue.............

Refuting all the nonsense you've heard is not arguing, nor is it nonsense.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Well Shuhei Yoshida, President of SCE World Wide Studios says backwards compatibilty is possible via software emulation for some games.  

It is not impossible, stop saying it is.

I think he knows better then any of you who pretend to know what you are talking about.

He even states that the new PS3's do emulate PS2 games, indicating they were not rewritten to be playable on PS3, but emulated via software, something tons of BC haters say is impossible.

Read these comments from the man himself.

“That’s why we’re saying we are not offering that capability. The architecture is so different,” he answered. “If the question is could any PS3 game work on PS4 on emulation, I would say that some games will. If the games don’t use too much of the PS3’s hardware capabilities. But it’s a software-based solution if we work on that.”

This is something they’ve done in the past, in fact. “We are providing PS2 games digitally on PS3, even though the current PS3 doesn’t offer the hardware capability. We are doing it on the emulation. But we’re not offering every PS2 game,” he contined. “The selection is limited. Because some games took advantage of the unique hardware architecture of the PS2… once games do that it’s extremely difficult to emulate on another system, even if the other system is much higher in capability.”

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/the-ps4-is-not-backwards-compatible-with-ps3-or-psn-games...

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11425 posts

Apr 17, 2013

And the VP of Sony said:

Realistically, to support backwards compatibility with PS3, the CELL Broadband Engine would have needed to been part of the new console. Currently, it’s not possible to simulate this via software.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

Apr 17, 2013

President vs Vice president, I sunk your battleship!

So its easy to see why some people are in a huff about this.

We are even getting conflicting official statements, LOL.

I bet Sony decided to play both sides of the fence so later they can claim one or more statements was a personal opinion and not an official statement.

Seems they learned from back in the PS3 days when they would staright up tell you one thing, then the next day pretend that never happened at all, LOL.

Anyone remember all Jack T's BS?  I do.

Thats why I say I dont believe anything Sony has been saying regarding the PS4, they lie to hype you up then go back on their word later.  The new approach seems to be  just say everything, some of it is bound to be true at some point in the far off future, LOL.

New tag line for PS4 "We only say it only does everything"

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (109 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7592 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

President vs Vice president, I sunk your battleship!

So its easy to see why some people are in a huff about this.

We are even getting conflicting official statements, LOL.

I bet Sony decided to play both sides of the fence so later they can claim one or more statements was a personal opinion and not an official statement.

Seems they learned from back in the PS3 days when they would staright up tell you one thing, then the next day pretend that never happened at all, LOL.

Anyone remember all Jack T's BS?  I do.

Thats why I say I dont believe anything Sony has been saying regarding the PS4, they lie to hype you up then go back on their word later.  The new approach seems to be  just say everything, some of it is bound to be true at some point in the far off future, LOL.

New tag line for PS4 "We only say it only does everything"

Where is what they both have said conflicting.

One said (paraphrasing for simplicity) that some games would be playable through software emulation, but games that require specific features of the Cell would not be able to be simulated in this fashion.

The other said that the Cell (and supporting hardware) would be required for most PS3 games.  What about that contradicts what the first guy said?  The second guy is saying exactly the same thing the first guy said using fewer words (and less specificity).

The thing is, something like 90% of PS3 games (including 100% of PS3 exclusives) use Cell-specific features, so if B/C was offered via emulation, the PS4 will only be able to play about 10% of PS3 games, including 0% of PS3 exclusives.

Even 'smallish' PSN titles such as PAIN use Cell-specific features.  That cool replay camera trick that allows you to pause a replay and freely move the camera about?  That's the Cell.  In fact, many of the camera angles and movements (zooming in and out during battles in GoW3 and Ascension) in most PS3 games are processed by the Cell, which no other processor can currently replicate.

The sand and snow effects in Journey?  Cell.  The smooth layer transition in FlOw?  Cell.  Basically everyhing that happens in Flower?  Cell.  Yes, TGC has basically mastered programming on the Cell architecture.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Apr 17, 2013
The only way the PS4 can be fully BC is to include the cell processor into the design in which they said they would not do (don't remember where I read about it). It would cause the price to be a lot higher. Keep your PS3 if your really that worried about it; I still have my PS2/games.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Apr 18, 2013
Ok it's not out yet so we can't judge anything. And how do we know its not backwards compatible. Did they announce this? This is something by release they can change. I dunno even how the graphics can get much better either without the whole game being in cg. IDE like to see how much an upgrade ps4 will be over three. I'm guessing it won't be that much.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

Sony should have gone with X86 hardware to begin with. If the PS3 used X86 hardware with the PS3, backwards compatibility would not be an issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Final Boss
27714 posts

Apr 18, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

I "wish" people would stop asking even though the presentation from Feb. 20th gave everyone a pretty clear picture of upcoming system.

No offense dude, but what more is there to say? 

Whats up with the hate?? plz just dont reply with that nonsense.

anyway i heard they want to implement social media which i do not really agree with the reason i buy a console is to play games not to meet people. if i want to meet people i will go out there to the real world so i WISH they concentrated on the GAMES not social media.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (71 Views)
0 Likes