May 23 2013
By: tbroark First Son 2 posts

PS4 Suggestions

[ Edited ]
4 replies 85 views Edited May 23, 2013

I'm posting this here since after searching I could not find a way to submit product feedback for Sony. When I did find one form that actually worked, it wouldn't let me submit special characters (even just periods). So I've decided to post my feedback and suggestions here:

The new Playstation 4 is truly an amazing opportunity for Sony to come out ahead of Microsoft's Xbox here in the United States. One thing that I repeatedly hear from friends and acquaintances is that a big factor in them choosing Xbox is the controller. This new Playstation 4 is an opportunity for Sony to redesign their controller, one that would feel more comfortable to hold and one that would be more responsive for games like First Person Shooters. I would highly suggest replacing some of the buttons with a trigger-like mechanism. That would truly be a step in the right direction. One other area that Sony has as an opportunity is their online experience. Nobody wishes to pay for Microsoft's Xbox Live membership. I would definitely suggest Sony spend some resources redesigning their online interface and experience to be modernized, sleek, sexy, stable, and wonderful to use, so much so that it would raise the question for current Xbox owners- "Why should I pay for Xbox Live when Sony offers me so much more in an online experience for free?"

Anyways, I think these two things are big opportunities for Sony, especially with a gaming community that seems to be questioning Microsoft's focus on gaming.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I am currently more of an Xbox player myself. I haven't owned a Playstation since Playstation 2, and some of the things I listed here are things that would push me over the fence to Playstation, especially since Microsoft's Xbox One reveal failed to inspire me.

Message 1 of 5 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: PS4 Suggestions

May 23, 2013

tbroark wrote:

I'm posting this here since after searching I could not find a way to submit product feedback for Sony. When I did find one form that actually worked, it wouldn't let me submit special characters (even just periods). So I've decided to post my feedback and suggestions here:

The new Playstation 4 is truly an amazing opportunity for Sony to come out ahead of Microsoft's Xbox here in the United States. One thing that I repeatedly hear from friends and acquaintances is that a big factor in them choosing Xbox is the controller. This new Playstation 4 is an opportunity for Sony to redesign their controller, one that would feel more comfortable to hold and one that would be more responsive for games like First Person Shooters. I would highly suggest replacing some of the buttons with a trigger-like mechanism. That would truly be a step in the right direction. One other area that Sony has as an opportunity is their online experience. Nobody wishes to pay for Microsoft's Xbox Live membership. I would definitely suggest Sony spend some resources redesigning their online interface and experience to be modernized, sleek, sexy, stable, and wonderful to use, so much so that it would raise the question for current Xbox owners- "Why should I pay for Xbox Live when Sony offers me so much more in an online experience for free?"

Anyways, I think these two things are big opportunities for Sony, especially with a gaming community that seems to be questioning Microsoft's focus on gaming.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I am currently more of an Xbox player myself. I haven't owned a Playstation since Playstation 2, and some of the things I listed here are things that would push me over the fence to Playstation, especially since Microsoft's Xbox One reveal failed to inspire me.

This is not a suggestion, as it is a matter of preference. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 5 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

tbroark wrote:

This is not a suggestion, as it is a matter of preference. 

Actually, suggestions typically are preferences. I'm suggesting it because from my experience what I've highlighted previously seems to be a big factor, and although it is a preference, it is a preference that may help Sony gain a big advantage over Xbox in the United States market. I understand that this isn't necessarily universal in application to other international markets, as the Playstation does seem to be the leader in those markets over Xbox, but it doesn't mean that Sony can't consider options that would help them gain even more traction here in the United States.

Here is an article that highlights some of my thoughts regarding the trigger. You'll see that from this blogger's perspective, the Playstation controller is slightly better, except when it comes to the trigger mechanism. This is exactly my point. http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/11/22/analysis-ps3-vs-xbox-360-controller-comparison/

In regards to comfort though, I do find the Xbox controller more comfortable. I believe a slight redesign in shape, making it more contoured, would provide more comfort for longer gaming sessions. Are these preferences? Yes. But they're preferences many people share and it might help Sony in the Stateside battle of consoles.

Message 3 of 5 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

May 23, 2013
Just as an FYI, Sony themselves do not visit these forums. This is a community run forum hosted on Sony's servers. Therefore, they will not see what you have posted here.
Message 4 of 5 (62 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4812 posts

May 23, 2013

Jdurg wrote:
Just as an FYI, Sony themselves do not visit these forums. This is a community run forum hosted on Sony's servers. Therefore, they will not see what you have posted here.

Evem though Sony doesn't visit the forums. You do have PR reps that does see what gamers are discussing. They go to all the gaming sites to get a feel for what gamers are saying. Hence the focus on games. Sony saw that gamers wanted more focus on games and that is what they focused on.

They may not individually read this post but they do have people that do!

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 5 of 5 (58 Views)
0 Likes