PlayStation MVP
49220 posts

Re: PS4: Still Unable To Play My MP3 Music While Gaming

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2014

awtacular wrote:

Nothing like bumping your own thread.

thumbs down.gif

The thread is about music and media file storage and playback on the PS4, there is a new rumor that this may be in the system software 2.0 update, instead of making a new thread on this same exact topic I used an existing one to post this.

I get it, you don't like me, but don't let your hate for me make you look foolish like this in the future, ok?

Message 41 of 44 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3932 posts

Aug 19, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

awtacular wrote:

Nothing like bumping your own thread.

thumbs down.gif

The thread is about music and media file storage and playback on the PS4, there is a new rumor that this may be in the system software 2.0 update, instead of making a new thread on this same exact topic I used an existing one to post this.

I get it, you don't like me, but don't let your hate for me make you look foolish like this in the future, ok?

Dude don't worry about what the other guys think. They are fanboys who don't truly care about anything other than to argue. After all if sony had their way they would provide apps to where you have to spend more money. So fight the good fight to get your mp3 apps etc.... that way you can do what the ps3 can do.

Message 42 of 44 (487 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9941 posts

Aug 19, 2014
@uh--oh

Problem is, I don't want the PS4 to do what the PS3 can do. I want it to do more and all evidence points in that direction.

And uh--oh calling somebody a fanboy? That's like the story of the pot & kettle. Pretty sure if I quoted your post history, you would look like a Microsoft shill. It's people like you who made most the contributing forum members leave the site. Who knows. Maybe one day more will leave and your alt accounts can just talk to each other.
Message 43 of 44 (475 Views)
First Son
2 posts

last month

I find it extremely sad that sony has taken so long to release this update.

Sony Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Uoshida confirmed to a gaming site that “As we speak … the teams in Japan and U.S., the system guys, are discussing how and when we can put these features on PS4,” he said.

"Yoshida specifically mentions the absence of MP3 playback and DLNA support as the source of consumer frustrations."

This was in early November 2013 when word broke that the DLNA support was not part of PS4 like we all assumed it would be.  That is when there was a rush of people cancelling pre-orders and looking to microsoft, as really the DLNA was a huge push for me personally to go with PS4 over xbox.  Don't get me wrong, i can't stand Xbox, but i can't stand the promise of something that hasn't happened either.

This article and comments by the president were released to keep people and pre-orders on the PS4 platform.  However, at some point we hve to ask if this is ever going to happen, or what happens when microsoft realizes that this is a key functionality they can add in and gain a huge amount of new customers, as people start trading in PS4's for Xbox One's because this functionality (which should be standared) is now available on a console, which is what people want.

Message 44 of 44 (157 Views)