MVP Support
11633 posts

Re: PS4: Still Unable To Play My MP3 Music While Gaming

May 1, 2014

da1writer wrote:

What if I told you the Music Player was added already via the 1.7 update but is only active in Share Factory at this time Smiley Wink!

I'm friends with Adam Boyes as well who was testing it... I often check his profile when I see oddities. Before the update, His profile said Music Player Demo all the way for his profile updates unlike Yoshida's glitched split Music Player / Destiny Beta profile update. It would be pretty bad trolling if it was a makes Destiny Beta. Usually if it's something secret it would be an odd name and all anyhow not an app/feature everyone has been asking for.

works for me!

Message 21 of 44 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

May 1, 2014

Winscar_Shinobi wrote:
Funny thing is people want mp3 and video support. 8/10 of those people probably pirated the content.

But yeah. Still bring the features. As long as it doesnt implode the ps4 then more is better.

Mine are all from CD discs, I'm old Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 44 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

May 1, 2014

ID-69 wrote:

Use a **bleep** radio or stereo system goddammit.  

If you play the music loud enough, you'll hear it fine through the headset, if you're using one. 

Too bad if you don't live in a detached house ( or whatever they call them in the US ). 

My PS3 IS my current stereo so I can't just use my PS3 to play music, through my TV, while playing my PS4.   Not everyone is in your situation Smiley Wink.

Message 23 of 44 (192 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

May 1, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

If you play the music loud enough, you'll hear it fine through the headset, if you're using one. 

Too bad if you don't live in a detached house ( or whatever they call them in the US ). 

My PS3 IS my current stereo so I can't just use my PS3 to play music, through my TV, while playing my PS4.   Not everyone is in your situation Smiley Wink.

Well you COULD just buy a headset, or digital optical speakers, or a myriad of other options.

Just saying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 44 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

May 1, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Well you COULD just buy a headset, or digital optical speakers, or a myriad of other options.

Just saying.

Then how do I listen to my PS4 game that I need a headset to chat with while online? 

Also why should I have to spend money buying more things to get my PS4 to do what my PS3 does? 

Message 25 of 44 (187 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

May 1, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

Just saying.

Then how do I listen to my PS4 game that I need a headset to chat with while online? 

Also why should I have to spend money buying more things to get my PS4 to do what my PS3 does? 

But the PS3 doesn't do that.

You just asked how could you listen to your PS4 game at the same time you're using music on your PS3.

Yet the PS3 cannot play music AND play a game at the same time either.

So which are you trying to do? Listen to music AND play? Or just listen to music? Because the PS3 can only do the latter.

Message 26 of 44 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Just saying.

You just asked how could you listen to your PS4 game at the same time you're using music on your PS3.

So which are you trying to do? Listen to music AND play? Or just listen to music? Because the PS3 can only do the latter.

Actually my PS3 does that with Warhawk, Starhawk, and Dust514, all games I play online with people.   I always have my music playing, through my headset, while hosting Starhawk Wednesdays and talking to all the participants, for example.  

Stop digging a hole lol

dig

Message 27 of 44 (179 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11633 posts

May 1, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Also why should I have to spend money buying more things to get my PS4 to do what my PS3 does

not that i don't agree with you almost all of the time, but i wanted to address this point.

companies change vision statements all the time depending upon market fluctuations and trends. we can't always expect that a product will behave/act/feature the same as the previous models. using that logic, we should be upset that the PS4 doesn't also have a walkman in it as well.

i know the walkman example is extreme, but it's to illustrate that products change over their lifetimes, especially new products vs old ones. just *because* a previous product had something doesn't mean the next one will have it as well. 

that being said, i do want this myself. i have other ways of accomplishing the same thing, but doing it through the PS3 was the easiest to set up and maintain. i'm confident they will give it to us, sooner than later. *but*, we as consumers have a responsilbility to ourselves to weigh the pros & cons of what we're about to buy and make sure that it fits our needs right then and there, instead of hoping that the company might patch it in later. it wasn't a dealbreaker for me so i bought mine.

example - 3D. how many thrads/comments have we seen about people wanting 3D? a lot right? now we all know how much sony pushed home 3D on the PS3, right, i mean, they gave us all a *free* blu-ray 3D movie player. what's happened? why does the PS4 not do it? it's because sony, and most other OEMs are moving away from home 3D, it hasn't panned out. when asked about 3D on the PS4, Yoshida said, "no one else is talking about it, why should we"? 4K is the new thing for companies & consumers. i bring all that up because in 1 generation of devices, there is a massive shift in their overall vision for their products. 

Message 28 of 44 (174 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13654 posts

May 1, 2014

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Just saying.

Actually my PS3 does that with Warhawk, Starhawk, and Dust514, all games I play online with people.   I always have my music playing, through my headset, while hosting Starhawk Wednesdays and talking to all the participants, for example.  

Stop digging a hole lol

dig

3 games out of 800.

And they're all in-game features, nothing to do with the actual PS3 features other than the default MP3 support.

If playing music while gaming was such a big deal to you, then you WOULD go and get something to do it.

But if you can't afford a cheap MP3 player (you can wear earbuds AND a gaming headset, I do it all the time), or a speaker, or some other alternative, then that means the value you place on playing Mp3's while playing games is pretty **bleep** low.

I fail to see why it's such a big deal.

Message 29 of 44 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55402 posts

May 1, 2014

Good points CK, I totally understand what you are saying and the walkman is a great example to use.  

However, I don't think what you describe applies to digital music files and digital music in genera.   Digital music is not on the way out like the Tape or CD was with the walkman/discmans.  Sony, by offering music unilimted subscription services, shows me they also do not think digital music is dying out either.  

For me personally, playing my own music in the background while gaming online with my friends is a HUGE part of my enjoyment factor when it comes to gaming, hence my motivation on the topic.

Message 30 of 44 (166 Views)
0 Likes