Fender Bender
2546 posts

Re: PS4 Shortage?

Jun 13, 2013

Why would people camp out for the PS4 when it is released? The only consoles available are going to be the ones that were pre ordered. If the shelves were flowing with new consoles on release day then there would be no need to pre order. I don't see stores having more then a few extra if any.

I'm sure some people will get robbed and mugged for the consoles it happened last time and its easy money to throw one of these up on Ebay or Craigslist and make some quick profit especially if you stole it from a guy walking to his car. But that's why I have my concealed carry permit so I'm not to worried about it.

Message 11 of 16 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12012 posts

Jun 13, 2013

Matsudaira wrote:

I'm sure there will be a typical shortage with this kind of launch. I do not think any console has every launched without a shortage. The company can only manufacture so much, and, having a sense of scarcity is a long-standing marketing tactic used to keep buzz going about a product. Apple is notorious for doing this, as is Nintendo. While there will be more gamers with the PS4 then there probably has been for other PS consoles, I don't think the increase will be anything too drastic. I can't imagine there being insane shortages. We will probably see a month or 2 on average where the console is difficult to find because they fly off the shelves faster than normal.

Per crime and violence... that's just the under-belly of humanity, and it will continue to happen with the PS4 and the XB1. For me? I will just be taking the day off work while I wait for order from Amazon to hit my door.

the ps3 was easy to find in ottawa when it launched..  eb told me there was just not alot of people interested in buying something so expensive

>

Message 12 of 16 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 13, 2013
Just remember when you pick up your PS4 there is safety in numbers. As for me picking mine up in suit of armor and sword.
我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 13 of 16 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2013

balmungfury wrote:
Just remember when you pick up your PS4 there is safety in numbers. As for me picking mine up in suit of armor and sword.

I'll have my Smith and Wesson M&P .40 on my hip under my sweatshirt so I'm good.

Message 14 of 16 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 13, 2013

hahaha, yeah, who needs CoD when we got armed gamers in the streets.

Though with all that has been happening lately, I imagine if for whatever reason camping becomes a necessity that a cop might be on site at most major retailers as well as stepped up patrols (probably stepped up patrols regardless) during the launch window.

Message 15 of 16 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2013
There probably is going to be a huge shortage since sony dosent know when to stope pre orders!! They just opened ps4 bundle pre orders again, they should stop they cant handle that many pre orders so why continue to open them up ?? I also feel anyone who pre ordered before the unlimited pre order anoucent should be guaranteed one they were smart and had there prenorders locked
Message 16 of 16 (208 Views)
0 Likes