Apr 08 2014
By: MercWithAMouth4W Lombax Warrior 177 posts

PS4 Secret Headset Update?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 211 views Edited Apr 8, 2014

A lot of people I know, and I'm sure some of you, have headsets that aren't (or weren't) compatible with PS4. This happened to me too, I have Turtle Beach PX22's and they used to not be able to work with the PS4 no matter how I plugged them up. Well today I plugged my headset in; just the head jack no usb or anything ink the controller. I joined a Blacklight lobby and was talking with someone! Did one of the updates that sony released not say that they would add this? Could you Guys try this for me and let me know if it works? Just a headset with a mic straight into the controller. This used to not work and now it does. crazy. Please answer me beloooooow.

Mod Edit: Removed custom labels. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

"Hi, my names Deadpool, and I'm a disfigured and mentally unstable mercenary." -Wade Wilson
Message 1 of 3 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3098 posts

Re: PS4 Secret Headset Update?

Apr 8, 2014

MercWithAMouth4W wrote:

A lot of people I know, and I'm sure some of you, have headsets that aren't (or weren't) compatible with PS4. This happened to me too, I have Turtle Beach PX22's and they used to not be able to work with the PS4 no matter how I plugged them up. Well today I plugged my headset in; just the head jack no usb or anything ink the controller. I joined a Blacklight lobby and was talking with someone! Did one of the updates that sony released not say that they would add this? Could you Guys try this for me and let me know if it works? Just a headset with a mic straight into the controller. This used to not work and now it does. crazy. Please answer me beloooooow.

Mod Edit: Removed custom labels. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

one of the previous updates added headset support

Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Re: PS4 Secret Headset Update?

Apr 8, 2014

I think the update version was 1.60 back in February 2014

Message 3 of 3 (153 Views)
0 Likes