Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS4 Rewards System

Jul 24, 2013
Ok fellow gamers I can definitely agree that this would be a great concept I just hope the TEAM Trophies will not be allowed and the PS4 app that allows friends to help on games disables trophies.A level playing field for all if not this will not work i.e. NO REAL Tournaments.
Message 11 of 20 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Jul 24, 2013

If that  comes to pass then no one would help except for tips and help given in the forums. There are trophies on Dead Island that requires team work. A level playing field is great  but with  varying internet speeds(DSL/Cable) alone can determine a match. However I think it would work during tournaments that are held by the game companies and then they should hand out physical trophies or prizes/prize packs.

Message 12 of 20 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3186 posts

Jul 24, 2013

xjgunsx wrote:

Steam has come up with a brilliant system for player rewards! The best part? Everybody (Gamers, developers and Valve) profits from this system!

Everybody knows that we have a Trophy system on PSN, but what if those hard earned trophies were actually worth something more than just bragging rights? Now, it is too early to tell for sure, Sony may have a new system for player rewards even though we know that we are still getting trophies. However, I would be absolutely stunned if the next generation console didn't have a better rewards system; one that would allow a person to use their trophies for real items on PSN. 

Check out this link about Steams Trading Cards!...... sigh.....If only Sony did something this wonderful...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23/why-steam-trading-cards-embarrass-microsoft-and-sony

Am I alone on this or would anybody else like to see something like this on PSN?

You are not alone. I have often wished that there was some benefit to geting the trophies. I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice if our trophies unlocked some exclusive content or avatars, or maybe even real world items such as key chains or t-shirts. I hope Sony takes a hard look at this model.

Message 13 of 20 (188 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 26, 2013

By team i mean people who get trophies from others and dont earn them there selves. 

Message 14 of 20 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Fatgut wrote:
"As we saw with the "Bid for Greatness", people would abuse the system by trophy hacking."

Hacking= to gain access to a computer illegally !
If your statment is true then we all have a big problem....

Thats just one definition....

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 15 of 20 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Check out the link, it has a Poll to vote on your opinion.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29426702/ps4-rewards-system

Message 16 of 20 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 28, 2013

welder820 wrote:
Ok fellow gamers I can definitely agree that this would be a great concept I just hope the TEAM Trophies will not be allowed and the PS4 app that allows friends to help on games disables trophies.A level playing field for all if not this will not work i.e. NO REAL Tournaments.

I don't see how that's any different than a house full of friends handing the controller over to someone else or sharing a profile. Achievements have been dead for me for a long time (probably 2007-2008). It's more for replayability for me now.

It's cool for people that like to try to get them all, but it's really just too easy for people to have more than one person play on the profile or gamesave or just have more time to play or whatever. I don't think there should be any value placed on achievements/trophies. Just too many factors to put value on them. Want to put value on them?

If you want a level playing field, then put people in the same room for the same amount of time to compete, like you would for any competition.

Anyway, if you enjoy trophies, achievements, etc, more power to you. I personally would rather have a good story and gameplay.

Message 17 of 20 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9928 posts

Jul 28, 2013

xjgunsx wrote:

Steam has come up with a brilliant system for player rewards! The best part? Everybody (Gamers, developers and Valve) profits from this system!

Everybody knows that we have a Trophy system on PSN, but what if those hard earned trophies were actually worth something more than just bragging rights? Now, it is too early to tell for sure, Sony may have a new system for player rewards even though we know that we are still getting trophies. However, I would be absolutely stunned if the next generation console didn't have a better rewards system; one that would allow a person to use their trophies for real items on PSN. 

Check out this link about Steams Trading Cards!...... sigh.....If only Sony did something this wonderful...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23/why-steam-trading-cards-embarrass-microsoft-and-sony

Am I alone on this or would anybody else like to see something like this on PSN?

look unless they can make it fair and done in a secure fashion..  its best they dont do it

>

Message 18 of 20 (124 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

Jul 28, 2013
What ever happened with with PlayStation reward program in 2010? It just seemed to to disappear.
Message 19 of 20 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Sony does have a rewards system in place..... Get the Playstation Credit Card.

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 20 of 20 (106 Views)
0 Likes