Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 24 2013
By: xjgunsx First Son 3 posts

PS4 Rewards System

19 replies 435 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

Steam has come up with a brilliant system for player rewards! The best part? Everybody (Gamers, developers and Valve) profits from this system!

Everybody knows that we have a Trophy system on PSN, but what if those hard earned trophies were actually worth something more than just bragging rights? Now, it is too early to tell for sure, Sony may have a new system for player rewards even though we know that we are still getting trophies. However, I would be absolutely stunned if the next generation console didn't have a better rewards system; one that would allow a person to use their trophies for real items on PSN. 

Check out this link about Steams Trading Cards!...... sigh.....If only Sony did something this wonderful...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23/why-steam-trading-cards-embarrass-microsoft-and-sony

Am I alone on this or would anybody else like to see something like this on PSN?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (435 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11816 posts

Re: PS4 Rewards System

Jul 24, 2013

No.

As we saw with the "Bid for Greatness", people would abuse the system by trophy hacking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (417 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Bid for greatness was different, You still got to keep your trophies. And obviously there would have to be a strong security system. So far, Steam/Valve are doing an excellent job at showing what can be done.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I would like to see something more going into the next gen, I would have thought that idea would've been implemented on these consoles. When I first started playing years ago on this gen that's what I thought they were for to win gifts.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (392 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jul 24, 2013
"As we saw with the "Bid for Greatness", people would abuse the system by trophy hacking."

Hacking= to gain access to a computer illegally !
If your statment is true then we all have a big problem....
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (376 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
838 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Sony should definitely start some sort of rewards program.  If the potential for abuse is the only thing stopping them, it's up to them to design a secure system.  Even Microsoft has Xbox Live Rewards, trivial as they are, it's something.

XBOX Live gamertag: GUN5L1NGER
Frontier Communications is America's worst ISP, according to Netflix.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (356 Views)
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Jul 24, 2013
This could be a cool concept if they could implement some kind of "Honest" system. It'd be cool to have the trophies have more meaning and be able to use them for more than just bragging rights.
 photo 1246654513_zps51bbe221.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player
Don't get caught in my scope! -_o
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (346 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 24, 2013
Nintendo has a reward system for purchasing certain games, which you earn points toward physical rewards. I know this isn't quite what you all are talking about, but there is a console company doing something in the ball park of a trophy reward system.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (333 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jul 24, 2013
So maybe your profile portrays how many reward points you have. If Sony does this, they should have a scale on how many points you get for a game you purchased whether it be a digital copy or hard copy, maybe a reward bonus for paying for playstation plus (which the reward program will be through if they decide to do it.)
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (318 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
13950 posts

Jul 24, 2013

xjgunsx wrote:

Steam has come up with a brilliant system for player rewards! The best part? Everybody (Gamers, developers and Valve) profits from this system!

Everybody knows that we have a Trophy system on PSN, but what if those hard earned trophies were actually worth something more than just bragging rights? Now, it is too early to tell for sure, Sony may have a new system for player rewards even though we know that we are still getting trophies. However, I would be absolutely stunned if the next generation console didn't have a better rewards system; one that would allow a person to use their trophies for real items on PSN. 

Check out this link about Steams Trading Cards!...... sigh.....If only Sony did something this wonderful...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/23/why-steam-trading-cards-embarrass-microsoft-and-sony

Am I alone on this or would anybody else like to see something like this on PSN?

No, it's the same trophy system it's will just be more visible on the PS4. You get to keep your current trophies and earn more on the PS4. So, it's up to you if you want to brag about them.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (298 Views)
0 Likes