Jun 18 2013
By: CrankyGamer First Son 16 posts

PS4 Rear USB Ports

38 replies 42442 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

It looks as though the PS4 has no rear USB ports and only two on the front.  I like to keep my entertainment center neat and having cables hanging out the front I do not consider neat.  The rear AUX port for camera does help though.  It would just be so much nicer with one rear USB port then I could use a hub to and hide all the stuff back there.

Message 1 of 39 (42,442 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: PS4 Rear USB Ports

Jun 18, 2013

I see a usb port on the back of the ps4.

It is labelled "AUX"

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 2 of 39 (42,439 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

i dont know why ppl complaining about the ps4 have usb ports in the front and not the back. All playstation systems have usb ports in teh front, no one complaining about those. lol. The only system that doesnt have usb ports in the front is the PS one, only cause it does not have any usb port. usb ports are usually for charging the controller, so i rather have it in the front than the back.

Message 3 of 39 (42,433 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 18, 2013

I second the complaint.  Hoping that the rear Aux port supports hubs. 

I have always detested being forced to use front ports.  I charge my controllers on a... wait for it... charging stand. 

Grindhead_Jim

Message 4 of 39 (42,421 Views)
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jun 18, 2013

if im charging a controller im ok with a front usb. if im using a usb powered headset of course i want it in the back because thats allot of cords. i noticed the aux labeled port on the back also and think you would be able to use thst but we dont know yet. i dont care either way, i just want the console under my tv now!

Message 5 of 39 (42,407 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5645 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

I have always detested being forced to use front ports.  I charge my controllers on a... wait for it... charging stand. 

Some of us having long gaming sessions and pets. Putting all the usb ports on the back decreases the chances of the system falling when a dog runs by and rips the controller out of your while charging.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 6 of 39 (42,395 Views)
Last Guardian
12394 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

I see a usb port on the back of the ps4.

It is labelled "AUX"

i think that port is intended to be used for the optional camera attachment, not to mention it doesnt look exactly like a usb port.. either, it seems a tad smaller

usb port

>

Message 7 of 39 (42,393 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 18, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Some of us having long gaming sessions and pets. Putting all the usb ports on the back decreases the chances of the system falling when a dog runs by and rips the controller out of your while charging.

Which is why I use the charging stand, except I currently have cats. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 8 of 39 (42,384 Views)
MVP Support
5645 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Which is why I use the charging stand, except I currently have cats. Smiley Happy

No everyone wants to use a charging stand. I have the charging cradle for when I'm not playing, but I use you front usb's when I'm playing. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 9 of 39 (42,376 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jun 18, 2013

Don't get me wrong!  I'm not saying that there shouldn't be front USB ports - I'm simply saying that the addition of rear ports would be very welcome. Smiley Very Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 39 (42,367 Views)