Oct 31 2013
By: Malkavian_minds First Son 5 posts

PS4 RPG

24 replies 1184 views Edited Oct 31, 2013

.... I hope there will be GOOD RPG to be released on the PS4.  And Not just 1 per year....  Final Fantasy doesn't have the basics anymore. They are trying to put new kind of combat but... FF7 FF8 Legend Of Dragoon etc That was Perfect .. Don't change that way to combat.
I want pure new Franchise, stories...  There's enough ******* shooters out there....... Think a little more about other type of game.

Its just my opinion but I hope I'm not the only one in the PLaystation community who desire some Good Rpg on this next-gen Console Smiley Happy

( hope my English wasn't too bad )

Message 1 of 25 (1,184 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Re: PS4 RPG

Oct 31, 2013

Malkavian_minds wrote:

.... I hope there will be GOOD RPG to be released on the PS4.  And Not just 1 per year....  Final Fantasy doesn't have the basics anymore. They are trying to put new kind of combat but... FF7 FF8 Legend Of Dragoon etc That was Perfect .. Don't change that way to combat.
I want pure new Franchise, stories...  There's enough ******* shooters out there....... Think a little more about other type of game.

Its just my opinion but I hope I'm not the only one in the PLaystation community who desire some Good Rpg on this next-gen Console Smiley Happy

AGREED! But as seeing the past 10 years the RPG quality, IMO, has gone utter garbage and watered down repetitiveness.

Square USED to produced GREAT quality games, Chrono Cross #1, IMO.

As seeing how Enix joined with Square to form S-E the quality dropped off the face of the planet.

I think Deep Down looks like a rip off of Demons/Dark Souls but as FFX quality RPG I won't see that coming until LATE 2014 or Mid 2015. As Japan throws the same RPG elements into every game those'll be out in Japan soon, and more than likely will never see the light of day stateside.

Message 2 of 25 (1,155 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9603 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Yes. I agree. 

TmpFile.GIFtumblr_m9k1m3N0Ps1rn8mfwo1_500.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 25 (1,152 Views)
Wastelander
673 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Level 5 proved that they're still the king of RPGs with Ni No Kuni.

Let's hope they release something as equally stunning on the PS4 (a sequel to the aforementioned would be nice, as would sequels to Dark Chronicle, Rogue Galaxy and a new Dragon Quest!)
Message 4 of 25 (1,141 Views)
Last Guardian
11752 posts

Oct 31, 2013

It would be more than welcome to see some stellar RPG games in the future for console gaming. At this point, however, the PlayStation 4 doesn't have too many to speak of, at least none that really seem to capture the ideals of Japanese RPG greatness from games we might have enjoyed in a time passed.

Of the RPGs coming out for the PlayStation 4 at this time would include the likes of Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XV, Destiny, DC Universe Online, Dragon Age III: Inquisition, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Most of the RPG games being targeted for the system have an action and/or shooter blend of gameplay mechanics as opposed to the traditional fantasy settings gamers have encountered in the early days.

Square Enix used to be a consistent force with traditional Japanese RPG standards, but have since strayed from that path. Like Final Fantasy XIII before it the fifteenth chapter looks to be very prominent on the action side. Namco is one of few Japanese studios left that appear to be sticking to their old guns rather than crossing over into this darker territory. With the likes of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Eternal Sonata, and the Tales games under their belt, hopefully Namco will be able to sustain these sorts of playable trends into the coming generation. Even Sony partnered with Level-5 a couple of times to bring out such notable releases as Jeanne D'Arc and White Knight Chronicles, but haven't done much else in the way of RPGs during the PlayStation 3 generation.

Message 5 of 25 (1,128 Views)
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Oct 31, 2013

You're going to be pretty disappointed if you drop that $400 expecting a lot of turn based RPGs. There's a chance SQenix will remake FF7 & 9 but they're making them for mobile first.

I would recommend revisiting or hunting down most of the PS2 library. You couldn't have possibly played all the RPGs for that system.

Message 6 of 25 (1,119 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Malkavian_minds wrote:

Bring on Chrono Cross sequel made by the original team and leave out the high girly voices that all the lead male characters have in the new ff's

Message 7 of 25 (1,112 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

BillyOneironaut wrote:

You're going to be pretty disappointed if you drop that $400 expecting a lot of turn based RPGs. There's a chance SQenix will remake FF7 & 9 but they're making them for mobile first.

I would recommend revisiting or hunting down most of the PS2 library. You couldn't have possibly played all the RPGs for that system.

If you guys are into strategy JRPG check out the disgaea series (make sure you play it with Japenese voices because the english actors suck)

Message 8 of 25 (1,110 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Also check out The Guided Fate Paradox on Nov.5 made by the Disgaea team, for an extra dose of strategy RPG goodness!

"All of this has happened before and will happen again."
Message 9 of 25 (1,101 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Oct 31, 2013

wow I didn't even know about that...thanks for that

Message 10 of 25 (1,093 Views)
0 Likes