Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Re: PS4 Price and Launch

Feb 21, 2013
399 with a possible 450 price tag for the system with all the beels and whistles or bigger HDD. No way this launches in the 500- 600 dollar territoy. The PS3 already proved that that price range isn't viable for a console.
Message 11 of 15 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
209 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Couldn't agree more with the OP's suggested price for $400. Can't have a repeat of the infamous $599 spiel that Sony lost money on. Its just a better gamble, really, and with the smaller graphical leap and more familiar hardware, it shouldn't be a big feat to achieve.

Mainstream pricing is paramount. Does not have to match nintendo's, but it must be close enough to have some leaway, and be desirable for most gamers who are willing to go all in.

Message 12 of 15 (74 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the whole presentation because I had to go to class during the middle of it. From what I saw, everything was really cool.

I was hoping that they would have stated a price they are thinking about and a possible due date. But from what I have read on this post, they have not. If anyone does know anything "FOR SURE" please post it here or paste a link to a post from somebody at Sony giving a statement.

I will probably go back and watch the portion of the presentation I missed when I get a chance. Just the thought of the PS4 coming out this year is really exciting.

Proud Owner of PS3, PS Vita, Nintendo Wii and 3DS.
O... I also have a 360.
Message 13 of 15 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Feb 21, 2013

blu_7 wrote:

Couldn't agree more with the OP's suggested price for $400. Can't have a repeat of the infamous $599 spiel that Sony lost money on. Its just a better gamble, really, and with the smaller graphical leap and more familiar hardware, it shouldn't be a big feat to achieve.

Mainstream pricing is paramount. Does not have to match nintendo's, but it must be close enough to have some leaway, and be desirable for most gamers who are willing to go all in.

Agreed and I think the dynamic that most people miss is the simple fact that the majority of console gamers are signle console guys. With the effective end of third party exclusives and the fact that both the 720 and ps4 will be usng somewhat similar "off the shelf cpu parts" first party games and espicaslly pricing becomes far more paramount. The general consesnses that I gathered from my friends who vied the conference is that while the ps4 is a major step forward it isn't a huge graphical leap akin to the ps1-2 days and even more the HD era. I would expect the pricing of these systems to reflect that fact.

Message 14 of 15 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

There will be a $500 top-tier PS4.... no doubt about it. I mean hey... there isn't going to be another $600 console, but there will be a pricey top-level SKU

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 15 (52 Views)
0 Likes