First Son
15 posts

Re: PS4 Offline Status!

Oct 4, 2013

Sometimes I just want to play with randoms and not with friends.  I can do this on my 360 but can't on my ps3.  I know there's a glitch with the comments you can use but I'm really hoping that they have some setting for the ps4.

Message 11 of 37 (3,304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1646 posts

Oct 4, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

One feature that was never added on the PS3 was appearing offline to others while being online. Wouldn't it be good if this was finally added on the PS4?

i would like a log on hidden mode for sure!

Message 12 of 37 (3,297 Views)
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13560 posts

Oct 4, 2013

Of course, a cannon fodder revives another old thread. Ironically I remember this.  Smiley Very Happy

But hey, did anyone hear anything new about this?

Message 13 of 37 (3,291 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Well said Jag_Stilvecchio. Also sometimes you just not in the mood and don't want to be bothered or seem rude when you ignore invites, messages, etc. An "Appear Offline" option is sorely needed. Xbox Live has had it for years on 360 which is now considered last gen. So I don't see any reason for it not to be available on PS4. It's a great feature that I used often on my Xbox 360. No different than having the "Invite Only" option for party chats.

Sony, please add an "Appear Offline" option for PSN Id's!!

Message 14 of 37 (3,181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 3, 2013
I know this is old. But while searching if there is a way to appear offline on ps4 every website I see say you can't appear offline on ps3---- you can

Go to change your comment
Change keyboard to the triple touch- not the qwerty keyboard.
Hit dot (space) dot (space) dot (space) hit enter
. . . Enter It will change to look like this automatically . ..

Sign off and back on. Your friends list will not load but you will be online- and no one will see you on.
If you add me- let me know your from forum. I get a lot of request.
Message 15 of 37 (3,149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Dec 3, 2013

Closest thing I found was under settings on PS4, there is an area for settings for notifications and you can turn off various things including getting notices for messages. Worked wonders when I was getting spammed from a certain chat room I'm in. Smiley Very Happy

Personally, I used this feature on XBL when I'd play single player and wanted to hear the story or didn't want to get spammed with invites. It has it's uses. Though I'd usually use "Busy", which would allow for people to see I was online, but you wouldn't see notices for achievements, invites or messages. I used that so people would see that I'm still active, but maybe just playing some local coop with my boys and didn't want to be interrupted.

Message 16 of 37 (3,135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Dec 3, 2013
That's what I used it for on 360 and ps3. Certain times when playing campaigns it gets annoying when you get notifications. Ps4 so far has not been that bad though- been able to play black flag without hassle. Maybe the people who spammed me just have not switched lol
If you add me- let me know your from forum. I get a lot of request.
Message 17 of 37 (3,130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 16, 2014

There could be lots of reasons for wanting this, from simple ones such as...

Playing BF4 but only to try and do an assignment, so dont want friends jumping into my game as though im on and playing, im not really 'playing'

You have an annoying young nephew who everytime you sign on wants to start a party chat which he will invite all his friends to and wont take no for an answer.

Someone simply wants a relaxing few hours playing solo and doing his own thing without friends who insist on joining his game.

Now you could argue you could just insist to these people you dont want them playing with you on this occasion, but if your girlfriend asks you 'do I look fat in this dress?' do you reply 'yes, like a proper heffer' no, because you try to be more amiable.

Message 18 of 37 (2,980 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

Jan 16, 2014

Teus wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Who are you hiding from, friend?

some people like to appear offline because they dont want to be bothered by people

Then why add someone as a friend in the first place?

Message 19 of 37 (2,964 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jan 16, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

Teus wrote:

darknovaxp wrote:

Who are you hiding from, friend?

some people like to appear offline because they dont want to be bothered by people

Then why add someone as a friend in the first place?

I'll agree that an "appear offline" option is a really good idea, and further state that, for some single player experiences, I want to be immersed 100%, and involving my friends just isn't an option.  Simply turning off notifications isn't enough.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 20 of 37 (2,962 Views)
0 Likes