Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 6, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

I agree but....

I think it's time we give up, Sony are not listening, they do not care. They already have our money.

The only way they would listen is if people mass traded in PS4's and got XBOX One's instead. Otherwise without them losing anything they have no reason to do anything.

Ummmm Yeahhhhhh.. Ill remind you of this post when these features do come. Sony is aware of what we want. also if sony was take your money and run. We would not have any of the extra features we have on the PS3 in the first place. Just  cause we havnt got a massive update yet to give us what we ask for doesnt mean its not gonna happen. Or is this is the case you folllow?

Message 41 of 60 (210 Views)
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Mar 6, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Microsoft just released a second BIG OS update in which they detailed a month earlier, they  are now soon going to be previewing a third. One area the 360 blew PS3 away was the OS and how streamlined feature rich it was (You can change you ID lol for one).

Sony needs to up their game, they release no information or communication, never confirm what features they will be adding, or improvements they will be making. One reason some choose xbox over PS is the way better OS features MS is constantly adding. PSN is also is behind in features and how long sony takes to improve it.

And? M$ on 360 was behind because they pretty much didn't have an exclusive (compared to Sony) after like, 2010 not named Halo or Gears of War.

Why is sony so slow updating and improving the ps4 compared to the competition? Why do they never release any information saying here is waht's coming in our update soon, and look for feedback (MS even has OS betas).

Sony, don;t rest on your laurels because you are selling well now, complacency is what happened when the ps3 launched. Please do a better job communicating with your user base.

M$ has things they're behind on too. They both need to improve. Saying only Sony needs to is asinine.

Message 42 of 60 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2014

Dark days my friends, dark days.

P.S. Dark Souls II out next week ^____^

Message 43 of 60 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Mar 6, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

I agree but....

I think it's time we give up, Sony are not listening, they do not care. They already have our money.

The only way they would listen is if people mass traded in PS4's and got XBOX One's instead. Otherwise without them losing anything they have no reason to do anything.

But not really... they have our money for the console, which they barely break even on. The money to be made is based on future game sales, which they get money from on the licensing.

Right now I think they are running on "good faith" from the community, trust they built up from the past. But, that trust can quickly fade, and I personally think that a little bit of communication could go a long way to solidify that trust and reward the Sony faithful for said trust. 

I probably won't be trading in my PS4 -- but I know for sure I will eventually be getting an Xbox One as well. How Sony handles stuff like this will dictate where I will be buying my cross platform titles, and where I will be spending most of my money. Right now, I've completely bought in to the Sony ecosystem, but that can quickly shift if Sony ignores the community concerns and MS repairs their relationship with gamers.

Message 44 of 60 (178 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11248 posts

Mar 6, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

I agree but....

thats a garbage attitude, sorry, but it is.

going by that logic, the ps3 should've stayed the exact same throughout it's life cycle. did it? no, it did not. furthermore, there wer a few things implemented on the ps3 that came purely from the share.blog

they are listening *and* they are responding on issues, and working to get them fixed. apparently, they're just not doing it to some peoples' standards, which is their own problem, not sonys.

as far as i'm concerned, technical issues, which there are some, and 1 very big one with saves, take 100% priority over adding anything new.

they are doing exactly what they should be doing and that's ironing out launch issues and replacing defective launch units to make sure the people who have already bought into the ps4 are satisified. 

people, not directed at you, really need to stop the entitlement ,and think of others for a change. while some people may have their ps4 and are now crying about what it canand can't do, there are some of our fellow PS community members who don't even have a working console right now...

Message 45 of 60 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I agree but....

Ummmm Yeahhhhhh.. Ill remind you of this post when these features do come. Sony is aware of what we want. also if sony was take your money and run. We would not have any of the extra features we have on the PS3 in the first place. Just  cause we havnt got a massive update yet to give us what we ask for doesnt mean its not gonna happen. Or is this is the case you folllow?

Maybe a few weeks ago. I'd be in that category, now? I don't really care. I've abandoned all hope and faith in Sony. I'm expecting nothing.

But I seriously don't get where you are coming from, Where in my statement do I say that I want anything? I clearly say "I think it's time we give up"

Sony have a history of abandoning customers. The Vita says "Hi".

My statement was clearly more along the lines of an update wouldn't harm. Not a firmware update, a simple "Hey this will be ready within this timeframe".

Honestly. If I want anything. I want those CE=3480 or whatever they are called, error codes fixed. I get them occasionally, there are people who can barely even play a game for 10 minutes though. I'm classing myself as fortunate on this one. But seriously. No one should have to buy an expensive paperweight.

Trust me. I'm not wrong for wanting that error code fixed. Like as of November. You are wrong for not understanding it's importance.

Just now with errors left right and center isn't the time to be adding things. It's time to be fixing things.

Customers deserve to know when their console will work as a gaming console. The irony is I see plenty saying "We paid for a gaming console, it only does games, we got what we paid for" Yeah. good for you people, a lot of people didn't even get a fully functional gaming console.

Message 46 of 60 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
593 posts

Mar 7, 2014

BBurgSteve wrote:

From what I'm reading...  this update for the XB1 adds...

Cross game party chat, which the PS4 has had since launch.

Game streaming via Twitch, which the PS4 has had since launch.

Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, which the PS4 has had since launch (actually, the PS4 has had 7.1 audio since launch).

Seems to me, it is M$ that is in 'catch-up' mode.

the X1 has always had party chat, the new update just fixes some quarrels users had with it to return to the smoothness of The X360s party chat. it also adds twitch app that is apparently a lot better than the PS4s.

Message 47 of 60 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Mar 7, 2014
@Aureilia

Your posts look like the equivalent of a baby crying because it wants to be held.

I know that there will be updates coming to the ps4. I don't know if you honestly believe that not another update is coming, but I can guarantee you it is. There will also be new gases and updates coming for the Vita.

Did you sell your ps4 yet and buy an xbox one to send sony a message? How come?
Message 48 of 60 (126 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Its called voting with your wallet.

MS console isnt selling nearly as well as PS4.

This puts pressure on the bone to be more desirable.

Ps4 is exact opposite.  They selling faster then they can make them, they need to add a total of 0% to the console.

Sales are king, if sales are good you do nothing, if sales could improve you do something.

Dont buy the console sans features then complain you bought a console sans features!

This is called making your bed, now lie in it.

If you wanted this or that, you should have bought a product that did this or that.

To me a PS4 that only plays games is too expensive at $400.  If it did what the PS3 did, and played 1080p games it would be a steal.

I bought 60GB PS3 at $699 and it was a way better deal then the current PS4 at $400, IMHO.

But once games like Infamous and Witcher 3 come out it will be a better deal I think.

I dont want 7 devices in my entertainment stand to do the job the PS3 did, plus play 1080p games.

That was what was so great about PS3, it only did everything.  PS4 just makes (you) believe it does everything.

Thats why they changed the motto..

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 49 of 60 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: Sony keeping it's customers in the dark

Mar 7, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Out of all my post tha's all you got out of it?? That was just one example **bleep**, that was not even the point fo my post.....read.

The UI is cluttered and unorganized as is the whats new section which is  mess. I already have 5-6 games and the UI is a mess, that we cannot costomize at all, thigns just get added to the bar making it a mess.

No MP3

no DLNA

twitch streaming quality is poor

Dont get notified when friends log in

Just a few, there is a laundry list of fixes the OS needs.

The bigger part of my post was the total lack of communciation  as usual from Sony.

I thought all things on the XMB appeared in a single row?

That perfectly straight line is a mess you say?

What is it tab names that dont desibe whats within and every 3 outta 5 icons is an ad?  Oh wait that was another system, lol.

I think PS3 XMB is the best, most simple design, PS4 straight line I could see being a pain if you had a hundred or so icons for sure.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 50 of 60 (109 Views)
0 Likes