Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014

Other than not seeing your friends log in (which is annoying) I don't have a problem with anythign else PS4 is "lacking" for now.

I still have my PS3, I use that to watch movies. And it takes 5 seconds to switch between the two.

Also, if there is a big update to the OS, Sony does tell us in their blogs. All the little patches we've seen so far are just system stability improvements.

There are plans to add more things to the PS4. But for now it is a perfect gaming system, which is what most gamers want.

Message 21 of 60 (272 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: Sony keeping it's customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014

On the points of communication and patch notes, you can always read firmware patch notes for our systems here: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 22 of 60 (270 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Good post TEKNN someone has a brain afterall. sony is really bad at the OS updates (Ps3 barely changed over the years), and communicating to it's customers.

Message 23 of 60 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Not talking about patch notes......Sony has not even confirmed what changes they are even making, or if DLNA, MP3 or other things are confirmed to be coming.

Message 24 of 60 (251 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11668 posts

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Can't read? Miss the entire part about a lack of commuicatiom which was the main point? WOW, sont fans can;t read.

they do, just obviously not the way you want them to. update notes are available for every update. updates are posted on twitter and the blog when the update is ready. issues, especially big issues, like the game save issue, the wifi connection/headset issue, and now the party/invite issues have all been addressed by sony on their twitter. they basically said they are aware and are looking into it. what more do you want?

they can't give us info they themselves don't have. they have to recreate these bugs, find the problem, fix it, then test it before releasing a fix to us. that takes time.

i will agree that they could offer up a bit more information on what they might be working on, but, like another poster said, if they start making statements like that, people will then expect them to get it done and out to us asap. they might want to give us something, then find out it's technically not able to be done. then where do you think people will stand?

what if they say an update containing X comes out on X day, what hapens if there's a problem and they can't hit that date? then you;d be on here complaining that they don't have their crap together and can't meet a date...

"can't please everyone all of the time" really stands out here...

Message 25 of 60 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

So you have low standards? Just because its a game system doesnt mean the rest shoudl be poorly designed. Seriously ridiculous logic. Consoles stopped being only game devices in the ps2 days.

Sounds like you would of been more happy buying a Xbox one.... My fair opinion of both consoles is the ps4 is the Gamer machine where all you care about is games, games, games, games and maybe a show on Netflix. The xbox has the games but has the flair of an entertainment system

Message 26 of 60 (242 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Good post TEKNN someone has a brain afterall. sony is really bad at the OS updates (Ps3 barely changed over the years), and communicating to it's customers.

You might want to think about changing your tone, being antagonistic isn't exactly going to get you anywhere.  

As to your point on OS updates, I'm glad they didn't mess around with the XMB, I liked it quite a bit.  The store needed work, but the OS was fine.

PSN Card
Message 27 of 60 (237 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 5, 2014

The XMB was outdated in 2006, let alone now. PSN is also needing of a lot of improvements. These are the areas sony is simply not good at.

Message 28 of 60 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014
Uhm the 2 system updates the xb1 has gotten has added features the ps4 already had at launch.....
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 29 of 60 (218 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

The reason Microsoft releases update info is because the things contained in the updates for Xbox One were things that should've been in there in the first place. 

"THIS UPDATE LETS YOU MANAGE HDD SPACE!!!"

Gee, thanks Microsoft. Not like every console from the PS2 onwards didn't have that.

And if I recall correctly, the PS3 did tell you what was in the updates. This coming from someone who was primarily an Xbox player from 2006 onwards. I'd take the PS4's OS over Microsoft's 12 page dashboard, 11.5 pages of which consist of ads for Geico and the NFL.

Message 30 of 60 (214 Views)