Fender Bender
2980 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014
I am surprised by the lack of patience, that many adults seem to have today. Knowing when an update is coming will not make it come any sooner, and only opens up the possibility of it being late, further making people angry. Good things come to those who wait. Before you know it, you will be doing all kinds of thing on your PS4.

Even if everything you wanted fixed on the PS4 was fixed, there would still be people out there upset that the feature/s they want isn't/aren't on the PS4 yet.

I am looking forward to new features and different changes. At the same time, I know the people at Sony are working hard at getting the bugs fixed and the new features rolling out.
Message 11 of 60 (281 Views)
Fender Bender
3811 posts

Re: Sony keeping it's customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Should have known not to post this here, cannot have an objective discussion too many brainless fanboys who will say SOny is eprfect, cannot do anyn wrong... I love playstation too, but saying this is one area they dont need improvement is assinine.

I did agree with you in my post, but here you seem to want a one sided discussion?  Name calling is not a way to go about it. People have different opinions. Is it wrong that someone don't care for MP3 music on PS4. It would be a lot better if you explained you always loved to play Mp3's on your PS3 maybe you don't have another player and you would really like to see it on PS4. Don't you think that work a little better than the brainless fanboy comment you made.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 12 of 60 (274 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014

More communication would be nice.  The two things I feel the PS4 needs right now are:

1)  Organization options.  There aren't that many games right now so it's not a big deal, but as time goes on having a huge line of games is going to get more and more annoying.  I want my folders from the PS3 back.

2) Sleep mode.  This was mentioned a year ago when the system was announced but delayed when the PS4 came out.  Having kids and having to stop games at a moment's notice, this would be huge for me.

PSN Card
Message 13 of 60 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2664 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I only said somethng about the IDs cuz that was the only thing worth commenting about. But as far as friends popping on and off, if you had the max friends, whuch is 2000, it would get pretyy annoying seeing something pop up every second
Message 14 of 60 (250 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28822 posts

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Out of all my post tha's all you got out of it?? That was just one example **bleep**, that was not even the point fo my post.....read.

The UI is cluttered and unorganized as is the whats new section which is  mess. I already have 5-6 games and the UI is a mess, that we cannot costomize at all, thigns just get added to the bar making it a mess.

No MP3

no DLNA

twitch streaming quality is poor

Dont get notified when friends log in

Just a few, there is a laundry list of fixes the OS needs.

The bigger part of my post was the total lack of communciation  as usual from Sony.

He said it because changing your PSN ID was the only thing you mentioned SPECIFICALLY. Are we mind readers? How are we supposed to know what you're referring to? And all you're saying here are the same things that everyone else is saying.

If you want to be critical of Sony, that's fine, but WHAT are you being critical of? Saying they're keeping you "in the dark" doesn't tell me anything. You say there's a "laundry list", well what is it? Otherwise this amounts to "they just are".

Message 15 of 60 (245 Views)
VP of Gaming
28822 posts

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Should have known not to post this here, cannot have an objective discussion too many brainless fanboys who will say SOny is eprfect, cannot do anyn wrong... I love playstation too, but saying this is one area they dont need improvement is assinine.

It's because you're not DISCUSSING anything. You're just throwing things out there and expecting everyone to just agree with you. Nobody is saying Sony is perfect, but you have to do more than just spew the same talking points and engaging in name calling. That's not how "discussion" works.

Message 16 of 60 (240 Views)
MVP Support
13577 posts

Mar 5, 2014

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

It's because you're not DISCUSSING anything. You're just throwing things out there and expecting everyone to just agree with you. Nobody is saying Sony is perfect, but you have to do more than just spew the same talking points and engaging in name calling. That's not how "discussion" works.

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

But that's what he does.

*Posts thread about how Sony is not doing their job*

*Is a completely opinionated thread*

*Bashes anyone that doesn't agree with said opinion and calls them Sheep*

There's no point in posting a thread for "discussion" when there's only one side to it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 60 (229 Views)
MVP Support
6002 posts

Mar 5, 2014

Actually, I'm going to answer with a few questions if that is ok.

Would you like a schedule in what they are trying to improve and add?

If this is the case, what if they miss deadlines?

What if we get a BF4 situation where they are rushing to meet the deadline and bugs are there, is this ok?

Is it ok to brick consoles due to firmware / OS updates not QA'd long enough (remember PS3)?

Not saying you're wrong mind you, I too would like to see some sort of gameplan as well. Just some proposed food for thought above. If a schedule is provided but not able to be met due to time constraints, wouldn't that tick off more people than them putting out updates when they feel they are ready to go on their time clock? Is rushing to get things added but Bork's a couple consoles in the process worth it?

Maybe posting your thoughts in this thread may be more helpful as a high volume of people saying they want results is better than a single thread with a few? Just a suggestion btw...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/td-p/42442285

Message 18 of 60 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Mar 5, 2014
You're right, the best way to have a "discussion" in the forums is to immediately insult the entire community when someone disagrees with you. It's time for you to grow up.
Sony is not held accountable to gamers, sorry, but it's the truth. They are held accountable to shareholders. If the PS4 is selling like hotcakes, they are obviously not going to see a need to change their way of doing business. They are obviously going to add features and they don't ever have to tell you about it ahead of time. The fact that you are whining basically because you are impatient is just annoying and doesn't warrant an entire thread IMO. Enjoy the games, read the information that Sony DOES put out (they have commented on several features that are eventually coming), and have some patience. Otherwise, no one will be upset if you buy an XBOX One as well.
Message 19 of 60 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Mar 5, 2014

da1writer wrote:

Actually, I'm going to answer with a few questions if that is ok.

Would you like a schedule in what they are trying to improve and add?

If this is the case, what if they miss deadlines?

What if we get a BF4 situation where they are rushing to meet the deadline and bugs are there, is this ok?

Is it ok to brick consoles due to firmware / OS updates not QA'd long enough (remember PS3)?

Not saying you're wrong mind you, I too would like to see some sort of gameplan as well. Just some proposed food for thought above. If a schedule is provided but not able to be met due to time constraints, wouldn't that tick off more people than them putting out updates when they feel they are ready to go on their time clock? Is rushing to get things added but Bork's a couple consoles in the process worth it?

Maybe posting your thoughts in this thread may be more helpful as a high volume of people saying they want results is better than a single thread with a few? Just a suggestion btw...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/td-p/42442285

I agree that his posting could be phrased differently, not to mention he is building a reputation for only posting complaints...

However, I do agree that Sony could stand to communicate better. I was patient myself a month or two ago. I don't want a deadline or even a promise that they are going to fix something, but it would go a long way if they even just put together a vague "address" to the community and pointed out some things that they thought could use some improvement.

As an example, while it isn't a dealbreaker for me, and I do think the interface is "pretty", it is also terribly organized as you begin to pile up games. I'm the type that wants things to be in the same place, where I put them or at least where they are designed to go. Can't stand the icons that move about based on "recent access". As far as I can tell, Sony has zero plans to ever change this. But if they were to mention in an address that they saw it as an issue, then I would know that there was at least a chance that they would be doing something about it one day.

I think that's the major disconnect here. Sony seems to be guarding their information with the idea that if you "make no promises and you don't have to break any promises", but I think there is a place in between where they can at least let us know some of the things that they think could use some work.

Message 20 of 60 (224 Views)
0 Likes