Mar 05 2014
By: mastorofpuppetz Gaming Beast 2362 posts

PS4 OS Updates - Where Are They?

[ Edited ]
59 replies 850 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

Microsoft just released a second BIG OS update in which they detailed a month earlier, they  are now soon going to be previewing a third. One area the 360 blew PS3 away was the OS and how streamlined feature rich it was (You can change you ID lol for one).

Sony needs to up their game, they release no information or communication, never confirm what features they will bea dding, or improvements they will be making. One reason some choose xbox over PS is the way better OS features MS is constantly adding. PSN is also is behind in features and how long sony takes to improve it.

Why is sony so slow updating and improving the ps4 compared to the competition? Why do they never release any information saying here is waht's coming in our update soon, and look for feedback (MS even has OS betas).

Sony, don;t rest on your laurels because you are selling well now, complacency is what happened when the ps3 launched. Please do a better job communicating with your user base.

Message 1 of 60 (850 Views)
Survivor
2655 posts

Re: Sony keeping it's customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014
I dont see why changing you PSN name is so important. You should be careful as tomwhat you choose in the first place. Changing names will allow for a lot of trolls. And i rarely use the browser, Its a gaming system, it shouldnt need a great OS
Message 2 of 60 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

Out of all my post tha's all you got out of it?? That was just one example **bleep**, that was not even the point fo my post.....read.

The UI is cluttered and unorganized as is the whats new section which is  mess. I already have 5-6 games and the UI is a mess, that we cannot costomize at all, thigns just get added to the bar making it a mess.

No MP3

no DLNA

twitch streaming quality is poor

Dont get notified when friends log in

Just a few, there is a laundry list of fixes the OS needs.

The bigger part of my post was the total lack of communciation  as usual from Sony.

Message 3 of 60 (830 Views)
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I love sony because its does what i want it to do and it is playing games the other stuff is not a seller for me.
Message 4 of 60 (826 Views)
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Mar 5, 2014

So you have low standards? Just because its a game system doesnt mean the rest shoudl be poorly designed. Seriously ridiculous logic. Consoles stopped being only game devices in the ps2 days.

Message 5 of 60 (822 Views)
Fender Bender
3220 posts

Mar 5, 2014
Who cares it plays games and plays movies that all that really counts. It might low standards but really it does what it says.
Message 6 of 60 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3606 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014

I do agree with the communicating part I have not seen any patch notes! Every one comes out guessing as to what has been added or changed in each patch. I am not a Xbox One user so I am not sure of any of Microsoft's patches. Other than them adding streaming. Playstation had it day one. Yes it would be great if they posted on the Blog or rolled out a Patch notes with each update to the PS4.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My PS4 Games of 2016: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 SE, No Man's Sky SE. Also: PlayStation VR
Message 7 of 60 (809 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

Mar 5, 2014

"It does everything" that I need it to. Play games and blu rays. 360 STILL cant do either well. (With the exception for Gears 1, and Halo: Reach.)

Message 8 of 60 (790 Views)
MVP Support
10762 posts

Mar 5, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

So you have low standards? Just because its a game system doesnt mean the rest shoudl be poorly designed. Seriously ridiculous logic. Consoles stopped being only game devices in the ps2 days.

not to say i don't agree with some of your points. but, just because someone elses needs/wants are different than yours doesn't mean they "have low standards"...

the only thing missing that i'd like is the DLNA  stuff, and honestly, i don't really need that, seeing as my TV can stream too. i just don't like the music player UI on my TV very much. everything else that is missing can be done on my TV, or other devices that are already in my entertainment center. this doesn't mean i think these things are not needed, just that *i* don't need them as much as, say, you.

i did buy my ps4s to game specifically, i've just aready got everything else covered.

does that make me have "low standards" as well?

Message 9 of 60 (775 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Mar 5, 2014

I have no qualms with what we currently have but I would like to see some changes made.  I would like to be able to "pin" the tiles on the dash in a certain order.  I would like for them to make the record feature a bit more user friendly because as of now it is a bit inconsistent.  

I would like that pause/resume feature they showed last E3 as well.  Other than that, I'm fine with everything as is.

Message 10 of 60 (701 Views)
0 Likes