Lombax Warrior
131 posts

You cant change your PSN ID due to the way the system is...

Mar 7, 2014

You cant change your PSN ID due to the way the system is set up. They told me that. Xbox One runs off a trashy windows 8 style dashboard, how can you say its better? Who cares if it gets updated, its still an ugly microsoft design. The ps4 OS is perfectly fine right now. Most of their tech engineers are focused on PS Now atm thats why. They will get an update out soon. Just be patient.

PC & PS4 Gamer | Left the PCMR in 2016 | It's time to game.

XBL Gamer 1-3-09 to 2-17-12 / PSN 3-3-12 to Forever
Message 51 of 60 (230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: You cant change your PSN ID due to the way the system is...

Mar 7, 2014

Having recently switched to ps4 from xbox one i can say this interface in many ways is better then xbone. And i am not a playstation fanboy by any means, i know that they have many updates they need to work on, better optimizations and what not. but that said i dont think they need to announce it as much as just do.

I do think having a quick 2-4 second pop up showing a friend signing in is nice and should be updated. i actually like the layout though of the ps4. dont get me wrong i have and love windows 8  on my laptop, my phone, and have a zune (not windows 8 but whatever) so i do love microsoft and their products but.... xbox ones interface has been and is still riddled with so many glitches and problems i cant stand it. i love the layout of the "at times" live tiles and the customization features of that but lets get real. that only extends on the left portion of the screen and you are rarely if ever there to do more then search for your hulu tile.

The only thing i wish psn really would work on is increasing the ease of multiplayer / social settings (pop ups for friends, better microphone / group support). And it would be nice to be able to plug in my mp3 and have it replace the music in the background of games instead of having to stream music from sony station. Oh and a workout program (but thats just the fitness part of me and isnt actually needed just wanted)

Message 52 of 60 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: PS4 OS Updates - Where Are They?

Mar 7, 2014

Right where your money is, in Sony's pocket.

Next time buy a console that has features you want, not buy something you know is missing stuff and beg for it later.

It obviously wasnt important to you when you made the purchase, your vote has been cast sir.

Into thy bed thee has made for thy self, With haste!

I really wish people stood up for their consumer rights and thought about purchases before making them.

Because you couldnt wait for the features before buying, they may never come, how ironic, dont ya think?

You really think Sony is feeling pressure to change anything right now?  The PS4 is selling faster then they can make them, they are not feeling any pressure at all.

Wait for sales to slump, or bone to raise up, then Sony will start moving again.

Maybe Titan fall can give them that push if it sells lots of bones? 

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 53 of 60 (218 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Mar 7, 2014

Any company worth their salt with a long term approach to buisness will look not at the current sales figures but forecast and make decisions based on future sales figures. As you have said PS has captured the initial market and is making and pushing out ps's at a unexpected level but they also need to look 10 steps ahead and see what features, items, flashpoints will still keep the playstation selling to the masses after the novelty of a new gen system has worn off. Are there missing features that need to be added before those that made the switch to playstation put out bad press, are there features that are selling the xbone that will sell ps4's that wont hamper sales, etc.

With that its easy to see that yes Playstation at the moment doesn't "have" to do something but if they are smart, if their marketing director is smart enough to talk with and work with the programers then we will be seeing updates and changes to the system as we go. I would be surprised if the ps4 stays the same as it is now by december. oh i am sure it will function similarly and have a similar layout but the feature set will update, change and expand to equal, in some degree, what xbone has so the long term sales stay tilted to ps4.

They won the system specs, they won the initial graphics race, but they have a lot to improve and expand on if they want to stay on top for the entire cycle of this generation of consoles. making PS+ required for online play was a step toward financing the changes and updates now its just a matter of time before we see those profits put to use.

Message 54 of 60 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Mar 7, 2014

In case anyone miss out or someone already post a link about that...

http://www.examiner.com/article/sony-to-showoff-new-and-exciting-features-for-ps4-at-gdc

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 55 of 60 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Sony keeping it's customers in the dark

Mar 7, 2014

I agree with the PSN name thing. Sure it seems like they are throwing away money for not charging for this like Xbox does, but I also don't think this is a priority. On the other hand, the system update is a bit of a priority for some. I comepletely disagree with not needing a great OS on a next gen system. This OS should look great, be simple, and run quickly - and I think they have done all three things.

The problem is some of the details are missing. No mp3 support and no DNLA on launch is rediculous. They said that they were surprised that people would have wanted these features so much, but I think they were just rushing it out the door before finishing some of these smaller things. Not to say that I regret my purchase one bit, and I would rather them released it than waited for some of these fixes, but I don't understand how they could think that people wouldn't want to play or stream music/movies on their brand new system.

Message 56 of 60 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7155 posts

Re: You cant change your PSN ID due to the way the system is...

Mar 7, 2014

WackoDaSniper wrote:

You cant change your PSN ID due to the way the system is set up. They told me that. Xbox One runs off a trashy windows 8 style dashboard, how can you say its better? Who cares if it gets updated, its still an ugly microsoft design. The ps4 OS is perfectly fine right now. Most of their tech engineers are focused on PS Now atm thats why. They will get an update out soon. Just be patient.

When Sony first designed their User database they probably didn't take in to account of a user wanting to change their name.

MS most likely used ADUC (Active Directory) as a model which gave them experience in designing a user database that is capable of changing due to it being a REAL name user database. So when a user gets married it is fairly simple to change the user name.

In all honesty why would you even consider this in a gaming situation? It is an anonymous name so who cares?

Troll, flame or be offensive:Trolling and flaming is when you deliberately make offensive or provocative comments with the aim of upsetting another user or prompting an angry response from them.We will remove posts or threads which are found to be insulting, harassing, threatening or non-constructive and overly negative. We reserve the right to immediately delete any posting or suspend any user at our sole discretion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 57 of 60 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 7, 2014

My calendar is set. I can't wait to hear what they do. Hopefully they will come out with their VR headset and price it competitively with the Oculus Rift. I listened to a few people on a couple podcasts who said that they were able to demo one of these, and said that he walked in skeptical and walked out a believer of this technology.

Message 58 of 60 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Re: Sony keeping its customers in the dark

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

Evan297 wrote:
@Aureilia

Your posts look like the equivalent of a baby crying because it wants to be held.

I know that there will be updates coming to the ps4. I don't know if you honestly believe that not another update is coming, but I can guarantee you it is. There will also be new gases and updates coming for the Vita.

Did you sell your ps4 yet and buy an xbox one to send sony a message? How come?

No I already have an XBOX One and a PS4. There is no need for me to sell.

Once again though You are like a majority of people too stupid to read correctly.

If I'm whining then I'm doing it for the right reasons. You are all over me because I want error fixes?

Yeah I'll be first in line to wet myself laughing if your PS4 fails.

Usually if you are going to attack someone at least have a good reason. Since my reason is pretty much indestructable. Non functional consoles for consumers is unacceptable. Then you have no case.

Run along.

Message 59 of 60 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3898 posts

Mar 8, 2014

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Where-s-the-PS4-System-Software-Update-So...

Blazeking wrote:
They way this is going with gamers these days, Sony will have to put out firmware updates every 2-3 months to keep people happy. And even then they will say "Sony is putting out too many updates in a short time" [like for PS3] making them reduce the amount of updates published; which gamers complain about now.

Not too long after I made that post, a system update came. Fast forward to now (a month later), the cycle of "Where's the update" repeats. Honestly, we all know Sony doesn't like to announce features unless they're coming soon now. If they haven't announced something yet, most likely you will see public info at a trade show.

Message 60 of 60 (166 Views)
0 Likes