Jul 07 2013
By: Liquid_003 First Son 2 posts

PS4 Name Change

9 replies 4472 views Edited Jul 7, 2013

So, like many others I have been wondering if we will be able to change our Gamer Tag when if we get the PS4. I think it would be important to have that option as many gamers hadn't established their own unique gamertag when they first created an account. Obviously we have the option to start a new account, but others and myself as well have too much to lose from that. Many trophies, DLC, sub-accounts also involved. It's not like its impossible. IDK but I think it would be awesome.

Message 1 of 10 (4,472 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Re: PS4 Name Change

Jul 7, 2013

love to see an edit option

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 2 of 10 (4,471 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Way to many threads on this already, but maybe that could be a good thing and let Sony know this is something the community is interested in and would love. I honestly remade my PSN ID but I just bought it recently and had maybe like 10 trophies. Deffinetly a useful feature though.
 photo sig_zps8bd32844.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player (6/23/13)
Online/Co-op: Battlefield 3 - Saints Row 3 - Killzone 2&3 - LittleBigPlanet Racing - FFXIV [Beta]
Message 3 of 10 (4,446 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Kraine_ wrote:
Way to many threads on this already, but maybe that could be a good thing and let Sony know this is something the community is interested in and would love. I honestly remade my PSN ID but I just bought it recently and had maybe like 10 trophies. Deffinetly a useful feature though.

Yes and the answer to all of them is that it will not happen.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 4 of 10 (4,444 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Jul 7, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

Kraine_ wrote:

Yes and the answer to all of them is that it will not happen.

Seriously. It has been mentioned since launch. They obviously do not like the idea and there are tons of problems with it. 

One thing is it damages the community. Seriously, I have met tons of people on Steam, but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out who is who after just a couple weeks of not playing. They change their user every other day. Apply this to the PSN system and it is worse. On Steam, one can see their sign-in username and that helps identify. PSN uses an e-mail address. It would simply suck.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 5 of 10 (4,432 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jul 7, 2013
Yes finally!

Someone mentions that issue. Ive got over 30 steam friends i really liked. Sadly, they changed their names, almost all of them did.

If PSN allows this feature, you need to be allowed ONE name change. After that, no more.
Message 6 of 10 (4,417 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
240 posts

Jul 7, 2013

i think once a year or two and paying for it would be reasonable. they let you know when you create it that its unchangeable, so really shoulve thought about it allot harder. if we could change it there would be too many current fad names like dr who or dexter, yet in 2 years people may not be into it as much and want a change again. im in the middle with it all. id like it, then again i dont care. i dont think sony looks at these forums anyways from what  ive seen.

Message 7 of 10 (4,392 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1465 posts

Jul 8, 2013

charge to change! sounds fair to me

photo 4uxeSNX.jpgIn Me

Message 8 of 10 (4,383 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I don't mean make it to where you can change your name anytime, but to be able to update at least to something else. It has been like 6 or 7 years after all.

Message 9 of 10 (4,371 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
9851 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I'm sorry. My mistake.Smiley Surprised I thought this thread was going to be about changing the name of PS4. I would like Sony to change the name of PS4 back to "Orbis". That was the original name of PS4.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=orbistumblr_moto2j5F2W1rl6neno1_250.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 10 of 10 (4,370 Views)
0 Likes