Nov 18 2013
By: TJMVoyager Uncharted Territory 1668 posts

PS4 My Thoughts, Are We Really Moving Forward?

43 replies 829 views Edited Nov 18, 2013

Now I am not bashing, ranting, or anything, or putting anything down. But it seems that PS4 is a step backwards. Now don't get me wrong here, the PS4 has very powerful hardware inside capable of doing so much more then what Sony isn't allowing you (us) to do.

For 1, no 3D? Hmmmm, well we all know it was announced but however, we can still buy 3D movies at the PSN store? Oh wait that's what PS3 is for. Smiley Happy

Then I learn you cannot stream from devices onto your PS4? Really? I don't know why we can't do that now Smiley Very Happy

Last but not least, no Playstation Home? o.O

Now I know most of this Sony pointed out, but with all do respect, Sony wanted to make this innovative, to compete with Xbox One, and PC.

Now I don't know what direction there heading into, Gaming or the ultimate multimedia console?

If its Multimedia then why take away features that do with multimedia such as streaming, and 3D? Either make it a solid Gaming system or don't.

If you want to beat the competition, then do it right, I feel as if they have taken a step back a bit rather then moving forward, I don't know what there model is here, or if they again, have a sense of direction where PS4 is headed. Yes we can all agree technology is changing every day and then some.

But we can also agree one must keep up with the times, and the newest, greatest things out there.

Here we have a very powerful console with PC specs, and coming from a PC Tech such as myself, I was happy to see finally after the years PS4 moved forward hardware wise.

But I feel that the PS4 is so much capable of doing more and it seems that Sony is holding back the PS4 with a leash and not allowing what could be ground breaking.

So Sony, make it right, do it right, either make it a gaming or a multimedia console, give the community what they want, but don't advertise the ultimate multimedia console with no multimedia features as I pointed out. Smiley Happy

Leave your comments, but keep it clean, I am not here to bash, nor rant on anyone or anything, this is just my thoughts, I love PS3/4 and my dedication remains the same, If your like me and want to see more happen, because I believe there is more potential for the PS4 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 44 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: PS4 My Thoughts, Are We Really Moving Forward?

Nov 18, 2013

Very fair criticism but remember this is only day 3 of what is more then likely a 10 year process. You won't see everything from the start but over time their will be changes made it is only a matter of time. The ps4 is powerful enough to great things and outside of the hiccup of some faulty playstations it will rebound. It won't be for another year or 2 before you see innovative things I believe.

Message 2 of 44 (802 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Nov 18, 2013
I think you're mistaking the xbone and ps4 info. Cause I really didn't see much advertising for this console to be a all in one media center or anything. Kind of the reason I bought it... For gaming... I myself think the stupid social media, streaming and share button are way too much for me. Useless crap I don't need as with the other mentioned stuff. But as already said, later on down the road they will probably allow more features.
Message 3 of 44 (788 Views)
I Only Post Everything
789 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Like you said, we knew all of this in advance, but why release such an unfinished product. If the PS4 is anything, it is certainly unfinished. The lack of MP3s doesn't bother me at all, but the lack of 3D support is pretty facepalm worthy. I'm not trying to rip on the PS4 at all, but some things make me shake my head.

Of course all of these issues will be taken care of with patches, but why does that need to occur in the first place. There must have been some unforeseen setbacks.

The same could be said of the current gen consoles though too. It took years to polish them, and, although they are dated, you can't deny the shine on the PS3 (except for all the game freezes, my 360 never gave me half the trouble my slim does).

I suppose it isn't that big of deal over the lifetime of the console. I was really envious of those who preordered, but not really anymore. I'm glad I could avoid some (not all) frustration this weekend when it comes to PlayStation.
Permanently left the PS Forums because of a trolling MVP and poor moderation.
Message 4 of 44 (730 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Nov 18, 2013
I cant believe the amount of people complaining about 3d support. 3d is a failure, cant believe people watch that stuff.
Message 5 of 44 (718 Views)
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Their will be criticism for anything and everything. With the playstation 4 on the fritz people will shout to the heavens how much sony has wronged them and such and such. As I already said this a product made for years so some of the things you don't have now you will have in the future. Despite this being the newest console doesn't mean it is going to have everything off the jump. 

Message 6 of 44 (681 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10845 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

awtacular wrote:
I think you're mistaking the xbone and ps4 info. Cause I really didn't see much advertising for this console to be a all in one media center or anything. Kind of the reason I bought it... For gaming... I myself think the stupid social media, streaming and share button are way too much for me. Useless crap I don't need as with the other mentioned stuff. But as already said, later on down the road they will probably allow more features.

This is exactly how I feel. I dont even have a facebook.

Nowitzki41MFFL wrote:
I cant believe the amount of people complaining about 3d support. 3d is a failure, cant believe people watch that stuff.

Agreed. Its for 4 year olds IMHO.

Message 7 of 44 (677 Views)
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Nov 18, 2013
My biggest issue is the lack of a game invite system in psn
Message 8 of 44 (648 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Nov 18, 2013

PhDChaos wrote:
Like you said, we knew all of this in advance, but why release such an unfinished product. If the PS4 is anything, it is certainly unfinished. The lack of MP3s doesn't bother me at all, but the lack of 3D support is pretty facepalm worthy. I'm not trying to rip on the PS4 at all, but some things make me shake my head.

Of course all of these issues will be taken care of with patches, but why does that need to occur in the first place. There must have been some unforeseen setbacks.

The same could be said of the current gen consoles though too. It took years to polish them, and, although they are dated, you can't deny the shine on the PS3 (except for all the game freezes, my 360 never gave me half the trouble my slim does).

I suppose it isn't that big of deal over the lifetime of the console. I was really envious of those who preordered, but not really anymore. I'm glad I could avoid some (not all) frustration this weekend when it comes to PlayStation.

Because, Sony is thinking of one thing $$$, Sony isn't the only ones that does this though, but most companies quickly push a product out to fast. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 44 (645 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Video games and systems these days ALWAYS launch half baked. It is just the nature of the beast. Sony could've speant another 6-12 months perfecting the software and adding all these features in, but why not release with just enough features to satisfy us, and than work on the rest of the software and update through patches? It is just how it will work from now on. Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are all doing it.

What I would say is everyone just enjoy their purchase and be patient with the features that should be included, they will come. I am loving it so far Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 44 (618 Views)
0 Likes