Jun 30 2013
By: X_hitman_bonez_X First Son 1 posts

PS4 Mouse and Keyboard

3 replies 1260 views Edited Jun 30, 2013

I was wondering if anyone has any information on whether or not the PS4 will allow the use of a Mouse and Keyboard for navigation or if they are going to allow third party companies to make and sell the adapters some people use. I don't want to use them myself as I feel it ruins online play and the spirit of console gaming but I was just wondering if Sony is even going to allow it. I hope they don't, but it is something that they have allowed in the past.

Message 1 of 4 (1,260 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8191 posts

Re: PS4 Mouse and Keyboard

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

I am sure they will, and I am sure it will be just like it is for the PS3 via USB. It doesn't ruin the spirit of console gaming. Some people can't use controllers due to hand injuries.

Welcome to the Forums!

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 2 of 4 (1,258 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11597 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

The PS3 already allows for Mouse and Keyboard support.  It is supported natively in the XMB, but it is up to the developers of games as to implement it in games.  Dust 514 supports Mouse and Keyboard natively, without control lag.  There are some older games that do, as well, but I can't remember off hand which ones (Unreal Tournament comes to mind, but I'm not sure).

I'm pretty sure the PS4 will be no different, and in fact, I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that Sony is 'encouraging' developers to implement it, but not forcing it.

As for what keyboard/mouse is best (or even compatible), ANY USB (wired or wireless) KB/M will work, and MOST Bluetooth devices will work.

Message 3 of 4 (1,227 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29616 posts

Jun 30, 2013

It's not up to Sony to "allow th euse of a mouse and keyboard", it's up to the, say it with me kids, INDVIDUAL DEVELOPERS. And for some games it's a complete waste of time and effort to implement.

Message 4 of 4 (1,221 Views)
0 Likes