Sep 21 2013
By: jjangel First Son 3 posts

PS4 MANUFACTURING DEFECTS

45 replies 1513 views Edited Sep 21, 2013

My concern with the PS4, that's the same problem the PS3. I bought my first PS3 at launch and he gave faulty, lost device, will the same happen with the PS4?

Message 1 of 46 (1,513 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2918 posts

Re: PS4 MANUFACTURING DEFECTS

Sep 21, 2013

Moved from "PS Forum Support". Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 46 (1,493 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 21, 2013
I'm sorry, anyone here would know how?
Message 3 of 46 (1,481 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Sep 21, 2013

There could be problems, yes, as with any electronic device... but as far as a wide-spread problem? Unlikely.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 46 (1,475 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Sep 21, 2013

Setzaroth I agree.

Sony is putting the PS4 through real world conditions.

I'm sure they are blocking vents to reduce air flow. Playing units for massive amounts of hours under

Strenuous conditions, multi tasking, downloading, music, chat, intense graphical elements all at the same time.

In essence trying to find the breaking point.

The old saying, "Your only as strong as the weakest link".

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 5 of 46 (1,464 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4977 posts

Sep 21, 2013

jjangel wrote:

My concern with the PS4, that's the same problem the PS3. I bought my first PS3 at launch and he gave faulty, lost device, will the same happen with the PS4?

That's why I'm waiting for the inevitable PS4 slim model (probably will come out 2-3 years after release). There will be a wider selection of games, major issues will be ironed out , and it will probably have a price cut by then (although I don't have any problem paying $399 for a PS4), and I also think slim consoles look better (and they take up less space).

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 6 of 46 (1,461 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14263 posts

Sep 22, 2013

The weird thing is apparently the fat PS3's had a lot of issues.

Yet I've only owned slims that have broken down on me.

The fat launch PS3 I have is still working while I've had two Blu Ray Drive failures on slims.

Message 7 of 46 (1,419 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
21008 posts

Sep 22, 2013

Because the heating issue was the major issue that the PS3 had.   I feel that the PS4 will NOT have a heating issue, because it will be a problem that they looked into from the start.

No, the PS4, will have some other kind of defect.    although whatever it is will still have a very low occurance rate.

Message 8 of 46 (1,383 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Sep 22, 2013
how is anyone suppose to know this? the console isn't even out yet.. let it come out then ask this question
Message 9 of 46 (1,345 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2013

Reason why some PS3's had over heating issues is b/c they get filled with dust. I know this does not count for launch systems but how many of you have actually opened up your PS3 and cleaned it out? The amount of crap and dust inside of my system was a shock, I'm really surprised it had not over heated or probably would have soon. It has nothing to do with how well it is ventilated b/c over time dust and all that will make its way into the system regardless. Once my warranty is up on my PS4 I'm going to look up how to take it apart and clean it out to prevent future issues.

As far as launch system failures yes there will be some. It is an electronic device and no device can be made with 0% failure rate at launch. I'm sure there are people out there now that are having problems with the new iphone 5S as well. That's why products come with a warranty so you can get it fixed or replaced in that time frame and after the warranty is out you take the preventive measures like the ones I talked about above. 

I'm not concerned about it at all. I've been very lucky with electronics and not having issues. No console has ever broken on me ( PS1, PS2, PS3) and I still have a PS3 fatty. The only time I've had an issue is when my new 3D TV stopped working and I had to have one of the chip boards replaced in the back but it was under warranty regardless. My TV had great reviews, worked fine for  2 months and then one day would not turn on. That's just how it goes. Would I buy another LG TV again? Of course I would same thing could have happened with Samsung, Sony, Panasonic exc exc.. 

I for one am not going to wait to get a PS4 just for them to work out issues ( even if there were any ) and waiting for a slim is no guarantee that you wont have issues with one of those. Like I said before all electronic devices can have issues, it does not matter when it was released and what revisions have been made. I'm not going to miss out on a bunch of games just to wait to buy the system. Id rather have the system and play the games as they come out VS. having all the games out I want to play and the system out but waiting and then having to play catch up with all the games I missed previously and playing all that are currently out at that time. Waiting to buy a PS4 b/c of possible failures is the dumbest reason I have heard. Its not like you eat the cost of it, its under warranty and once that's out just do what you can to prolong the life of your system. 

Message 10 of 46 (1,273 Views)