Last Guardian
12011 posts

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Feb 2, 2014
That seems fishy to me if you traded it in before you even got the ps4 then how did it end up in the library..l something tells me your not telling the truth..

>

Message 41 of 121 (1,947 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 14, 2014
He probably did the same as me, I downloaded the free Christmas Themed Gun Skin DLC before I got the game incase it a limited time thing. I now can't get rid of COD : Ghosts from my Library because I downloaded that before I had the game. Odd thing is is that there is no Art or Product Name shown on the tile, it just says "Add-on - 1" or something similar in an otherwise empty tile that I will be stuck with forever.
Message 42 of 121 (1,800 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 14, 2014
The URL for the picture I put on twitter of what it looks like is here :

http://twitter.com/Adoriann/status/443741665237274625/photo/1
Message 43 of 121 (1,799 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2014

I agree and hope in the next patch they add this option.  Make it the same as storage where we press options to pull up the option.  It is mostly needed for demos since we will get a lot of clutter in the library with that option.  Overall the interface is nice but needs some tweaking. 

It would also be nice in a future patch to add a sort option plus folder to make it easy to find.  This folder option could be something automatic, like games, demos and addons folders or allow uses control to add them.

Thank you Sony looking into adding these request.  Sure you are glad to see our feedback to make a well done console even better.  Just do not want it over sized, like Xbox One's.  .

Message 44 of 121 (1,748 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Mar 25, 2014

ElektroDragon wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ElektroDragon wrote:

It needs fixed.  It clutters the Library section to have deleted items still clogging it up.

Did you attempt any of the solutions presented before you posted this reply?

There were no solutions.  I downloaded some demos and free games, COMPLETELY removed them from my console (yes, from the menu, AND from the storage/saves sections), and they still appear in the Library section.   I want a way to remove them from the Library section because it should act like an actual Library of your current titles, not just a download history.

The library does exactly what it was designed to do as the way Sony designed it. Stop whining b/c the library does not do what you want it to do, does not work that way.

Message 45 of 121 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 20, 2014

same thing with me. actually freezes up my console if you accidentally click on it.

Message 46 of 121 (1,630 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Apr 20, 2014
To the OP, the library is just a download history. I agree it's strange that demos would need to be displayed there but it makes redownloading content easier than browsing the ps store just to find something.

But why does it bother you? I haven't browsed the "library" since the first week I had the console.
Message 47 of 121 (1,624 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
555 posts

Apr 30, 2014

I agree with the OP there should of already been an option to delete library games you no longer care to redownload...I downloaded Blacklight(terrible lag and the only game that lags that bad on multiplayer through X1 or ps4...removed immediately but now have to see it everytime I go to my library...lame...same with DC Universe, Pinball Arcade, and Warframe...all games Im not going to redownload so why force me to see them everytime i try to go to my games library?  Another thing I will state is that its pretty absurd that the games just show up in a long line on your ps4 home menu...there should be a "games" category that you can click on and go in and select your games...sure you could have a "pin to home" for those few games you plan on playing over and over but for every game you install to be on home..well this could get cluttered pretty quick...they may want to turn on an X1 and see how user friendly menus make things less cluttered.  

Message 48 of 121 (1,565 Views)
Monster Hunter
44 posts

May 4, 2014

I think you guys misunderstand the issue ...   The library shouldn't be a download list neither should it be only showing games currently on the system. The library should show ALL games and content that I have bought. And I shouldn't be able to delete what I paid for. So it kinda functions as a download list. BUT, demos, free, promotional etc stuff should all be deletable! The same goes for the PSv download list. I get endlessly annoyed by the fact that I cannot try demos without having them permanently in my download list cluttering up an already far too long download list. Sometimes it doens't even indicate that it's a demo or full game etc.

That's why I haven't tried a single demo on PSV or PS4 .. I only tried the Destiny of spirits beta.. and now I regret it because the BETA is long gone, yet I still have it in my download list .. a completely useless link to a beta that doesn't work anymore.

I just found out that COD has a demo this weekend (which is almost hidden in the store for some reason and nearly impossible to find, if it wasn't for neogaf I wouldn't have known)  I want to try the demo to see if I will like it .. but that means when the demo ends I will for ever have the cod ghost image in my library among all the stuf I bought and my PS+ games. The demo won't work anymore, so I will be left with a completely useless link again ..

Sony REALLY needs to sort this out ... give us catagories "contenttype, Instant game collection" etc and give us the option to delete any free demos etc (but not games from the PS+ IGC of course)

Message 49 of 121 (1,531 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jun 14, 2014

yes!!!!

i need this to be implenmented now!

i hate seeing games that are technically not longer in my system (esp those awful demos or free games from PS+) still in my lib!

i need them out!

Please make this an option!!!!!

Message 50 of 121 (1,392 Views)