Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/22/2007
Offline
367 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Dec 12, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ElektroDragon wrote:

So I tried a demo for a terrible game (Tiny Brains) and now its permanently stuck showing in my Library.

 

This is disgraceful.  Sony please fix this in the next update so we can delete or at least hide items from the Library that are no longer on our systems!!!!


I know you got your answer already but for everyone reading, in the future, always check this out when you have this kind of problem http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/index.html


NO, I did NOT get my answer.. You people have SERIOUS reading comprehension issues, and some of you are downright nasty to boot.

Message 21 of 121 (32,323 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/22/2007
Offline
367 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ElektroDragon wrote:

It needs fixed.  It clutters the Library section to have deleted items still clogging it up.


Did you attempt any of the solutions presented before you posted this reply?


There were no solutions.  I downloaded some demos and free games, COMPLETELY removed them from my console (yes, from the menu, AND from the storage/saves sections), and they still appear in the Library section.   I want a way to remove them from the Library section because it should act like an actual Library of your current titles, not just a download history.

Message 22 of 121 (32,317 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Dec 12, 2013

ElektroDragon wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

ElektroDragon wrote:

It needs fixed.  It clutters the Library section to have deleted items still clogging it up.


Did you attempt any of the solutions presented before you posted this reply?


There were no solutions.  I downloaded some demos and free games, COMPLETELY removed them from my console, and they still appear in the Library section.   I want a way to remove them from the Library section because it should act like an actual Library of your current titles, not just a download history.


Actually, there were a few ideas (among them, deleting the data manually in the system management section of the settings) that may alleviate the issue until a legitimate fix is found.

 

I'm not suggesting that your issue is invalid, by any means.  I'm simply focused on finding something that works now, until it is fixed.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 23 of 121 (32,309 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
55461 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Dec 12, 2013

ElektroDragon wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

ElektroDragon wrote:

So I tried a demo for a terrible game (Tiny Brains) and now its permanently stuck showing in my Library.

 

This is disgraceful.  Sony please fix this in the next update so we can delete or at least hide items from the Library that are no longer on our systems!!!!


I know you got your answer already but for everyone reading, in the future, always check this out when you have this kind of problem http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/index.html


NO, I did NOT get my answer.. You people have SERIOUS reading comprehension issues, and some of you are downright nasty to boot.


Maybe I am recalling this wrong, however, when I deleted COD Ghosts off the PS4 it took the DLC for it out of my library as well.  

I'll double check that when I get home just to verify that it did indeed come off.  This sounds like an issue for the list if it did not though http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-Update-Wishlist/td-p/42442285/jump-to...

 

 

On a side note don't adress me like that again.  Thanks in advance.

 

 

Message 24 of 121 (32,308 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/22/2007
Offline
367 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Dec 12, 2013
I thank the MVPs who are trying to assist. My anger was directed to the user who called me an idiot when they obviously had zero understanding of what I was talking about.

I will reiterate if you download a demo or free game ONLY, you will be left with a link to download it again in your Library with no way to remove this link. And yes I already tried to delete data manually in the system store management and application saved data sections, NO DATA was left over for any of the games still appearing. And yes, I looked under Other.

Retail games can be deleted without issue from the library. It's only downloadable games that have this issue. Try to delete a demo or free game from your Library. You can not. That's all there is to it.

Example games with this problem: Trine, Tiny Brains, Blacklight Retribution.

Again, the Library is acting like a Download History instead of an actual Library of what is on the system. The section needs renamed or better management features need to be added.

Simple as that.
Message 25 of 121 (32,302 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5477 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2013

ElektroDragon wrote:
I thank the MVPs who are trying to assist. My anger was directed to the user who called me an idiot when they obviously had zero understanding of what I was talking about.

I will reiterate if you download a demo or free game ONLY, you will be left with a link to download it again in your Library with no way to remove this link. And yes I already tried to delete data manually in the system store management and application saved data sections, NO DATA was left over for any of the games still appearing. And yes, I looked under Other.

Retail games can be deleted without issue from the library. It's only downloadable games that have this issue. Try to delete a demo or free game from your Library. You can not. That's all there is to it.

Example games with this problem: Trine, Tiny Brains, Blacklight Retribution.

Again, the Library is acting like a Download History instead of an actual Library of what is on the system. The section needs renamed or better management features need to be added.

Simple as that.

Noted. Smiley Happy  Thanks for keeping a level head.

 

EDIT/ADDITIONAL:

 

Thought: why not retain the "Library" moniker, and have an option to switch views from "installed" to "all-time" ?  Voila.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 26 of 121 (32,293 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 06/20/2005
Offline
715 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Dec 12, 2013
Bottom line is it's a download list for ps4 content. We couldn't delete items from our download list. It's a convenient way to find and redownload titles you may have deleted to free up space for other games. It's a lot better then scrolling down a long download list like on ps3. It may not seem that great now but as more content is made and purchased this feature will be more useful. This is something the ps3 needed forever.
Message 27 of 121 (32,290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 12/21/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

ElektroDragon, is correct once a demo, app, or what ever is deleted from your system the deleted item is still reflected in the PS4 library.
Once a game or app is deleted the icon in the lower right hand corner will change to a down arrow indicating you can download the item again.

At present there is no way to delete or at a minimum prevent these items from being displayed.

Additionally the options button will only display legal and user information from within the library.

 

Sal Romano covers this and a few other UI issues in his November 20, 2013 posting on http://gematsu.com/.

 

Reference: Things that bug me about the PlayStation 4 UI
http://gematsu.com/2013/11/things-that-bug-me-about-the-playstation-4-ui

Message 28 of 121 (32,167 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
12009 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Jan 10, 2014
@darkforcegod while what you suggest will remove the game from the hard drive, it will not remove it from the library.. The library as others stated serves as your download history much like the download list the ps3 has.. It gives easy access to titles that you have deleted but want to reinstall so you can play it again..
>

Message 29 of 121 (32,156 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
12009 posts
 

Re: PS4 Library deletion options NOW!

Jan 10, 2014
I agree maybe there could be options to sort it so that games you no longer have on the hd is on the bottom of the list..
>

Message 30 of 121 (32,157 Views)