Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: snipes_mc-gee16 First Son 1 posts

PS4 Launch

8 replies 111 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I'm pretty excited to see what Sony can do with the PS4, I think their on the right track and can really hit this one out of the park, but I also think that they need to do some big things to create the hype and buzz prior to the launch.  I would love to see a big grand unveiling and block party or something.  What sort of things do you think Sony should do to get us the consumers excited for the PS4 through events and promotional ideas?

Message 1 of 9 (111 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14456 posts

Re: PS4 Launch

Apr 17, 2013

snipes_mc-gee16 wrote:

I'm pretty excited to see what Sony can do with the PS4, I think their on the right track and can really hit this one out of the park, but I also think that they need to do some big things to create the hype and buzz prior to the launch.  I would love to see a big grand unveiling and block party or something.  What sort of things do you think Sony should do to get us the consumers excited for the PS4 through events and promotional ideas?

They can give me one for free.  I promise that I will be very excited! Smiley Very Happy

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community Forum.

I would not mind a free one either.Smiley Very Happy

Moble

Message 3 of 9 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 17, 2013

You guys have a good idea here.

Free to play consoles!!!

Then subscription based game catalog!!  (Maybe $15/month and you choose 2-3 games each month to play from the entire library)

Pay for extra controllers, and to increase games available per month!

Can download like netflix or receive games in mail like gamefly.

I would get one no question.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 4 of 9 (95 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1020 posts

Apr 17, 2013
Too much loss up front. Unless it was done like phones/cable service with a lock in contract
Message 5 of 9 (92 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Isn't that what Xbox is doing?

$500 for the new console, $300 for the console + a subscription thingy?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 9 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Apr 17, 2013

vfr_800_rider wrote:

snipes_mc-gee16 wrote:

They can give me one for free.  I promise that I will be very excited! Smiley Very Happy

not a bad idea i'd gladly take one for free and use the money i was gonna spend on it for games and another controller

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 7 of 9 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10903 posts

Apr 17, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

Isn't that what Xbox is doing?

$500 for the new console, $300 for the console + a subscription thingy?

For the 360 it's like $200 for the console straight up; $99 w/3 year XBL gold subscription contract...  At least, that's the last I heard about it... not sure they are still doing that with the next generation upon us, though.  Haven't heard anything about that for the NextBox, since M$ hasn't released anything official about it, yet.

Message 8 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I think they are in a really good spot with the PS4, it has practically dominated next-gen mind share. We still know nothing about the next Xbox, absolutely nothing. I think E3 is going to be really interesting, like always Microsoft will most likely come out and show their next console, they will have all the specs and stuff, and a few games then that will be it. Hopefully Sony just shows offa few more console features then fcuses on games the entire time, followed by a price and release date (or at least window).

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 9 of 9 (54 Views)
0 Likes