Jan 27 2014
By: HotGrille First Son 1 posts

PS4 Home Screen... Sony Please Take Note.

14 replies 406 views Edited Jan 27, 2014

It's an abomination.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  Instead of everything having there own categories, like Games, Apps, etc.  it's all one big ball of mush.  Lets take the Library, again no categories.  If that's not bad enough, previously installed demos still appear and cannot be deleted, even though you don't have them anymore.  Why, Sony?!

This is where the XBOX shines by comparison.  It's so polished and organized.  I ask you Sony, to please revamp your Home page and subsequent screens.  They should be reworked from the ground up.  Whoever created this mess (looks like a 2nd grader could have done it), should be fired.  Bring in some pros, maybe get someone from the Xbox team to show you how it's done.

Bottom line... Sony, please address this situation.

Message 1 of 15 (406 Views)
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Re: PS4 Home Screen... Sony Please Take Note.

Jan 27, 2014
The Xbox 1 isn't well organized ether. Its just a bunch of tiles on the screen. Games, apps, and ads are all scattered throught the interface. But the PlayStation 4 interface could be a little better with sections. Over time after have a bunch of games and apps it will look like a complete mess.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 2 of 15 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jan 27, 2014

I don't think it is terrible. Granted it does need a little more polish, but it is decent. Some of the changes you mentioned would help I would agree, the catagories especially. 

Message 3 of 15 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13058 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Did he really just call the xbox ui clean and polished? LOL. LOL at you sir. You've probably never seen an xbox 1 in your life
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 4 of 15 (387 Views)
MVP Support
39135 posts

Jan 27, 2014

First post, can't decide of this is another troll post by someone being paid by MS lol or just another pointless PS4 vs XBOX One post, either way I'm not sure i care too much!

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 5 of 15 (375 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Don't deny it, friend's, the Xbox One obviously has the better UI by default. It's styled after Windows 8's Start Screen after all.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 6 of 15 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5877 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Lol, adapt op. Having been with Xbox since it's launch, the simple home screen on the PS4 is just one of the reasons I switched to PS4. It's clean and simple, not a cluster **bleep** like MS has done over the years and I might add what Sony is doing to these forums. To me the NXE has been garbage since MS introduced it on the 360.
Message 7 of 15 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3344 posts

Jan 27, 2014

HotGrille wrote:

It's an abomination.  There is no rhyme or reason to it.  Instead of everything having there own categories, like Games, Apps, etc.  it's all one big ball of mush.  Lets take the Library, again no categories.  If that's not bad enough, previously installed demos still appear and cannot be deleted, even though you don't have them anymore.  Why, Sony?!

This is where the XBOX shines by comparison.  It's so polished and organized.  I ask you Sony, to please revamp your Home page and subsequent screens.  They should be reworked from the ground up.  Whoever created this mess (looks like a 2nd grader could have done it), should be fired.  Bring in some pros, maybe get someone from the Xbox team to show you how it's done.

Bottom line... Sony, please address this situation.

You must be referring to Xbox 360 and not Xbox One, which is a big ball of jumbled apps sorted by most recently used, as well. 

Message 8 of 15 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 27, 2014

My PS4 UI is much easier to nagivate then XboxOne (without Kinect)

i literally do not use my controller to go through the UI because it just looks like a pile of poop that was mashed together.

Pins? are they serious? LOL

P.S. I have both XboxOne Day1 and PS4 Day 1

I love my PS4 it's my GO TO Gaming machine.

I like my XboxOne it's my GO TO watch streams while i am on my PC or getting ready for bed + Exclusives so i am not limited only to PS4 exclusives.

Message 9 of 15 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Jan 27, 2014
When they changed the forums they should have split it up into different complaint sections. One for how bad the controller is, how few games there are, how people can't use their headset yet, people waiting for the update. These seem to be common enough threads.
Message 10 of 15 (309 Views)
0 Likes