Reply
Feb 21 2013
By: Spartan9199 Lombax Warrior 129 posts
Offline

PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

24 replies 8356 views Edited Feb 21, 2013

I expect them to be at least one terabyte drives and be proprietary. 

Message 1 of 25 (8,356 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/30/2008
Offline
3334 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013

Looks like the ps4 will be using the internet ALOT so yes, 1000GB+ but doubt it since they wanna keep price down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 25 (8,350 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 03/16/2009
Offline
134 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013
I kinda feel like waiting to get a PS4 due to the likehood of bigger hard drive consoles being released later...maybe. but a 1TB hard drive to start would be fantastic!
Message 3 of 25 (8,347 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3436 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013

im not understanding something because many articles i have been reading are saying the HDD is built in..if thats the case theres no upgrading it later on...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 4 of 25 (8,331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/08/2012
Offline
1283 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013
Built in HDD? That's the smartest idea since MS and their Xbox only HDD's.
Message 5 of 25 (8,327 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013

Proprietary hardware costs STUPID amounts of money for development and retail sales.... 

 

Thats just stupid.

 

 

its obvious the PS4 is going to use laptop hard drives.... the entire console is built off of PC architecture.

 

This will keep overall costs down because wholesale prices of PC hard drives are stupid cheap... 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 25 (8,326 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/30/2009
Offline
129 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013

kythunder wrote:

im not understanding something because many articles i have been reading are saying the HDD is built in..if thats the case theres no upgrading it later on...


The built in memory is the 8 GB RAM. It should still have a hard drive.

Message 7 of 25 (8,322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3436 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 21, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Proprietary hardware costs STUPID amounts of money for development and retail sales.... 

 

Thats just stupid.

 

 

its obvious the PS4 is going to use laptop hard drives.... the entire console is built off of PC architecture.

 

This will keep overall costs down because wholesale prices of PC hard drives are stupid cheap... 


you would think so lol....but this is really my only concern about the ps4 as this hasnt really been clarified

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 8 of 25 (8,320 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/11/2011
Offline
336 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 22, 2013

I am hoping we can use external hard drives (not for just backing up, but to store and retrieve game data).

Message 9 of 25 (8,303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3436 posts
 

Re: PS4 Hard Drive Sizes.

Feb 22, 2013

gamevader28 wrote:

I am hoping we can use external hard drives (not for just backing up, but to store and retrieve game data).


won't happen....piracy would be way to easy...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 10 of 25 (8,300 Views)
Reply
0 Likes