MVP Support
10903 posts

Re: PS4 HDR lightning lacks brightness

Jun 25, 2014

furleys_ascot wrote:

oh and by the way OP, your use of the term 'aggressive lense flare' as if were something you want, made me cringe and throw up in my mouth a bit.

I suspect the OP is in some way related to JJ 'Lens Flare' Abrams...

Message 11 of 17 (194 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 25, 2014

Lol, dude what I meant with agressive lens flare is that on xbox one and pc it looks more orange compared to ps4, Smiley Very Happy and yes maybe is matter of taste, but brighter HDR and "more orange lens flare" is what the developers wanted it to look, is really strange that a ps3 can make it better than a ps4  wich should be capable to do it better. I guess that developers were lazy to program a proper HDR because the time consuming xbox one and the horrible implemented esram took all the time.

Message 12 of 17 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1418 posts

Jun 25, 2014

In real life photography hdr is getting rid of that too much brightness so I say the ps4 is more realistic then Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 17 (184 Views)
MVP Support
10903 posts

Jun 25, 2014

BrownishFrame92 wrote:

Lol, dude what I meant with agressive lens flare is that on xbox one and pc it looks more orange compared to ps4, Smiley Very Happy and yes maybe is matter of taste, but brighter HDR and "more orange lens flare" is what the developers wanted it to look, is really strange that a ps3 can make it better than a ps4  wich should be capable to do it better. I guess that developers were lazy to program a proper HDR because the time consuming xbox one and the horrible implemented esram took all the time.

Actually, the lazyness is in the just throwing the brightest light possible around on everything.  That literally takes no programming talent at all.  Lens flare has been around for decades.  Nothing new, there, either.  I remember the 'spectacular' lens flare in the original Starsiege Tribes (1996) and Tribes 2 (1998), which were both VGA games.  As stated, the PS3 version is just brighter.  Things look sharper, because there are no particle effects present to 'disturb' your perfect view of the world.

I don't know that you had a chance to see the Destiny Alpha last week, but there were literally millions of particles (like dust, dtrizzle, atmosperic debris, etc) floating around everywhere giving the bright sunshine sort of a natural hue.  Almost like the dust clouds that fall for several minutes after an explosion.  THIS is the type of effect that really indicates a 'next' gen effort.  You see the same sort of effect in inFamousSmiley Frustratedecond Son for a few minutes after you perform an Orbital Drop.

Message 14 of 17 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1799 posts

Jun 25, 2014

Ah, I kinda if i'm not mistaken see the difference in Lenz Flare on the PS3 Compared to PS4, i'm not quite sure but it does look better on the PS3... I could be wrong, though... 

But as far as everything else goes, PS4 looks far better over the PS3, Visual Graphically... 

1 tiny Lenz Flare thing is not enough to make a huge deal... 

The Graphix still look better on the PS4... ~_~ 

Don't forget they are only Demonstrating these Changes in Consoles... Wait a Year or 2, when they start showing off what the PS4 is truely capable of, & then if you still have your same arguement, then i'll agknowlage your complaint, oO

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 15 of 17 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Maybe adjust your TV settings. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 17 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Mightylink wrote:

In real life photography hdr is getting rid of that too much brightness so I say the ps4 is more realistic then Smiley Tongue

Are you sure about that? 

Because I can be pretty sure HDR is an image process that take several of the same pictures with different color, contrast and tint setting, with each image layer over each other to give a specific appearance/feel of the picture.

Lighting CAN play a part in HDR images, but its certainly not exclusively used to get rid of any brightness. 

HDR is not even defined as anything to do with 'brightness' 

Google "HDR images" and you'll varying degrees of the process.

This is what HDR looks like in photos...

HDR example

HDR is nothing but playing with an images luminosity to get a desired effect. Used in video, its more used as an image filter.... and not every game uses it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes